Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,735 members, 7,817,018 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:08 PM

Akpabio Is A Common Thief, He Sacked Me For Refusing To Be Initiated –dr. Nunieh - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Akpabio Is A Common Thief, He Sacked Me For Refusing To Be Initiated –dr. Nunieh (2383 Views)

Joi Nunieh: I Slapped Akpabio For Sexually Harassing Me / Akpabio To Joy Nunieh: 'You Married 4 Husbands' / Thugs Attempt To Stop Joy Nunieh From Exposing Akpabio (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Akpabio Is A Common Thief, He Sacked Me For Refusing To Be Initiated –dr. Nunieh by themomentng: 3:47pm On May 16, 2020
The former acting managing director of Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC), Dr. Gbene Joy Nunieh, who was sacked recently, has blown hot over her dismissal by the minister for Niger Delta, Senator Godswill Akpabio. According to her, the minister deceived members of the public with the reason given for her sack from the office.

Nunieh was recently sacked over issues bothering on alleged sharp practices and unverified contracts payment running into billions of naira.

But the former NDDC boss debunked the allegation leveled against her by Akpabio in an interview.

She described the Niger Delta minister as a pathological liar.

According to her, Senator Akpabio wanted to compel her to swear to an oath of secrecy and loyalty.

The ex-Ag NDDC managing director alleged that in one of their peace meetings in Abuja, Senator Akpabio, as part of his conditions for peace, wanted her to accept the oath of secrecy and loyalty in the presence of other members, adding that she turned down the request as it was against her Christian faith.

She said that the minister sacked her due to her refusal to go for the oath ritual and again due to her blunt refusal to approve unusual payments for his numerous contracts without verification from Akwa Ibom State and his other loyal contractors.

She revealed in the interview that Akpabio could not tell the press that she was sacked due to sharp practices in NDDC as acting managing director, adding that she left billions of naira in office as at the time she left.

Dr. Joy added that Akpabio wanted her to divert NDDC funds to sponsor his presidential ambition in 2023, which she said she also refused.

She said that her sins against Akpabio was her refusal to take an oath of secrecy and pay his phoney Akwa Ibom contractors.

She said further that she turned down Akpabio’s request to sponsor his 2023 presidential ambition with the common wealth of the people of Niger Delta, which she said is meant to carry out developmental projects in the oil-producing, but suffering communities.

She said that she could not join Akpabio to steal the money of Niger Delta people as she is the highest traditional title holder in Ogoniland in Rivers State, and that she could not please Akpabio and offend the Almighty God.

The woman recalled that there was a reason she was the only survivor in a boat mishap, where all the other nine occupants died.

She vowed to open up at the right time to tell Nigerians many things about Akpabio and NDDC generally.

Dr. Joy Nunieh’s words: “Thank you my brother, you said you are a journalist and you said Akpabio opened his mouth to tell you that he sacked me from office because I was paying unverified contracts money running into billions of naira. I don’t believe Akpabio can tell you that lie. If he did, then, he is a pathological liar. Did you put him on record?

”I will just give you a brief as I will speak at the right time. Let me today tell the world why Akpabio sacked me because he has been pushing me to open up.

“Akpabio wanted to compel me to swear to an oath of secrecy and loyalty in the presence of other two top NDDC male officials.

“He tried to do that on about three consecutive times and I looked at his face and bluntly told him no, that the God I serve is bigger than his secret oath.

“A secret oath to allow him loot the money belonging to the people of Niger Delta and I refused his request.

“Akpabio wanted me to sponsor his presidential ambition in 2023 with the money meant for the development of Niger Delta, which I bluntly refused. These are some of my offences against Akpabio. I don’t regret standing on the path of my people.

”Akpabio is a common thief, he lied to you that I was sacked because of sharp practices. He stole the common wealth of Niger Delta people. Let Akpabio face his probe and leave me alone. He wanted to drag innocent people to fall with him. I refused to join him on his oath of secrecy to cover him by signing fake contract documents.

“That is the sole reason he sacked me. He was also saying that I am not a lawyer. He also boasted that I came to Abuja to beg him. Are you recording? Listen, since he sacked me from my job, I have not travelled out of Port-Harcourt.

“This common mouthy criminal said I travelled to Abuja to beg him. Akpabio is a pathological liar. He has been running a campaign of calumny to discredit or tarnish my hard earned reputation.

“I serve God and no amount of calumny will do me any harm. Let me use this privilege to tell Nigerians and the Inspector General of Police that from this moment, if any fly perches on my skin and causes any physical damage to my skin and my immediate family members, Senator Godswill should be held responsible.

“I know why I am saying this because Akpabio is a dubious character, who is morally unfit to hold any sensitive public office in the country.

”I am highest traditional title holder in Ogoniland. I cannot steal from Niger Delta. I am an activist. Akpabio is benefitting from what he didn’t know how it came about.

