Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,179 members, 7,821,990 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:55 PM

Saint Mienpamo Onistha On My Detention By The Department Of State Security - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Saint Mienpamo Onistha On My Detention By The Department Of State Security (503 Views)

Mienpamo Onitsha Apologises To Kogi Over Fake ₦7bn Isolation Centre’s Report / Sanusi: Abubakar Malami, Ibrahim Muktar, Kano AG Ordered My Detention / Prof Yemi Osinbajo Is Not A Democrat, He Prepared My Detention Under Decree 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Saint Mienpamo Onistha On My Detention By The Department Of State Security by akelicious(m): 5:06am On May 15, 2020
PRESS STATEMENT OF SAINT MIENPAMO ONISTHA ON MY DETENTION BY THE DEPARTMENT OF STATE SECURITY
12th Day of May, 2020
Good morning, distinguished ladies and gentlemen of the press, I am Saint Mienpamo Onitsha, the CEO of Naijalive TV. I am aware that there have been different stories flying the cyberspace concerning my suspected abduction. I am making this press statement to put the record straight about what happened.
1. It all happened on the 9th day of May, 2020. I was lying on my bed, sleeping, when at about 1:00 am, operatives of the Department of State Security broke into my house. I opened my eyes, and realized that l was at gun point. They were four of them in number who entered my room. It was a sting operation. The men were fully masked, and at that point, I knew I was in for it. Why have these men come after me, I thought? Initially, I felt they were kidnappers or some gently men of the high way. One of them then said to me: “Keep your head down.” For fear of my life, l didn’t say any word in response. But before they went out with me, they opened the room of my children. On seeing that, l told them that l have a daughter who is an epileptic patient, and that, she might collapse if she behold the ugly scene. They listened and closed the door. Thereafter, they took me out blindfolded. I was put inside a vehicle and then they drove off. Later, the car stopped. They all came down of the car, and I was alone in the car for after about one hour tweny minutes or so. l was still in the car, l observed that they put on the air conditioner in the car. As a result of the cold atmosphere, l started freezing.
2. After a while, they started driving again, after which they stopped. Thereafter, they asked me to come down which l did. l was asked to stand somewhere. l stood there for about 30 minutes after which they asked me to stand between two cars. After that, they removed the blindfold and took photo shot- of me. Then, they put the blindfold on me again, and then took me to the place l was previously standing. It was after this, that they took me to a cell in the Department of State Security. It was a gruesome site to behold as the cell was filled with cockroaches, and perhaps, other kinds of insects I can’t really describe with words of the mouth. This should be about 3:00 am to 4:00 am in the morning.
3. In the cell, there was just one small foam. The room was very dark and scary. It was like my world has come to an end. It was horrible because even at that point, no one has told me the reason for my arrest. At about 7:00 am to 8:00 am, they took me to another cell filled with mosquitoes. l was heavily bitten by the hungry insects. Within this period, I have not eaten anything.
4. On several occasions I asked them to tell me the reason for my arrest, but no answer was given. l was not shown anything as reason for my arrest, not even a petition. That same Sunday evening, l was taken to an office on handcuffs and still blindfolded. Not only were my hands in shackles, my legs were also in shackles. Then, about four officers started interviewing me. l was asked an unexpected question:
What did you post about government?
5. At this point, I became aware that my detention was connected to the government. They asked me what l knew about the Bayelsa State Tribunal matter against the Deputy Governor of Bayelsa State. l replied by telling them about the news concerning the Tribunal as it deals with the Deputy Governor. They quizzed me further by asking me how I got to know about the subpoena. They wanted to know who gave me the subpoena. I replied them, telling them that the subpoena is a public document which anyone can get access to. I also told them that I got a soft copy of the served subpoena from a reliable source. It was obvious at this point that, my arrest is connected to the Tribunal matter.
6. When they asked me about the suspected impeachment issue of the Deputy Governor, l replied by telling them that l made publications concerning individuals’ reactions to it, and that, their reactions were basically statements that were issued by the persons involved.
7. After these explanations they asked me to stand up. They then took some shots of me. They took my face shot, back shot, and then sides-shots. They also captured my thumbprints. Afterward, they took down record of my profile, after which we returned to the interview session. It was a whole drama.
8. They continued by asking me a question concerning the Kogi isolation centre publication which l made. I then brought out the publication from my blog site; Naijalivetvv.com and showed them. l maintained that l got those details from the reactions of some persons from social media. They saw it and confirmed it. Within this period, several calls were made by the DSS operatives while the interview was ongoing.
9. After the interview ended, l was asked to give my statement. I started responding to the questions they asked me. Though the questions were basically about the Kogi matter, it was more like a dictation; that is, they were dictating to me how to pen down my statement. I was not given the opportunity to express myself freely even though I could write on my own. I was under immense pressure.
10. Minutes after, l was taken to the cell. I was bitten by very big mosquitoes continually. The bites affected me so much -- my health was also affected. I couldn’t sleep.
11. About 7: 00pm, on Monday, the 11th day of May, 2020, l was told that l am going to meet the DSS Director.
12. On Tuesday, the 12th day of May, 2020, l was taken to meet somebody who l suspected to be the Director. I was asked almost the same questions about the Bayelsa matter, and I furnished the answers I had earlier given. After that, I was taken to another room. I was brought out later again. When I came out, l saw Ovieteme George of TVC News and a Leadership News Correspondence. Without my consent, they started taking photos of me as if I was one petty criminal. What could I say? I was a man under pressure. I just watched them as they were doing what they were doing. The whole scene was tensed. I was told by one of the operatives of the DSS to apologize to the State government, that, the apology was aimed at gaining my freedom. Enough pressure was mounted on me to apologize.
13. The said Director stated that the media personnel should record that l am a serial fake news carrier and that, l will be prosecuted -- the so-called Director asked the media not to capture his face.
14. After that, the media men covered me, they asked me if l was kidnapped, l said no, and that l was detained by the DSS. I told them that l have no issue with the Bayelsa state government. I also repeated my stand on the Kogi and Bayelsa State matter which l published. I then apologized to the Bayelsa State Government as I was under pressure to do so.
I will like to state these points:
i. No Petition was given to me, as formal complaint against me.
ii. The DSS operatives where so keen on their questions concerning the Tribunal matter already in court.
iii. I did not post any fake news as was alleged.
iv. The so-called apology was not my making as I was asked to do so under duress.
Thank you all for listening. Truth is indeed power. It is my hope that the truth you have heard now put the record straight as it ought to be.
Thank You.
Signed
Saint Mienpamo Onistha

