Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,614 members, 7,809,250 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:43 AM

FG Frowns As States Reopen Mosques, Churches - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / FG Frowns As States Reopen Mosques, Churches (59520 Views)

Mosques, Churches In Lagos To Reopen From June 19 – Sanwo-olu . / Ghana Asks Mosques, Churches To Hush Up, Issue Call To Prayer By Whatsapp Instea / Churches And Mosques To Pay Tax In Lagos; Land Use Charge To Be Reviewed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Frowns As States Reopen Mosques, Churches by Nobody: 1:02am On May 16, 2020
senatordave1:

Why are you like this? It seems you are islamophobic and anti highly tribalistic.this hateful comments will lead no where.anambra was the first state to relax religious lockdown,you didn't see that one. Abia followed suit earlier this week and just yesterday ebonyi joined.your patients that are not of your faith dey suffer oh
In those states mentioned, how many churches are situated there? The correct statement should have been...Re-opening of mosques and it would have made sense. I am never against Islam. I am against the federal government's hypocrisy. They knew if they had said only mosques are reopened, people would react and they did so because of sallah. They will surely get the reward of their disobedience. In anambra and ebonyi you mentioned, dem don dey hear am now, with the increasing number of covid-19 cases recorded. Read the newspapers for details if in doubt. We have mosques too down south but they are obedient... why are those northerners different in every area? By the time they are hit hard, they would be looking for ways of escape down south, as if we are as disobedient as they are over there
Re: FG Frowns As States Reopen Mosques, Churches by senatordave1(m): 1:08am On May 16, 2020
fairfora:
In those states mentioned, how many churches are situated there? The correct statement should have been...Re-opening of mosques and it would have made sense. I am never against Islam. I am against the federal government's hypocrisy. They knew if they had said only mosques are reopened, people would react and they did so because of sallah. They will surely get the reward of their disobedience. In anambra and ebonyi you mentioned, dem don dey hear am now, with the increasing number of covid-19 cases recorded. Read the newspapers for details if in doubt. We have mosques too down south but they are obedient... why are those northerners different in every area? By the time they are hit hard, they would be looking for ways of escape down south, as if we are as disobedient as they are over there

Oga,the mischief is from the newspaper outlet.they focused on the north forgetting that the southern states have already reopened churches and I thought you will figure this out.
So,you either attack both northerners and southerners or leave the matter.whatever obtains up north is also here
Re: FG Frowns As States Reopen Mosques, Churches by topatee: 1:18am On May 16, 2020
I wonder if majority of people on this forum actually lives in Nigeria, We are so insensitive to the plight of an average Nigeria who bears the burden of bad leadership at all levels in this country, yesterday I was discussing with a private school teacher who narrated his sad experience with this COVID era, for the past two months he has not being paid a dime, because children were not in school and as such, no money from parents so proprietor could not pay salary, why? some parents were still owing. Yet some people want lockdown to continue.
From all the senseless lockdown we have had so far what have we achieved?
The whole world is opening up their economy to prevent total collapse and someone is still saying lockdown should continue, maybe because you can afford to stay indoors forever, but do you know your level of hypocrisy? The very food you buy when this *****" ease lockdown, where do they come from?
When crime rates surge some of us will blame security operatives not remembering that our small ****** contributions is part of the fuelling factor.
Before you make next contribution, ask yourself, how are Nigerians who survives on daily pay have been coping
Re: FG Frowns As States Reopen Mosques, Churches by suremanpatriot: 1:40am On May 16, 2020
STATE GOVT THAT FEAR GOD PLS OPEN WIDE ALL CHURCHES FOR PRAYERS TO START FENDING OFF COVID19.

