Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,025 members, 7,818,027 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:30 AM

Jonathan Is Changing Pdp For The Good - Nigeria To Follow - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Is Changing Pdp For The Good - Nigeria To Follow (1399 Views)

Jonathan’s Campaign Security Chief, 3,000 Others Dump PDP For APC In Edo / Ambassador Dumps PDP For APC In Bayelsa / Opinion: Is It Good Nigeria Didn't Qualify For AFCON 2015? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan Is Changing Pdp For The Good - Nigeria To Follow by Beaf: 6:14pm On Jan 14, 2011
I quite like this post from debosky. It points at very telling changes brought into Africa's biggest party by GEJ's administration. It isn't perfect, but this is what we for not just the PDP, but the whole of Nigeria, we expect positive, fundamental changes. Way to go GEJ, way to go!

Please add your views, lets debate the keen observations below.

debosky: Say what you will about GEJ, Atiku and the PDP as a whole, but this is a marked improvement on the PDP primaries of the past.

The previous ones always had sudden withdrawals from the race at the 11th hour, due to pressure brought to bear (usually by OBJ and his cronies) in an attempt to foist a candidate on the party, followed by a sham election of a 'consensus candidate'.

In this case however, no one was disqualified, no candidate was sabotaged by last minute court orders, no arms were twisted with fictitious EFCC investigations appearing out of thin air amongst others.

We all suspect that money would've changed hands at some point, but that is currently inevitable in Nigerian politics.

When all these factors are taken into account, this has been the most democratic presidential primary ever held by the PDP. There was no 'selection' this time and we could clearly see the winner emerge.

Yes problems exist in the PDP, they are still mostly a gathering of opportunistic thieves, but we could at least see an element of progress over the last primaries.

Now GEJ must do his best to unite the party behind him and then get the entire nation to support him. If he doesn't, the PDP infighting will provide more of a headache for him than any opposition party can.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-584783.960.html#msg7530370
Re: Jonathan Is Changing Pdp For The Good - Nigeria To Follow by Kobojunkie: 6:15pm On Jan 14, 2011
[size=15pt]ROFLMAO!!![/size]

Yes, ooo . . . .PDP members are now Born agains because of Goodluck Jonathan . . . ROFLMAO!!
Re: Jonathan Is Changing Pdp For The Good - Nigeria To Follow by jason123: 6:25pm On Jan 14, 2011
Kobojunkie:

[size=15pt]ROFLMAO!!![/size]

Yes, ooo . . . .PDP members are now Born agains because of Goodluck Jonathan . . . ROFLMAO!!

grin grin grin grin cheesy

PDP has been to heaven and even danced with the angels because of GJ! Infact, they have been baptised by the holy spirit because of GJ!!! Such hypocrites!!!
Re: Jonathan Is Changing Pdp For The Good - Nigeria To Follow by Nobody: 6:30pm On Jan 14, 2011
No coment
Re: Jonathan Is Changing Pdp For The Good - Nigeria To Follow by Jakumo(m): 6:44pm On Jan 14, 2011
There was a fine lady called Roful Maos
Who rarely had a cheerful word to say
So she spent a lot of time chasing shadows
And telling happiness and joy to go away

So if you ever see Mz Roful Maos
Don't you dare let her know you tend to smile
Or she'll say real loud "Here come the wackos"
then go back to waiting like a crocodile.

Roful Maos,  Roful Maos don't you know
There's a lotta good, if you only care to look
Instead of strugglin'  I say go with the flow
Then just maybe I'll let you off the hook

Off the hook, off the hook Roful Maos
Johnny B. Good is off the hook
Buhari is BOUND to lose, even as you snooze
Its off the hook, Roful Maos, off the hook
Re: Jonathan Is Changing Pdp For The Good - Nigeria To Follow by Nobody: 6:50pm On Jan 14, 2011
Yes problems exist in the PDP, they are still mostly a gathering of opportunistic thieves, but we could at least see an element of progress over the last primaries.

gej out brown enveloped atiku. 'nuff said
Re: Jonathan Is Changing Pdp For The Good - Nigeria To Follow by savanaha: 8:19pm On Jan 14, 2011
Jakumo:

I almost died laughing at this. Hahaha!!
Re: Jonathan Is Changing Pdp For The Good - Nigeria To Follow by Kobojunkie: 8:36pm On Jan 14, 2011
Jakumo:

Instead of strugglin' [size=13pt] I say go with the flow[/size]

[size=13pt]Off the hook, off the hook Roful Maos[/size]
Its off the hook, Roful Maos, [size=13pt]off the hook [/size]   

Classic . . .  Go with the flow . . . nice one!!
Re: Jonathan Is Changing Pdp For The Good - Nigeria To Follow by Nsiman(m): 10:48pm On Jan 14, 2011
Kobojunkie, pls are u single?
Re: Jonathan Is Changing Pdp For The Good - Nigeria To Follow by FACE(m): 10:56pm On Jan 14, 2011
Nsiman:

Kobojunkie, pls are u single?

Maybe, but she is circa 52years old. Do you still want ?
Re: Jonathan Is Changing Pdp For The Good - Nigeria To Follow by Beaf: 11:00pm On Jan 14, 2011
Jakumo:

Roful Maos, Roful Maos don't you know
Instead of strugglin' I say go with the flow

Nice poem. You're good man!
Yes, most are so morose, they can't tell a pound for tuppence, they keep "waiting like a crocodile" and can't see the truth, yet:

Instead of strugglin' I say go with the flow

Life is easy really. Most never commented on the words of the article, but simply regressed to crocodilian death roll mode.
Re: Jonathan Is Changing Pdp For The Good - Nigeria To Follow by appletango: 11:01pm On Jan 14, 2011
PDP is now just a regional party and for that we should all be grateful. thank you jona, you killed the beast that gave you life.
Re: Jonathan Is Changing Pdp For The Good - Nigeria To Follow by jason123: 11:09pm On Jan 14, 2011
appletango:

PDP is now just a regional party and for that we should all be grateful. thank you jona, you killed the beast that gave you life.

cheesy :DGbam!!!
Re: Jonathan Is Changing Pdp For The Good - Nigeria To Follow by jamace(m): 7:34pm On Jan 15, 2011
Jonathan Is Changing Pdp For The Good - Nigeria To Follow

100 X AMEN to that. cool cool
Re: Jonathan Is Changing Pdp For The Good - Nigeria To Follow by Akanbiedu(m): 12:45am On Jan 16, 2011
appletango:

Well, some of us have been praying for this to happen. The northern elites created the monster called PDP. With that turn by turn arrangement, its practically impossible to beat. Now we shall see how rigging on a wide scale will be possible.
Re: Jonathan Is Changing Pdp For The Good - Nigeria To Follow by fstranger1: 12:56am On Jan 16, 2011
FACE:

Maybe, but she is circa 52years old. Do you still want ?

52 is the new 18

I still want
Re: Jonathan Is Changing Pdp For The Good - Nigeria To Follow by Beaf: 1:40am On Jan 16, 2011
appletango:

Thats quite funny, cos even Atiku doesn't seem in any hurry to leave. IBB is reaching out to Jonathan to make peace, dude, it would seem you are own your own.
PDP was a party built for corrupt regional domination, but it is now a vast all-inclusive umbrella under GEJ, a party where merit and order prevail. Did you witness the exemplary primaries? Pearless!
Re: Jonathan Is Changing Pdp For The Good - Nigeria To Follow by Kobojunkie: 1:58am On Jan 16, 2011
appletango:

Deceive thyself much? undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Jonathan Is Changing Pdp For The Good - Nigeria To Follow by violent(m): 2:06am On Jan 16, 2011
Jakumo:

I dub thee Sir Jakumo of Nairaland!

Your poem is off the hook, i particularly liked the Buhari is bound to loose, sounds like music to my ears, great music!
Re: Jonathan Is Changing Pdp For The Good - Nigeria To Follow by ekubear1: 2:10am On Jan 16, 2011
GEJ turned water into wine, as well.

GEJ died for our sins.

Vote for GEJ!
Re: Jonathan Is Changing Pdp For The Good - Nigeria To Follow by fstranger1: 2:23am On Jan 16, 2011
eku_bear:

GEJ turned water into wine, as well.

GEJ died for our sins.