https://www.akelicious.net/saint-mienpamo-onistha-on-my-detention-by-the-department-of-state-security/

Re: Saint Mienpamo Onistha On My Detention By The Department Of State Security by longetivity(m): 5:23am On May 15, 2020
sorry bro ............ DSS theeereee is God oooooo
Re: Saint Mienpamo Onistha On My Detention By The Department Of State Security by helinues: 5:28am On May 15, 2020
Minutes after, l was taken to the cell. I was bitten by very big mosquitoes continually. The bites affected me so much -- my health was also affected

Iyen ordinary mosquito bites?? grin grin
Re: Saint Mienpamo Onistha On My Detention By The Department Of State Security by FlordFlorez(m): 6:10am On May 15, 2020
Get a good lawyer and sue them. U will make big money from it. Ask Mr Okolie.
Re: Saint Mienpamo Onistha On My Detention By The Department Of State Security by Nobody: 6:26am On May 15, 2020
helinues:

Iyen ordinary mosquito bites?? grin grin
Not everyone lives in poverty stricken conditions....grin..
Re: Saint Mienpamo Onistha On My Detention By The Department Of State Security by CodeTemplar: 6:27am On May 15, 2020
Buhari and his commandos. . .
Re: Saint Mienpamo Onistha On My Detention By The Department Of State Security by helinues: 6:36am On May 15, 2020
MelesZenawi:

Not everyone lives in poverty stricken conditions....grin..