‘He didn’t know how NDDC was established. There is a reason I was the only survivor of a boat mishap with nine occupants. My God is stronger than the gods of Akpabio.

“He will certainly perish. He will not have peace in his entire life,” she said.

However, Godswill Akpabio, in an interview, stated why he sacked Dr. Joy Nunieh. His words ”I sacked her because she did not perform up to expectation by paying unverified contracts money running to billions of naira.

“Majority of the contracts are water hyacinth distilling. Some are without due process. She was bringing embarrassment to the commission, which I am bent on sanitizing through forensic auditing.

“Dr. Joy was not sacked because of NYSC certificate forgery as it was peddled in some media. Thank you for calling to confirm your stories before publishing.

“I will forward to you her NYSC certified true copy from the NYSC board to tell you that her sack had no bearing or connection with NYSC, but sharp practices in NDDC.”

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Akpabio Is A Common Thief, He Sacked Me For Refusing To Be Initiated –dr. Nunieh by Nobody: 5:10pm On May 16, 2020
Hmmmm... Who should we believe but if you ask me, I will believe ds woman half story because ds is not the first time a case of heavy corruption is laid on Akpabio, dat guy chopped Akwa Ibom hook line and sinker

4 Likes

Re: Akpabio Is A Common Thief, He Sacked Me For Refusing To Be Initiated –dr. Nunieh by Finnese001: 5:24pm On May 16, 2020
we know already
Re: Akpabio Is A Common Thief, He Sacked Me For Refusing To Be Initiated –dr. Nunieh by Macphenson: 5:32pm On May 16, 2020
Interesting
Re: Akpabio Is A Common Thief, He Sacked Me For Refusing To Be Initiated –dr. Nunieh by Hunchogee: 5:42pm On May 16, 2020
Let stay tune time will tell. I don't trust any body again even if she is a woman. In my very eyes a woman has lied before that she didn't have a extra marital affair with any man untill the husband brought out video clips an she start crying pleading for help. Since then I don't trust any other both gender self.
Nigerians in general can lie
Re: Akpabio Is A Common Thief, He Sacked Me For Refusing To Be Initiated –dr. Nunieh by omowolewa: 5:44pm On May 16, 2020
Okay

Now that you don't have evidence, how do we argue your good case.

1 Like

Re: Akpabio Is A Common Thief, He Sacked Me For Refusing To Be Initiated –dr. Nunieh by chinjo(m): 6:40pm On May 16, 2020
This is a known fact. That was why he ran and took cover in APC to avoid prosecution.

3 Likes

Re: Akpabio Is A Common Thief, He Sacked Me For Refusing To Be Initiated –dr. Nunieh by NwaNimo1(m): 6:42pm On May 16, 2020
I suspect both are thieves to be honest....
Re: Akpabio Is A Common Thief, He Sacked Me For Refusing To Be Initiated –dr. Nunieh by helinues: 6:42pm On May 16, 2020
Someone is probably bitter

1 Like

Re: Akpabio Is A Common Thief, He Sacked Me For Refusing To Be Initiated –dr. Nunieh by UltimatedeBest(m): 6:57pm On May 16, 2020
chinjo:
This is a known fact. That was why he ran and took cover in APC to avoid procecusion.

Get your spelling right big brother! Is "prosecution" and not procecusion. Who be ur lecturer self?
Re: Akpabio Is A Common Thief, He Sacked Me For Refusing To Be Initiated –dr. Nunieh by Afonanno: 7:11pm On May 16, 2020
This political lies am tired oo
Re: Akpabio Is A Common Thief, He Sacked Me For Refusing To Be Initiated –dr. Nunieh by chinjo(m): 7:18pm On May 16, 2020
UltimatedeBest:

Get your spelling right big brother! Is "prosecution" and not procecusion. Who be ur lecturer self?
Thanks for the correction. I really appreciate. But next time, do it with love without displaying your juvenile delinquencies.
Meanwhile for your own correction, change 'is prosecution' to 'it is or it's prosecution. Now would I be wrong if I say we had the same lecturer?

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Akpabio Is A Common Thief, He Sacked Me For Refusing To Be Initiated –dr. Nunieh by Bugatie(m): 7:24pm On May 16, 2020
Our politicians and their evil ways
Re: Akpabio Is A Common Thief, He Sacked Me For Refusing To Be Initiated –dr. Nunieh by Asgard13: 7:30pm On May 16, 2020
Akpabio presidency 2023 grin.... akpabio funny... after sucking akwaibom.. he wan come suck Nigeria grin
Re: Akpabio Is A Common Thief, He Sacked Me For Refusing To Be Initiated –dr. Nunieh by Gandollar(f): 7:37pm On May 16, 2020
This oath taking allegations against Akpabio has followed him to NDDC. I'm not surprised.

1 Like

Re: Akpabio Is A Common Thief, He Sacked Me For Refusing To Be Initiated –dr. Nunieh by Coldie(m): 7:42pm On May 16, 2020
helinues:
You sound very stup1d alot.

