Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,715 members, 7,816,947 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:49 PM

Igbo Lawmaker In Lagos Assembly Emerges Igbo Apex Leader - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbo Lawmaker In Lagos Assembly Emerges Igbo Apex Leader (2168 Views)

Zulfat Suara Is First Muslim Lawmaker In Tennesse US / BREAKING: New Speaker For Imo State House Of Assembly Emerges / Com.Adams Oshiomole @67 Prof Ebegue Amadasun congratulate the Apex leader (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Igbo Lawmaker In Lagos Assembly Emerges Igbo Apex Leader by Belleful: 12:19pm On May 15, 2020
GOOD ADVICE BY MR IDIMOGWU May 15, 20

The only Igbo lawmaker at the Lagos State House of Assembly, Hon. Jude Idimogwu, on Thursday emerged the Lagos Apex Leader of Igbos in the All Progressives Congress (APC).
Idimogwu, who is the Chairman House Committee On Wealth Creation, was unanimously endorsed by all the Eze Ndigbos in the state at the state Secretariat in Surulere, Lagos.
The lawmaker who is representing Oshodi/Isolo Constituency II while speaking with journalists after the endorsement, explained that the Ohanezes felt Igbos were marginalized by some people who claimed to be leaders of Igbos in the state.
Adding that “the Ohanezes have viewed and screened me and they see that I am someone who has the interest of the Igbos in Lagos State at heart. The truth is I have not been happy with the Igbos performance in APC in Lagos State especially during election.
“Every success of a party lies in the leadership. I know quite well that the position is for me. Now, I’m ready to take the bull by the horn. Most Igbos tend to vote against our party because the leadership don’t reach them on time.
“And my people are very proud people who are self dependent and cannot be lured or bribed. Now is the time to win them over by giving them reason why they should support the party and not wait till election is close before we go to them and win them over”, said Idimogwu
The lawmaker stressed that, “now that I’ve emerged as the Ndigbo leader I am particular about sacrifice because that is what leadership is all about. I am ready to sacrifice for my people and I’m here to protect their right.
“I also want them to know that nothing goes for nothing. They should obey the laws of the land because we are strangers in the land and we do not argue with the fact. We also have to thank our in-law the Yoruba who are very accommodating.
“You can’t be progressing in a State and not support the ruling party. I have their interest in mind, their welfare and concern is what I have to interfere with the government and also they should expect something from the government as well.
“This is why you need leaders that are accountable and open minded, who put you first before any other thing. If I leave the State today I will return to the Eastern State that is the more reason why I should make sure they are protected”

1 Like

Re: Igbo Lawmaker In Lagos Assembly Emerges Igbo Apex Leader by Tissaia(f): 12:20pm On May 15, 2020
shocked What Igbo law maker in Lagos
Re: Igbo Lawmaker In Lagos Assembly Emerges Igbo Apex Leader by Davash222(m): 12:21pm On May 15, 2020
Tissaia:
shocked What Igbo law maker in Lagos
When we tell you Lagos is no man's land, you think say na play

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbo Lawmaker In Lagos Assembly Emerges Igbo Apex Leader by Enyimbafc: 12:23pm On May 15, 2020
Very soon the governor seat will be ours.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Igbo Lawmaker In Lagos Assembly Emerges Igbo Apex Leader by Crixxx: 12:25pm On May 15, 2020
My chest. I can't even breathe well

3 Likes

Re: Igbo Lawmaker In Lagos Assembly Emerges Igbo Apex Leader by Nigeriabiafra80: 12:27pm On May 15, 2020
He was voted mainly by his constituency majority which are igbos

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Lawmaker In Lagos Assembly Emerges Igbo Apex Leader by Bethel4Life(f): 12:29pm On May 15, 2020
We Yoruba christians are happy whit this news

well

except ur a muslim

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbo Lawmaker In Lagos Assembly Emerges Igbo Apex Leader by Bethel4Life(f): 12:30pm On May 15, 2020
Nigeriabiafra80:
does it mean that that constituency issa no mans land?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbo Lawmaker In Lagos Assembly Emerges Igbo Apex Leader by Whiteangel1234: 12:30pm On May 15, 2020
Igbo Amaka Nwannem !!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Lawmaker In Lagos Assembly Emerges Igbo Apex Leader by Bethel4Life(f): 12:31pm On May 15, 2020
Enyimbafc:
Very soon the governor seat will be ours.
chest beating at its highest