Vote for GEJ!

Sarcasm at its best!
Re: Jonathan Is Changing Pdp For The Good - Nigeria To Follow by appletango: 3:25am On Jan 16, 2011
think of the long game here people. some of you guys are playing chequers while others are playing chess.

i'll give anybody brownie points who can tell me why ibb is being so magnanimous in defeat?? anyone?? i'll give you a clue: a few BIG court cases are coming up.

party unity before the court case, party unity during the court case and party unity after the court case.
Re: Jonathan Is Changing Pdp For The Good - Nigeria To Follow by Beaf: 4:05am On Jan 16, 2011
appletango:

think of the long game here people. some of you guys are playing chequers while others are playing chess.

i'll give anybody brownie points who can tell me why ibb is being so magnanimous in defeat?? anyone?? i'll give you a clue: a few BIG court cases are coming up.

party unity before the court case, party unity during the court case and party unity after the court case.

What happened to the "BIG court cases" to stop the PDP primaries and Jonathan? Abeg, stop making cheap noise and seek reconciliation, if that is too hard seek the nearest cliff. Do or die ethnically bigoted politics has been resoundingly defeated and the wise are doing the right things.

Are you from a different country from Jonathan, or who do you think you are? It is either you accept the olive branch or be helped in your headlong race to the abbys.
Re: Jonathan Is Changing Pdp For The Good - Nigeria To Follow by johndoe200: 4:24am On Jan 16, 2011
appletango:

Why do you just spout rubbish? Do you even know what the PDP constitution says? Let me tell you that if anyone goes to court based on the PDP constitution they will lose.

It has amazed me how this noise about court cases has continued without any recourse to the facts. If you disagree state what you think you know and I will educate you.
Re: Jonathan Is Changing Pdp For The Good - Nigeria To Follow by appletango: 4:38am On Jan 16, 2011
it has nothing to do with bigotry or do or die politics or any other paranoid plot that is festering in your simple little mind. it is simply a matter of respecting a party's constitution. a constitution that stipulates zoning. a constitution that put gej in the position he is in today. a constitution that he signed willingly. a constitution which a judge of the high court has recently recognised as containing a zoning agreement.

let me tell you a little something about zoning. who here can name me ONE well known national politician from the south south before the pdp during the previous republics and military regimes? anyone. nope. and yet here we have a man jeopardising any future participation in national politics by minority people because of obj's third term agenda. it's totally selfish and reckless. however, while I agree in principle that politics should always be about the best man for the job, the nigerian electorate unfortunately isn't sophisticated enough to always select the right candidate - as can be seen in the case of GEJ (whom even his biggest admires would admit IS NOT THE BEST NIGERIA CAN OFFER). until nigerian's are able to pick their leaders based on merit and merit alone, zoning is the best system in ensuring that all regions of this country are fairly looked after and represented and the high table in national politics.
Re: Jonathan Is Changing Pdp For The Good - Nigeria To Follow by appletango: 4:43am On Jan 16, 2011
Oh pray tell johndoe200. I can't wait to hear your response. I'm getting my popcorn ready.
Re: Jonathan Is Changing Pdp For The Good - Nigeria To Follow by johndoe200: 5:01am On Jan 16, 2011
appletango:

Oh pray tell johndoe200. I can't wait to hear your response. I'm getting my popcorn ready.

I asked you if you know what the PDP constitution says, you have not answered.

I will just ask you a few questions more:

1. What does the rotation in the PDP constitution refer to?
2. What does the zoning in the PDP constitution refer to?
3. What are the bodies in the PDP that kind bind the PDP to any agreement?
4. What do political parties produce? Candidates or Presidents?
5. Who has a "term"? A candidate or an elected official?
6. What is the function of the PDP NATIOANL CONVENTION?
7. According to the PDP constitution, how often is this to be held?
Re: Jonathan Is Changing Pdp For The Good - Nigeria To Follow by Beaf: 5:17am On Jan 16, 2011
appletango:

it has nothing to do with bigotry or do or die politics or any other paranoid plot that is festering in your simple little mind. it is simply a matter of respecting a party's constitution. a constitution that stipulates zoning. a constitution that put gej in the position he is in today. a constitution that he signed willingly. a constitution which a judge of the high court has recently recognised as containing a zoning agreement.

