Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,875 members, 7,817,577 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:47 PM

Ondo 2020: Owolabi Olayide Adelami (mni) Joins APC Guber Race - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ondo 2020: Owolabi Olayide Adelami (mni) Joins APC Guber Race (255 Views)

Owolabo Adelami: Aboola's Defection Not A Threat To APC In Ondo / Mr Olayide Adelami(mni) and wife Mrs Abosede Olubukunola Adelami (APC Ondo 2020) / Biography Of Olayide Owolabi Adelami (mni) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Ondo 2020: Owolabi Olayide Adelami (mni) Joins APC Guber Race by tibexgoodboy(m): 9:50pm On May 14, 2020
[color=#770077][/color]Ahead of the 2020 governorship race in Ondo State, a seasoned technocrat cum politician, Mr. Owolabi Adelami has declared his intention to join the governorship race for the highest seat of power in the state under the All Progressive Congress ( APC).

Addressing party faithfuls and supporters across the 18 local government areas of the state in Akure, the Ondo State capital, Mr. Adelami an indigene of Owo said he is ready to serve his people and correct certain impression that good governance cannot be attained in Ondo State.

Drawing from his over 30 years of experience in service to his fatherland, Adelami said if given the opportunity to serve as the Governor of Ondo State, he will run an all inclusive government and remain a faithful party man to his people.

Cross section of APC members at the event
“For over 30 good years, I was at the National Assembly and over that period, I have learnt the rudiments of politics. Good governance is possible like that of Baba Ajasin Baba Adefarati and even Governor Agagu – they laid a good foundation.

I also want to come in and correct certain impression. How a state will be depend on the who is at the helms of affairs. I want to contribute my quota too. There is the need to make a statement that good governance is possible.

On some of the things he intend to achieve if given the opportunity, Adelami said local government funds will be spent in the respective local government saying the state government has no business building markets in the state.
“My plan is to work closely with the 18 LGs in the state and I will buy bulldozers for each LG so that they are empowered to go about opening up their rural roads”, he added

He also hinted that particular attention will be paid to widows as they are vulnerable saying he has been empowering widows over the years as a way of giving back to those in dire need.

“Under my watch, I will give prominence to women, make LGs visible and functional. Youths will also be empowered we are going to design a special program for them. The development index of Ondo State is going down and eastern states are now taking over.
We will make Ondo State an ICT hub and inculcate artisans into the system and re-equip them so that we can achieve a large number of middle level manpower as against the current situation where we have just a few people high up there and very large mass of lower class”, he further stressed.

Mr. Adelami who further assured the people of better days ahead said as a trained accountant and a trained procurement officer, Ondo State will experience a new lease of life under his watch as the Governor of the state stressing that he will reduce payable fees in state institutions of learning.

“The only industry we have in Ondo State is school and for the past 11 years, successive government have failed to recruit teachers into the system. This is one of the reasons the quality of education has gone down”, he stressed.

Earlier the conveners of ADELAMI ONDO 2020 CAMPAIGN ORGANIZATION, Engr. Ralf Adetimehin, Alhaji Sakariyahu Arowolo and Comrade HK Bello in separate interviews said the present government has not done well in delivering the dividends of democracy to the people stressing that the time has come for party members to effect a change.

According to them, party members are disenchanted and are fed up with the present situation in the party.

Culled from:
https://topshotnews.com.ng/ondo-2020-owolabi-adelami-joins-apc-guber-race/

... and Accessed on (February 27th, 2020).

Re: Ondo 2020: Owolabi Olayide Adelami (mni) Joins APC Guber Race by nairavsdollars(f): 9:53pm On May 14, 2020
Who sabi this one for Ondo?
Re: Ondo 2020: Owolabi Olayide Adelami (mni) Joins APC Guber Race by tibexgoodboy(m): 9:59pm On May 14, 2020
Everyone Sabi am.
A Man of the People.
A man of the Grassroots.
A Husband to the Widows (Oko Opo).

You clearly aren’t from Ondo State.

(1) (Reply)

Faac Allocation Accrue To Kogi State For The Month Of April 2020 Dropped By / Leadership – Its Burden And Purpose / COVID-19: IGP Gives Fresh Directive On Movement Of Essential Workers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.