Mr govenor mr minister stop wasting time and stop wasting lives,YOUR WHITEMAN IS DIEING iN THOUSSNDS, HE HAS NO SOLUTION TO COVID 19.
AND LETS GET COVID ORGANIC TO TREAT MILLIONS OF COVID ahead IN AFRICA.THANK GOD FOR MADAGASCA.
Stop using frontline media to promote bad news,because frontline media thrive on exaggeration and bad news.
Re: FG Frowns As States Reopen Mosques, Churches by OVB123: 3:09am On May 16, 2020
Since scientist has failed to provane solution(s) to the epandemic, this is the tym for us to come to God in prayers, so that he wil delivered from this affliction. Remember his word says, "many are d affliction of the righteous but God delivered them all at of it.
Re: FG Frowns As States Reopen Mosques, Churches by oluogbon0000(m): 3:35am On May 16, 2020
so very unfortunate too much of politics there will be more increase if worship centers remain locked
Re: FG Frowns As States Reopen Mosques, Churches by delvzy(m): 4:26am On May 16, 2020
Sounds like relief is back but I feel for the states that really brought about the opening of religious centers all of a sudden are too quick to react.
Who said you can not commune with God personally and intercede for your fellow brethren.
Sick of these so called hypocrisy in our religious establishment.
We need to strive for a healthy church which in literary send have to contain healthy individuals.
Religious leaders should really be wise and stop influencing this.
Get closer to Almighty God should be paramount better than ever.
Re: FG Frowns As States Reopen Mosques, Churches by OgogoroFreak(m): 4:38am On May 16, 2020
Omihanifa:
Don't know why some governor are very irresponsible angry just because they want to score cheap points they are easing lockdown ( opening churches and mosques) when yawa gas now they will be running to Abuja

God is everywhere people can pray and get answers at home grin it's not until they go to church or mosque

Some of these governor that don't believe covid19 exist is because one of their colleagues never die of the infection sad
Well, at least they know their men of God is just an ordinary man like them when he catches Coronavirus.
Re: FG Frowns As States Reopen Mosques, Churches by Aliyumichika(m): 4:49am On May 16, 2020
FlordFlorez:
Are there really churches in those states? Well, northerners and mosques cann't be separated. They even try for the few weeks they have been separated.
how wil person like you know weather there are churches in northern states or not,afterall ure always indoor,go to states like sokoto,Adamawa,Bauchi,kaduna,plateau etc and see,there are plenty churches there.
Re: FG Frowns As States Reopen Mosques, Churches by Aliyumichika(m): 4:49am On May 16, 2020
FlordFlorez:
Are there really churches in those states? Well, northerners and mosques cann't be separated. They even try for the few weeks they have been separated.
Re: FG Frowns As States Reopen Mosques, Churches by Aliyumichika(m): 4:53am On May 16, 2020
[quote author=Aliyumichika post=89597554][/quote] Hmmmm.
Re: FG Frowns As States Reopen Mosques, Churches by southpole: 5:31am On May 16, 2020
FlordFlorez:
Try and always move out of your village to explore other areas. To answer your questions there are thousands of churches in the North.
Re: FG Frowns As States Reopen Mosques, Churches by elasticlala: 5:35am On May 16, 2020
EdoBoyJazzie:
Is Buhari still the president?

He was never the president. Nigeria doesn't even look like a country that has a president.

1 Like

Re: FG Frowns As States Reopen Mosques, Churches by FlordFlorez(m): 5:44am On May 16, 2020
Aliyumichika:

how wil person like you know weather there are churches in northern states or not,afterall ure always indoor,go to states like sokoto,Adamawa,Bauchi,kaduna,plateau etc and see,there are plenty churches there.
which one is "how wil person like you" and "afterall ure always indoor". Oga for ur info, i have been to 15 states (including 3 north-central states) plus the FCT in this country. NE & NW is a no go area because of their hostility. Dnt come and be telling me pe am always indoor.
Re: FG Frowns As States Reopen Mosques, Churches by FlordFlorez(m): 5:46am On May 16, 2020
fairfora:
Na today our govt dey lie? They should have said mosques were re-opened instead of involving churches. It's a deliberate move ahead of sallah celebration. Those northerners no dey hear word
i swear.
Re: FG Frowns As States Reopen Mosques, Churches by galadima77(m): 5:50am On May 16, 2020
SpecialAgent:
If we don't stop this lockdown, d country might slip into depression straight. We don't have as much money as the western world & despite the meagre amount, 80% of it gets embezzled. Lockdown is not Africa

Enough of this Scamdemic before our internal economy collapses

The only reasonable post as far as I'm concerned

1 Like

Re: FG Frowns As States Reopen Mosques, Churches by Banter1(m): 6:30am On May 16, 2020
Omihanifa:
Don't know why some governor are very irresponsible angry just because they want to score cheap points they are easing lockdown ( opening churches and mosques) when yawa gas now they will be running to Abuja

God is everywhere people can pray and get answers at home grin it's not until they go to church or mosque

Some of these governor that don't believe covid19 exist is because one of their colleagues never die of the infection sad
How are they irresponsible? just because you can eat three square meal a day, doesn't mean everybody can do the same. you can't lock people in their houses and not feed them. A time will come nobody gonna obey this nonsense lockdown. even the security forces are tired already. Do you know how much some of this governors are making from this SCAMDEMIC? (Pandemic) You're just wicked.