So mosquitoes are now Coronavirus? undecided undecided
Re: Saint Mienpamo Onistha On My Detention By The Department Of State Security by Nobody: 6:38am On May 15, 2020
helinues:

So mosquitoes are now Coronavirus? undecided undecided

Not everyone lives in poverty stricken conditions.... ..
Don't use your standard of living to Judge others.
Re: Saint Mienpamo Onistha On My Detention By The Department Of State Security by helinues: 6:42am On May 15, 2020
MelesZenawi:

So mosquitoes only exist and survive in poverty area? Abi you want tell me say na only Nigeria mosquitoes dey?

You didn't learn anything from your off from NL.

Choi... sad

1 Like

Re: Saint Mienpamo Onistha On My Detention By The Department Of State Security by Nobody: 6:46am On May 15, 2020
helinues:

So mosquitoes only exist and survive in poverty area? Abi you want tell me say na only Nigeria mosquitoes dey?

You didn't learn anything from your off from NL.

Choi... sad

Many use strong spray or anything to wad off mosquito.

Stop using your standard as parameter.
Re: Saint Mienpamo Onistha On My Detention By The Department Of State Security by helinues: 6:50am On May 15, 2020
MelesZenawi:

Sense is still far from your argument.

I doubt if you have ever heard of 1004 apartment in Lagos. Stayed there several times whenever i am in the country.. As how rich the place is, mosquitoes still dey... May be that's my standard parameter.

Mosquitoes are not that common in South Africa, but they have annoying cockroaches.. I guess their big cities and towns are also poverty stricken area.

Google Spintex in Ghana and tell me the area is also poverty stricken when the mosquitoes there are vampires...

Same Google could help if you search for Mirema estate , Nairobi, Kenya, the mosquitoes there are Tasmania devil.

Guy, stop all this unnecessary argument just to seek irrelevant attention

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Saint Mienpamo Onistha On My Detention By The Department Of State Security by Nobody: 7:06am On May 15, 2020
helinues:

Sense is still far from your argument.

I doubt if you have ever heard of 1004 apartment in Lagos. Stayed there several times whenever i am in the country.. As how rich the place is, mosquitoes still dey... May be that's my standard parameter.

Mosquitoes are not that common in South Africa, but they have annoying cockroaches.. I guess their big cities and towns are also poverty stricken area.

Google Spintex in Ghana and tell me the area is also poverty stricken when the mosquitoes there are vampires...

Same Google could help if you search for Mirema estate , Nairobi, Kenya, the mosquitoes there are Tasmania devil.

Guy, stop all this unnecessary argument just to seek irrelevant attention

Re: Saint Mienpamo Onistha On My Detention By The Department Of State Security by helinues: 7:08am On May 15, 2020
MelesZenawi:

Purely emptiness..

You have never been to those places I mentioned yet you are shouting I am using my condition to judge others. You should rather don't use your poverty stricken situation to judge others...

Anyways, you have never been coherent..

Activating the list.... grin
Re: Saint Mienpamo Onistha On My Detention By The Department Of State Security by Nobody: 7:10am On May 15, 2020
helinues:

Purely emptiness..

You have never been to those places I mentioned yet you are shouting I am using my condition to judge others. You should rather don't use your poverty stricken situation to judge others...

Just shut it...shut up..

What do you think you are saying....shut it.
Re: Saint Mienpamo Onistha On My Detention By The Department Of State Security by kuuljay(m): 8:25am On May 15, 2020
helinues:

Purely emptiness..

you may have been reasoning with someone smoking hemp, grin
Re: Saint Mienpamo Onistha On My Detention By The Department Of State Security by helinues: 8:33am On May 15, 2020
kuuljay:
you may have been reasoning with someone smoking hemp, grin

The guy is too empty yet forming as if he sabi...

(1) (Reply)

Eid-el-fitri Celebration Versus Government Order On Large Congregation / Ghana Demolished Embassy Because Of Buhari's Weak And Incompetent Govt- FFK / President Buhari Nominates FCT Chief Judge For International Criminal Court

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.