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Lawmaker In Lagos Assembly Emerges Igbo Apex Leader by Bethel4Life(f): 12:32pm On May 15, 2020
Crixxx:
Too bad Igbos have dominated and subdued us in our own lands seems we'll start killing them.. My chest. I can't even breathe well
Re: Igbo Lawmaker In Lagos Assembly Emerges Igbo Apex Leader by Whiteangel1234: 12:33pm On May 15, 2020
Bethel4Life:
We Yoruba christians are happy whit this news

well

except ur a muslim

Yes !!! Yoruba are nice and lovely people my only issue is with the Yoruba Moslems

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Lawmaker In Lagos Assembly Emerges Igbo Apex Leader by demolinka(m): 12:33pm On May 15, 2020
Lagos is a reference point for the whole of Nigeria. Small time na so all Nigeria go be, Yoruba man governing Anambra, Igala man governing Katsina, Urhobo man governing Oyo, Hausa Man governing Bayelsa, etc.

4 Likes

Re: Igbo Lawmaker In Lagos Assembly Emerges Igbo Apex Leader by Bethel4Life(f): 12:33pm On May 15, 2020
Crixxx:
Too bad Igbos have dominated and subdued us in our own lands seems we'll start killing them.. My chest. I can't even breathe well
Rare pictures of Yoruba muslims after reading this news......

3 Likes

Re: Igbo Lawmaker In Lagos Assembly Emerges Igbo Apex Leader by Davash222(m): 12:34pm On May 15, 2020
Nigeriabiafra80:
Lagos is mainly dominated by Igbos.
Re: Igbo Lawmaker In Lagos Assembly Emerges Igbo Apex Leader by BabaRamota1980: 12:38pm On May 15, 2020
Davash222:

Idimogwu remains in the chamber because he crossed over to APC, party of the owners of Lagos. Beyond the fact he is married to Yoruba. These two are his license to survival in the chamber. If he drops either one the owners of Lagos will sack him. There were two of them, the other one was sacked for refusing to play by the rules dictated by Lagos owners.

8 Likes

Re: Igbo Lawmaker In Lagos Assembly Emerges Igbo Apex Leader by BabaRamota1980: 12:40pm On May 15, 2020
Nigeriabiafra80:

He was not the only Igbo voted by constituency, he is just the only Igbo who does not deceive himself.

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Lawmaker In Lagos Assembly Emerges Igbo Apex Leader by Nigeriabiafra80: 12:40pm On May 15, 2020
Bethel4Life:
does it mean that that constituency issa no mans land?
If you ask me who will I ask
Re: Igbo Lawmaker In Lagos Assembly Emerges Igbo Apex Leader by Bethel4Life(f): 12:43pm On May 15, 2020
Nigeriabiafra80:

If you ask me who will I ask
Lolz trying to be clever by half huh?? are u not from d southwest again?
Re: Igbo Lawmaker In Lagos Assembly Emerges Igbo Apex Leader by Bethel4Life(f): 12:46pm On May 15, 2020
BabaRamota1980:

Idimogwu remains in the chamber because he crossed over to APC, party of the owners of Lagos. Beyond the fact he is married to Yoruba. These two are his license to survival in the chamber. If he drops either one the owners of Lagos will sack him. There were two of them, the other one was sacked for refusing to play by the rules dictated by Lagos owners.

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Lawmaker In Lagos Assembly Emerges Igbo Apex Leader by Okpotokpo: 12:46pm On May 15, 2020
Like seriously, it's only in africa and especially this over hyped shithole that a person's ethnicity is placed before competency, thats why we're so backward. cryLike seriously, it's only in africa and especially this over hyped shithole that a person's ethnicity is placed before competency, thats why we're so backward.
Re: Igbo Lawmaker In Lagos Assembly Emerges Igbo Apex Leader by scholes0(m): 12:46pm On May 15, 2020
Which one is Igbo apex leader? Lmaoo grin How is that a position of any political relevance?

Baba is lucky that he is even still in that house, He is the only one left there.