2 Likes

Re: FG Frowns As States Reopen Mosques, Churches by Nobody: 6:56am On May 16, 2020
HappyPagan:

Whether God is nowhere or everywhere, faith is by definition irrational.

Staying at home, speaking with God alone, everyday, might cause madness..you might start hearing voices, or worse, see Jesus appear in your room.

With church or mosque, the meeting with God becomes less personal. In a group, the gift of imagination is heated up as though thrown in a furnace. Emotions can be more powerful, and that's addictive.

Most Nigerians have lived under a failed government. Despite the failed promises, religion has thrived because God is always in control.. No one can hold God responsible for any disaster, only the good times. The devil does bad things. God is good.... He will do what he says he will do.

They have been fed religion their whole life, the Quran and Bible has taught them all the history they know. The walls of their minds are painted by the words of foreigners who lived ages ago
The Bible and Quran are the lens through which they view the world - through the eyes of cavemen who lived and died centuries ago.

So when a modern virus comes into their natural world, they really do not care. If they die, thank God. If they survive, praise God.

It's the reason our politicians are all religious Muslims and Christians. It's why even the most remote LGAs have a church or mosque built by their representatives. God is everything in Nigeria. And if you can link your people to him, you don't need anyone to hold you accountable. God is responsible for everything - Jesus becomes savior and delivered from all the evil your failings produce.

The opium lasts as long as it is administered regularly... Turning off this opium will introduce doubt and chaos into the system... And no one really wants that.

...typing craps as usual. Must you always display your ignorance?
If you like to serve and worship the devil or demons, it's up to you. We all have the right to join any religion or gathering of our choice. I don't think anybody needs your input to pray or serve their gods.
Religion is the thing of the mind. ....why wasting your precious time writing craps and irrational comments. This doesn't change anything. And if you think it can make any significant changes, continue debasing other religions with your comments, ..... Sooner than later, you will meet your disaster.
Omo Aale

2 Likes

Re: FG Frowns As States Reopen Mosques, Churches by alphaNomega: 6:57am On May 16, 2020
Nigeria is a good demographic to test the effect of herd immunity in curbing this pandemic.

Let the games begin
Re: FG Frowns As States Reopen Mosques, Churches by HappyPagan: 7:20am On May 16, 2020
Gforce2015:

.... Sooner than later, you will meet your disaster.
Omo Aale
Hope you have recovered the money from the account of your late sister. Accept my condolences, and I wish you well.

1 Like

Re: FG Frowns As States Reopen Mosques, Churches by Masterbrave: 7:20am On May 16, 2020
I am sure AKWA IBOM STATE WON'T BE LEFT OUT ....... it's our longitude
I am sure AKWA IBOM STATE WON'T BE LEFT OUT ....... it's our longitude
Re: FG Frowns As States Reopen Mosques, Churches by Jimmyubah2: 7:27am On May 16, 2020
Hahaha they reopened mosque and church cus they didn't get a dime from the Federal Govt to fight covid-19 as earlier expected.
I repeat, covid-19 index cases in most states are fake.
Suspend lock down indefinitely let's go back to our normal life.
Even the Federal Govt is not sincere in the fight against covid-19. PTF on covid-19 making money for themselves.
Re: FG Frowns As States Reopen Mosques, Churches by Christmasdon(m): 7:28am On May 16, 2020
MY BROTHERS AND SISTERS PLEASE STAY SAFE AND STAY HOME O. PLEASE REMEMBER ANYONE WHO IS DEAD IS DEAD O. THERE IS STILL MUCH DAYS AHEAD.
Re: FG Frowns As States Reopen Mosques, Churches by Jimmyubah2: 7:30am On May 16, 2020
Banter1:
How are they irresponsible? just because you can eat three square meal a day, doesn't mean everybody can do the same. you can't lock people in their houses and not feed them. A time will come nobody gonna obey this nonsense lockdown. even the security forces are tired already. Do you know how much some of this governors are making from this SCAMDEMIC? (Pandemic) You're just wicked.
Nothing like covid-19 in Nigeria.
Our govt is using it to cash out.
SCAMDEMIC, I love that coined word.

