Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,268 members, 7,829,581 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:03 AM

Death Of Woman Hit By A Pestle Sparks Protest In Ekiti - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Death Of Woman Hit By A Pestle Sparks Protest In Ekiti (2367 Views)

Gunmen Kill Pregnant Woman In Kwara, Kidnap Her Husband, Sparks Protest / Fulani Herdsmen Accused Of Raping & Killing A Lady In Edo. Sparks Protest(Photo) / Robbers Who Operate With A Pestle Arrested In Ogun (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Death Of Woman Hit By A Pestle Sparks Protest In Ekiti by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:36pm On May 16, 2020
Death Of Woman Hit By A Pestle Sparks Protest In Ekiti
By Ayodele Afolabi, Ado Ekiti
15 May 2020 | 2:53 am

A woman, Sefiat Useni, who lived at Oketoro area of Iyin-Ekiti in Irepodun/Ifelodun local government area of Ekiti State, was gruesomely murdered in her room in a mysterious circumstance at midnight on Wednesday, which has sparked protests.

It was learnt that the deceased, a ‘ponmo’ seller who lived alone, was hit on the head with a pestle and she died on her bed. It was further revealed that her body and the room where she was murdered were drenched with blood as a result of the severe head injury she sustained.

The death caused violent protest on Wednesday at Iyin, as Ebira people and the deceased kinsmen demanded that a man arrested in connection with the murder should be handed over to them for possible jungle justice.

The Police Public Relations Officer, Ekiti command, Mr. Sunday Abutu, said the cause of the death is being thoroughly investigated. “We have arrested a suspect in respect of this murder and he is being detained at the CID section,” he said.

Meanwhile, an okada rider and a passenger he was carrying, whose identities have not been ascertained, were yesterday killed by a running vehicle in Ado-Ekiti, the state capital. The accident occurred under the flyover located between Okesa and Fajuyi park.

Police spokesman, Abutu, who confirmed the incident to reporters, said the accident occurred at the junction linking the old governor’s office, Okeyinmi and stadium road. He said a Toyota Camry car had at that spot rammed into a commercial motorcycle and overran it, leading to the driver and passenger’s death.

Abutu disclosed that the passenger died on the spot while the motorcyclist died while receiving treatment at the accident and emergency section of the Ekiti State University Teaching Hospital (EKSUTH).

“We are still investigating the cause of the accident and we charge road users to always exercise caution and watch their actions while driving or riding on highways.”

https://guardian.ng/news/death-of-woman-hit-by-a-pestle-sparks-protests-in-ekiti/

1 Share

Re: Death Of Woman Hit By A Pestle Sparks Protest In Ekiti by serverconnect(m): 3:39pm On May 16, 2020
Chai, it is so painful. Human life just be wasted.
Re: Death Of Woman Hit By A Pestle Sparks Protest In Ekiti by textilemania(m): 3:40pm On May 16, 2020
What a way to die! cry

Pestle? sad
Re: Death Of Woman Hit By A Pestle Sparks Protest In Ekiti by Davash222(m): 3:41pm On May 16, 2020
Someone hit her with a Pestle..a pestle didn't hit her.
Re: Death Of Woman Hit By A Pestle Sparks Protest In Ekiti by textilemania(m): 3:42pm On May 16, 2020
serverconnect:
[s]Nigeria Police just killing people like fowl[/s]

When your parent send you to school, na PlayStation shop you always lodge.

Now see the consequence! undecided angry
Re: Death Of Woman Hit By A Pestle Sparks Protest In Ekiti by Gracefulhope: 3:45pm On May 16, 2020
sad
Re: Death Of Woman Hit By A Pestle Sparks Protest In Ekiti by serverconnect(m): 3:52pm On May 16, 2020
textilemania:

Hmm just modified. Did not read.
Re: Death Of Woman Hit By A Pestle Sparks Protest In Ekiti by Makavelli25: 4:03pm On May 16, 2020
Click link in my signature to start earning data,airtime and at least 5k everyday
Re: Death Of Woman Hit By A Pestle Sparks Protest In Ekiti by Godfullsam(m): 4:19pm On May 16, 2020
Some people are just too wicked to be human.

I can't even kill a chicken talk more of human being.
Re: Death Of Woman Hit By A Pestle Sparks Protest In Ekiti by illicit(m): 6:15pm On May 16, 2020
Gruesome
Re: Death Of Woman Hit By A Pestle Sparks Protest In Ekiti by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:41am On May 18, 2020
serverconnect:

Chai, it is so painful. Human life just be wasted.

