Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,804 members, 7,810,096 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:39 PM

Can a Youtuber Make It In Nigeria? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Can a Youtuber Make It In Nigeria? (351 Views)

How Old Were You Jobless, Staying At Home And How Did You Make It? / Life As A Youtuber / "Only Nigerian Bosses Make It Seem Okay For You To Work On Weekends" - Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can a Youtuber Make It In Nigeria? by Juliette3Ken(f): 11:24am On May 16, 2020
I have realized that there are less YouTubers in Nigeria. Those who make it in YouTube here are Celebrities. Is there a way one can make it in youtubing despite not being a celebrity? Why do other countries make it easily and not us?
Re: Can a Youtuber Make It In Nigeria? by Juliette3Ken(f): 11:32am On May 16, 2020
I really need an answer because I am confused on why it is really difficult here
Re: Can a Youtuber Make It In Nigeria? by TheSourcerer: 11:36am On May 16, 2020
Depends on content and Location makes it difficult to get veiws , for some Reason people prefer watching their white counterparts

And for your question of course you can make it as a YouTuber in Nigeria , there's this travel guide guy , who is really popular , hundreds of thousands of veiws . It's not easy but definitely feasible

1 Like

Re: Can a Youtuber Make It In Nigeria? by TheSourcerer: 11:37am On May 16, 2020
Tbh Nigerian YouTubers on average are boring and hard to look at for 10mims straight

1 Like

Re: Can a Youtuber Make It In Nigeria? by Caramelskin(f): 11:53am On May 16, 2020
The only way you can make it on YouTube without having any source of audience is to make videos around the entertainment niche or comedy (but the niche is risky). Most of the popular Nigerians on YouTube either have a fanbase on Instagram (Taooma, brother shaggi etc) Facebook, Twitter or they are celebrities.

I have been on YouTube for the past 2 years and I can tell you that it takes patience, consistency and hardwork to make something out of it. Most of the niche are saturated (hair, diy, vlogs etc) and getting ranked via SEO is no joke. The struggle continues after getting monetized because you get low pay per views.

If you want to start your channel, I’ll advice you to be:
1. Be patient
2. Stick to one niche
3. Do what you love doing, else you will run out of content to create. (It’s good to be talented or unique if you want to make it on YouTube)
4. Do not use other people’s content, you might get a strike. YouTube don’t joke with copyright.
5. Check out
-Itunu pepper on YouTube, she is a Nigerian and make music cover videos ( tho the niche is not profitable).
-Presh okosi, she makes dance video and tutorial. She is partly ghanian and Nigerian.
-Sisi yemmie tv too, she creates videos about food. You can also check out bilikis signature (Contents on fashion)

cc Juliette3ken
cc thesourcerer
Re: Can a Youtuber Make It In Nigeria? by Juliette3Ken(f): 3:10pm On May 16, 2020
Thanks for the response guys.
I just feel YouTubing in Nigeria is based on a particular Genre like comedy, movies, musical videos and rarely sports. Anyone doing reaction videos or Reality shows, or gaming are just so rare to find and no one wants to watch anyone that has started it. Foreigners do too well in those genre. grin
Re: Can a Youtuber Make It In Nigeria? by Juliette3Ken(f): 3:12pm On May 16, 2020
Caramelskin:
I’ll be back to give you some tips

Please do smiley
Re: Can a Youtuber Make It In Nigeria? by TheSourcerer: 3:20pm On May 16, 2020
Juliette3Ken:

Please do smiley
following so I know when you post not you haha , her .
Re: Can a Youtuber Make It In Nigeria? by Juliette3Ken(f): 7:53am On May 17, 2020
Caramelskin:
The only way you can make it on YouTube without having any source of audience is to make videos around the entertainment niche or comedy (but the niche is risky). Most of the popular Nigerians on YouTube either have a fanbase on Instagram (Taooma, brother shaggi etc) Facebook, Twitter or they are celebrities.

I have been on YouTube for the past 2 years and I can tell you that it takes patience, consistency and hardwork to make something out of it. Most of the niche are saturated (hair, diy, vlogs etc) and getting ranked via SEO is no joke. The struggle continues after getting monetized because you get low pay per views.

If you want to start your channel, I’ll advice you to be:
1. Be patient
2. Stick to one niche
3. Do what you love doing, else you will run out of content to create. (It’s good to be talented or unique if you want to make it on YouTube)
4. Do not use other people’s content, you might get a strike. YouTube don’t joke with copyright.
5. Check out
-Itunu pepper on YouTube, she is a Nigerian and make music cover videos ( tho the niche is not profitable).
-Presh okosi, she makes dance video and tutorial. She is partly ghanian and Nigerian.
-Sisi yemmie tv too, she creates videos about food. You can also check out bilikis signature (Contents on fashion)

cc Juliette3ken
cc thesourcerer

Thanks for the response sir. This really makes so much sense and I really appreciate this alot. It's true one needs so much patience on YouTube because one can certainly discourage oneself. Thanks for this.

2 Likes

Re: Can a Youtuber Make It In Nigeria? by TheSourcerer: 8:43am On May 17, 2020
Juliette3Ken:

Thanks for the response sir. This really makes so much sense and I really appreciate this alot. It's true one needs so much patience on YouTube because one can certainly discourage oneself. Thanks for this.
thanks Darling , and I think she's a she though

(1) (Reply)

Your Career Upgrade: Get Certified In Scrum Master. Huge Discount / How To Get Highly Paid Career Jobs: Oil & Gas Sector(the Guarded Secrets Global) / Nigerian Selected For UN Woman Police Officer Of The Year Award

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.