let me tell you a little something about zoning. who here can name me ONE well known national politician from the south south before the pdp during the previous republics and military regimes? anyone. nope. and yet here we have a man jeopardising any future participation in national politics by minority people because of obj's third term agenda. it's totally selfish and reckless. however, while I agree in principle that politics should always be about the best man for the job, the nigerian electorate unfortunately isn't sophisticated enough to always select the right candidate - as can be seen in the case of GEJ (whom even his biggest admires would admit IS NOT THE BEST NIGERIA CAN OFFER). until nigerian's are able to pick their leaders based on merit and merit alone, zoning is the best system in ensuring that all regions of this country are fairly looked after and represented and the high table in national politics.

Dude, please shut it!

Your zoning was a primitive ploy to milk the nations wealth through the application of ethnic bigotry. It has failed, accept it, wash your face and move on. You must understand that so far, a lot of patience has been extended to you guys out of Jonathans wisdom and cool headed ways; do not mistake that for weakness as you did before, this time it might be very disastrous; 5 months is a shorter period than you understand.
Everybody wants peace, but the wise know that it is dangerous to push quiet people.

As for the SS producing the President, are SS people not Nigerians? Is any Nigerian more Nigerian than others? Are some born slaves, while others are born to rule? I must ask again, who do you really think you are?
For your info, zoning did not produce GEJ, rather agitation against parasites did. Your do or die methods, zoning, ethnic bigotry and ugly politics were all about etnic domination, that is gone.

The same PDP you want to hold at bomb point to accept zoning, voted in an extremely transparent process and resoundingly rejected zoning. So let any man born of woman begin airing his arse about making the nation ungovernable or similar crap and lets see the end result. Dude, look at it this way, people are simply tired of you people.
Re: Jonathan Is Changing Pdp For The Good - Nigeria To Follow by Nobody: 8:20am On Jan 16, 2011
Honestly, some people are going to slit their wrists should GEJ win the presidential election.

So much hate, sarcasm and vitriol towards the man. Tone it down guys!!
Re: Jonathan Is Changing Pdp For The Good - Nigeria To Follow by blacksta(m): 8:40am On Jan 16, 2011
Propagation of Lies Lies Lies  - when it going to stop and we face reality. We r still building on faulty foundations.

One thing you forget to realise is that a mixture of evil and good to achieve a temporary good aim will never stand the test of time. I can assure you that is not going to start  with the so called sham primaries all over the country most notable the pdp primaries. for It to stand the test of time it has be outright good.

After 11 years of misrule you all witness a so called madeup primaries and y all are celebrating when the entire arena was filled  past and present crooks

You forgot acknowledge the power of brown envelopes, Anneih promising to fish out delegates who dont vote for GEJ, The release of a Murder called Senator Folarin so that he can be at the primaries, The depletion of the Excess Crude account to finance last minute political mago mago.  The Attempt to change the constitution to make assembly members delegates of political parties THE LIST IS ENDLESS.

If the above is what you call democracy then we are finished.
Re: Jonathan Is Changing Pdp For The Good - Nigeria To Follow by Jakumo(m): 9:02am On Jan 16, 2011
OMO IBO:

Honestly, some people are going to slit their wrists should GEJ win the presidential election.

So much hate, sarcasm and vitriol towards the man. Tone it down guys!!

Omo Ibo, every human being should retain the option of pulling the plug on their own life if they experience great frustration and anguish, as many certainly will when Johnny B. Good sails to electoral victory in the coming presidential polls.

For those sad folks who choose the honorable Shogun MODALITY of departing to heaven when the election results are published, rest assured that you will all be eulogized as HEROES in your own living rooms ha ha ha.
Re: Jonathan Is Changing Pdp For The Good - Nigeria To Follow by Nobody: 9:18am On Jan 16, 2011
ROTFLMAO

Jakumo is a nutter.
The second paragraph had me in stitches

I can't fit shout

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ideato South, No-go Area For Opposition, Says Royal Father / : May Split Nigeria Like Darfur – Prof. Ibrahim Gambari / Imo Trains Doctors, Others On Emergency Rescue Mission

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.