I learnt that it was a ritualist who was responsible for the cold blood letting and that it was a little girl who survived the ordeal who lived to tell the story that got the culprit arrested.
Re: Death Of Woman Hit By A Pestle Sparks Protest In Ekiti by Nobody: 8:03am On May 18, 2020
A
Re: Death Of Woman Hit By A Pestle Sparks Protest In Ekiti by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:37pm On May 19, 2020
OLAADEGBU:

https://guardian.ng/news/death-of-woman-hit-by-a-pestle-sparks-protests-in-ekiti/

I learnt that it was a ritualist who was responsible for the cold blood letting and that it was a little girl who survived the ordeal who lived to tell the story that got the culprit arrested.

More investigations reaching us says that the culprit (Ritualist) moved from Awo Ekiti to Iyin Ekiti and lodged in the Oke-toro area before moving to the Oke-lawe community.

It has been said that about 3 people have fallen prey to this evil ritualists and his modus operandi was to strike at night on single vulnerable victims with a pestle. He carefully removes the window frames and strikes them with a pestle while they are asleep. He then scoops their blood for purposes best known to him. Investigations are still on going.
Re: Death Of Woman Hit By A Pestle Sparks Protest In Ekiti by Lyydia(f): 4:07pm On May 19, 2020
sad how some people are able to sleep at night after doing evils during d day baffles me
Re: Death Of Woman Hit By A Pestle Sparks Protest In Ekiti by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:45pm On May 20, 2020
textilemania:

What a way to die! cry

Pestle? sad

I believe it was a ritualist way of murdering their victims. It was said that there had been about 3 deaths with this same method before the yahoo, yahoo man got caught.
Re: Death Of Woman Hit By A Pestle Sparks Protest In Ekiti by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:51am On May 21, 2020
Davash222:

Someone hit her with a Pestle..a pestle didn't hit her.

It is said he does this at the dead of the night when his victims are asleep. cry
Re: Death Of Woman Hit By A Pestle Sparks Protest In Ekiti by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:23pm On May 21, 2020
textilemania:

That was the consequence of jumping into conclusions which is the only exercise some people engage in during this lockdown. cheesy
Re: Death Of Woman Hit By A Pestle Sparks Protest In Ekiti by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:49pm On May 23, 2020
Gracefulhope:

sad

It is really sad. cry

Re: Death Of Woman Hit By A Pestle Sparks Protest In Ekiti by Gracefulhope: 9:28pm On May 23, 2020
OLAADEGBU:

It is really sad. cry
Honestly cry
Re: Death Of Woman Hit By A Pestle Sparks Protest In Ekiti by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:33pm On May 24, 2020
serverconnect:

Hmm just modified. Did not read.

Have you read the updates? undecided
Re: Death Of Woman Hit By A Pestle Sparks Protest In Ekiti by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:23pm On May 26, 2020
Makavelli25:
Click link in my signature to start earning data,airtime and at least 5k everyday

Re: Death Of Woman Hit By A Pestle Sparks Protest In Ekiti by dangotesmummy: 4:28pm On May 26, 2020
Reprehensible people

Re: Death Of Woman Hit By A Pestle Sparks Protest In Ekiti by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:17pm On May 27, 2020
Godfullsam:

Some people are just too wicked to be human.

I can't even kill a chicken talk more of human being.

Covetousness and the love of money will make anybody to do evil. The love of money is the root of evil.
Re: Death Of Woman Hit By A Pestle Sparks Protest In Ekiti by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:51pm On Jun 03, 2020
illicit:

Gruesome

That is an understatement.
Re: Death Of Woman Hit By A Pestle Sparks Protest In Ekiti by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:24pm On Jun 08, 2020
Spysees:

A

Were you about to say something? cool
Re: Death Of Woman Hit By A Pestle Sparks Protest In Ekiti by Nobody: 3:51pm On Jun 08, 2020
OLAADEGBU:

Were you about to say something? cool
Lol... Mind me not man. I booked a space & unfortunately, somethin' else got my attention....
Re: Death Of Woman Hit By A Pestle Sparks Protest In Ekiti by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:41pm On Jun 10, 2020
Spysees:

Lol... Mind me not man. I booked a space & unfortunately, somethin' else got my attention....

Now that we've got your attention back, have you got any comment to make on this thread? cheesy

(1) (Reply)

Wicked World: Three Boys Caught Cooking Fresh Head Of Girlfriend In Local Pot (v / Men Wearing Father Christmas Attires Spotted Praying At A Mosque (pics/video) / Bizarre:- Chinese Man Caught Eating Another Man On The Train.(photo+video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.