2 Likes

Re: FG Frowns As States Reopen Mosques, Churches by Jimmyubah2: 7:34am On May 16, 2020
Christmasdon:
MY BROTHERS AND SISTERS PLEASE STAY SAFE AND STAY HOME O. PLEASE REMEMBER ANYONE WHO IS DEAD IS DEAD O. THERE IS STILL MUCH DAYS AHEAD.
Covid-19 is too fake in naija.
Re: FG Frowns As States Reopen Mosques, Churches by Nobody: 7:55am On May 16, 2020
HappyPagan:

Hope you have recovered the money from the account of your late sister. Accept my condolences, and I wish you well.

How does that affect your destiny? Devil's tool
Re: FG Frowns As States Reopen Mosques, Churches by Ezmans: 8:08am On May 16, 2020
NwaNimo1:
Corona is 'tactically' defeated.....Praise the lord well this Sunday!

(and don't forget to bring your wallet......) grin

[img]https://media./images/c90d998ac94f5cd4ebed266173967294/tenor.gif[/img]
And lazy yuroba civil servants are using there Twitter supporting another lockdown so they can sleep indoors & collect salary

1 Like

Re: FG Frowns As States Reopen Mosques, Churches by bayelsaowei(m): 8:35am On May 16, 2020
masterP042:
Religion has really done us bad in this country. Religion thrives mostly due to ignorance, poverty and idleness.
Upon say na we poor pass, our economy is not moving well, how come our leaders are more concerned with opening churches. Why are we not working on how to resume jobs, open schools, ease the hunger and make the economy robust.
I think the reason is quite obvious, religion is a tool for subjugation, if the people are freed from it, they will ask more questions and demand more from these leaders. But for our leaders not to feel the heat, they have to open the churches and mosques, so that we keep asking the Imaginary God, all the questions we are supposed to demand from our leaders and govt
youre correct
Re: FG Frowns As States Reopen Mosques, Churches by Spain007(m): 8:42am On May 16, 2020
Judolisco:
Where is our president.... Arbi which kind country bdis... Nxt week d bros will come out with another script written for him angry

Let's thanks God that someone writes scripts for him,imagine coming on air without any script written for him..
Serious wahala go dey...
Re: FG Frowns As States Reopen Mosques, Churches by Icechillz(m): 8:48am On May 16, 2020
ibkayee:
Irresponsible
You are
Re: FG Frowns As States Reopen Mosques, Churches by AreaFada2: 9:11am On May 16, 2020
topatee:
I wonder if majority of people on this forum actually lives in Nigeria, We are so insensitive to the plight of an average Nigeria who bears the burden of bad leadership at all levels in this country, yesterday I was discussing with a private school teacher who narrated his sad experience with this COVID era, for the past two months he has not being paid a dime, because children were not in school and as such, no money from parents so proprietor could not pay salary, why? some parents were still owing. Yet some people want lockdown to continue.
From all the senseless lockdown we have had so far what have we achieved?
The whole world is opening up their economy to prevent total collapse and someone is still saying lockdown should continue, maybe because you can afford to stay indoors forever, but do you know your level of hypocrisy? The very food you buy when this *****" ease lockdown, where do they come from?
When crime rates surge some of us will blame security operatives not remembering that our small ****** contributions is part of the fuelling factor.
Before you make next contribution, ask yourself, how are Nigerians who survives on daily pay have been coping
I know a teacher not paid since November. Way before Coro. It is the system that has failed. Serious countries are subsidising wages, even of private sector workers as they sit at home on lockdown.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Pastor Adeboye: Why God Stopped Talking To Me / Adeboye: I Will Build A Church As Big As Ibadan Before I Die / Isaac Amata: "Hillary Clinton Will Win US Presidential Election"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.