Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,766 members, 7,851,618 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 01:08 AM

We Don’t Know Whereabouts Of Chinese Doctors – FG - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Don’t Know Whereabouts Of Chinese Doctors – FG (601 Views)

We Don’t Know Whereabouts Of Suspended Adamawa REC – INEC / Just In: We Know Whereabouts Of Kankara Schoolboys- Defence Minister / Leaked Whereabouts Of Nnamdi Kanu Has Vindicated Our Position, Says IPOB (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

We Don’t Know Whereabouts Of Chinese Doctors – FG by Desperado78: 7:54am On May 15, 2020
The Federal Government does not know the whereabouts of the Chinese doctors and technicians who came into the country to offer assistance in the fight against COVID-19.
This was made known by the Minister of Health, Osagie Ehanire one month after the controversial arrival of the Chinese medical team.

The 15-member Chinese medical team made up of doctors, nurses, and laboratory technicians, arrived at the Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport, Abuja, on April 8, 2020, with medical ekomiamiblog equipment worth about $1.5 million, and went in for two week quarantine period according to Covid-19 protocols.

The arrival of the 15 Chinese doctors and technicians, had generated strong criticisms, but the federal Government had dispelled such fears of their presence in the country, stressing that they were in the country to help.

When asked during a recent press briefing about the whereabouts of the Chinese medical team at the daily briefing, Ehanire said: “I want to explain first of all that I think not all of them were doctors and I heard that some of them are technicians, but they are staff of CCECC, the Ministry of health is not their host, so we can’t always explain what happened to them or where they are.

“There seems to be a lot of interests in these doctors but they are the staff of a company and I think they are on the company visa. So I will be very happy if you don’t ask me about where they are because they are not really our guests in that sense. But we have been able to learn some things from them by interacting with them from their experience in their country, we shared ideas about what they did in their country in managing Covid -19.”

Read more - https://www.ekomiami.com.ng/2020/05/15/nigeria-will-disgrace-you-we-dont-know-whereabouts-of-chinese-doctors-fg/

Re: We Don’t Know Whereabouts Of Chinese Doctors – FG by BranddesignerH: 7:56am On May 15, 2020
Shameful
Re: We Don’t Know Whereabouts Of Chinese Doctors – FG by Tissaia(f): 7:57am On May 15, 2020
shocked
Re: We Don’t Know Whereabouts Of Chinese Doctors – FG by Davash222(m): 8:00am On May 15, 2020
They couldn't save Abba Kyari and you expected FG to know their whereabouts
Re: We Don’t Know Whereabouts Of Chinese Doctors – FG by Mynd44: 8:05am On May 15, 2020

(1)

Igbos And Tinubu Should Forget 2023 President - Femi Fanni-kayode (video) / VIDEO! Nigeria Governors Forum Now A Toothless Bulldog- Governor Wike / PDP To Ize-iyamu: Your Godfather Oshiomhole Can’t Make You Governor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.