4 Likes

Re: Igbo Lawmaker In Lagos Assembly Emerges Igbo Apex Leader by Nobody: 12:50pm On May 15, 2020
demolinka:
Lagos is a reference point for the whole of Nigeria. Small time na so all Nigeria go be, Yoruba man governing Anambra, Igala man governing Katsina, Urhobo man governing Oyo, Hausa Man governing Bayelsa, etc.
If yorubas can invest half of what igbos have invested in any Igbo state ...they can win governorship ... igbos don't do that tribal rubbish

We voted Fulani man mayor of enugu ...we vote eyo ita leader even tho he bleeped up

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Igbo Lawmaker In Lagos Assembly Emerges Igbo Apex Leader by abu12: 12:52pm On May 15, 2020
also want them to know that nothing goes for nothing. They should obey the laws of the land because we are strangers in the land and we do not argue with the fact. We also have to thank our in-law the Yoruba who are very accommodating.

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Lawmaker In Lagos Assembly Emerges Igbo Apex Leader by StubbornGENIUS: 12:52pm On May 15, 2020
abeg wetin you de yarn?
Re: Igbo Lawmaker In Lagos Assembly Emerges Igbo Apex Leader by abu12: 12:59pm On May 15, 2020
BabaRamota1980:

the man even advised IBO to respect the law of the land, that they are only strangers in Lagos. the man is intelligent

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Lawmaker In Lagos Assembly Emerges Igbo Apex Leader by Christistruth00: 1:07pm On May 15, 2020
Igbochief001:

If yorubas can invest half of what igbos have invested in any Igbo state ...they can win governorship ... igbos don't do that tribal rubbish

We voted Fulani man mayor of enugu ...we vote eyo ita leader even tho he bleeped up

You forgot to mention that Alhaji Umoru Altine the 1st Mayor of Enugu had his house in Enugu burnt to the ground by an irate mob after the Northern Coup in 1966 and his family were lucky to escape with their lives. The attackers didn't even care that his wife was Igbo.

3 Likes

Re: Igbo Lawmaker In Lagos Assembly Emerges Igbo Apex Leader by Nobody: 1:08pm On May 15, 2020
Christistruth00:

You forgot to mention that Alhaji Umoru Altine's the 1 st Mayor of Enugu's had his house in Enugu burnt to the ground after the Northern Coup in 1966.
What happened before that happened ....you yorubas like to pick a story from where it favours you

Did fulanis not kill igbos first before that happened ?

1 Like

Re: Igbo Lawmaker In Lagos Assembly Emerges Igbo Apex Leader by Christistruth00: 1:13pm On May 15, 2020
Igbochief001:

What happened before that happened ....you yorubas like to pick a story from where it favours you

Did fulanis not kill igbos first before that happened ?

God bless you for knowing it is wrong to just pick the part of the Story that favours any group. For Education purposes the whole truth must always be told.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Lawmaker In Lagos Assembly Emerges Igbo Apex Leader by MightySparrow: 1:13pm On May 15, 2020
Davash222:

This kind bad mouth provokes area boys and omo - onile to attack innocent sensible igbos. You won't learn from South Africa killings

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Lawmaker In Lagos Assembly Emerges Igbo Apex Leader by Racoon(m): 1:15pm On May 15, 2020
So what become of the commissioner of gutter cleaning- Joe Igbokwe?
Re: Igbo Lawmaker In Lagos Assembly Emerges Igbo Apex Leader by honeyB2018: 1:17pm On May 15, 2020
abu12:

the man even advised IBO to respect the law of the land, that they are only strangers in Lagos. the man is intelligent

Which laws of the land have the Igbos in Lagos state and other parts of Southwest been contravening before?
Is it in traditional institution, land matters, marriage or what. Just name one
Political contest is a constitutional issue, which guarantees citizens, the right to vote and be voted for.
Any where in Nigeria, the Igbos have been very law abiding and peaceful with their host. They are not land grabbers. They buy their lands from the land family owners or. Omonile. So that advise is after thought.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Kemi Olunloyo Begging For Followers On Twitter / The North Are Quiet To What Is Happening. / Breaking News: Shutting Down Internet Will Reduce CriminalityTo The Bearest Mini

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.