Boy try and grow up,it will help u
Re: Akpabio Is A Common Thief, He Sacked Me For Refusing To Be Initiated –dr. Nunieh by helinues: 7:47pm On May 16, 2020
Coldie:

You sound very stup1d alot.

Boy try and grow up,it will help u

Codine grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: Akpabio Is A Common Thief, He Sacked Me For Refusing To Be Initiated –dr. Nunieh by Coldie(m): 7:47pm On May 16, 2020
Afonanno:
This political lies am tired oo
I beleive her. This woman was doing a wonderful work in NDDC, I worked there for some time as a contract staff during her time.

During her time as NDDC acting chairman, NDDC workers became normal civil servants, living on their normal salaries as she was doing a forensic audit on the organization, threats were flying around as people wanted to assassinate her.

Me personally knowing Nigeria, I knew people like that dont last and Nigeria proved my assertions true.

There was a time in NDDC where contractor's were giving staffs free food, organizing parties for them for free, but when she started get audit and discovered thousands of projects that had been paid for In full with nothing on ground, the contractors tried to bribe her but she refused to bulge, I guess they took their moneys to akpabio

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akpabio Is A Common Thief, He Sacked Me For Refusing To Be Initiated –dr. Nunieh by Coldie(m): 7:48pm On May 16, 2020
helinues:

Codine grin cheesy
Hanus
Re: Akpabio Is A Common Thief, He Sacked Me For Refusing To Be Initiated –dr. Nunieh by bencarson007(m): 7:48pm On May 16, 2020
Akpabio nyansh wan open so o
Merely looking at this woman's face, she no get chill o and is ready for war...

These useless Niger Delta leaders are all thieves and they are being used by the Northern elites to oppress their own people and then dumped at the end but they would never learn...

Rotimi Amaechi, Oshiomole and company how far?
Re: Akpabio Is A Common Thief, He Sacked Me For Refusing To Be Initiated –dr. Nunieh by SpecialAdviser(m): 7:49pm On May 16, 2020
You don't need to tell us. We have always known them as thieves. I mean all of them.
Re: Akpabio Is A Common Thief, He Sacked Me For Refusing To Be Initiated –dr. Nunieh by Coldie(m): 7:52pm On May 16, 2020
This lady speaks the truth, she was hated by a lot of top staffs and bosses who were involved in corruption as a result of her forensic audit.

Imagine Bribing somebody to close your case but she refuses and another person says keep your money in fact you will steal more just swear an oath of loyalty and secrecy to me.

Who would a corrupt person choose?
Re: Akpabio Is A Common Thief, He Sacked Me For Refusing To Be Initiated –dr. Nunieh by Coldie(m): 7:53pm On May 16, 2020
bencarson007:
Akpabio nyansh wan open so o
Merely looking at this woman's face, she no get chill o and is ready for war...

These useless Niger Delta leaders are all thieves and they are being used by the Northern elites to oppress their own people and then dumped at the end but they would never learn...

Rotimi Amaechi, Oshiomole and company how far?

I can put in my word for Amaechi anyday anytime, I dont know much about Oshiomole as he doesn't have any govt appointment to oversee any sector.

But oshiomole is a criminal.

Nobody will take this thread serious cause theres no link but its true
Re: Akpabio Is A Common Thief, He Sacked Me For Refusing To Be Initiated –dr. Nunieh by Coldie(m): 7:58pm On May 16, 2020
Akpabio is just wasting his time.

He is not even a full blown Apc loyalist, he just decamped when the time was right.

If the Presidency doesn't go to the SW and it goes to the SS, the first person on that rooster is CHIBUIKE ROTIMI AMAECHI.

Even if akpabio likes let him steal all the money in NDDC, he can't stand where Amaechi stands in Apc

I can count things amaechi has achieved as Minister of transport and as minister of rail. Amaechi and Fashola are the 2 highest achieving ministers under buharis team. Who is akpabio?

Others are using projects to show there worthiness to serve Nigeria.

Akpabio is trying to steal the nation dry as his own achievement

1 Like

Re: Akpabio Is A Common Thief, He Sacked Me For Refusing To Be Initiated –dr. Nunieh by merit455(m): 7:58pm On May 16, 2020
According to zombies,Akpabio is a saint now
Re: Akpabio Is A Common Thief, He Sacked Me For Refusing To Be Initiated –dr. Nunieh by wingmanIII: 8:04pm On May 16, 2020
Even EFCC thought he was a big criminal and charged him for looting billions from his state. They changed their mind when he joined APC. Nigeria is doomed under APC and Buhari
Re: Akpabio Is A Common Thief, He Sacked Me For Refusing To Be Initiated –dr. Nunieh by trutht828: 8:09pm On May 16, 2020
helinues:

How come you automatically believed Akpabio and condemn the woman? Is it because of political affiliation?

Is this the first time Akpabio will be accused of corruption? Or it doesn't matter so long as the corrupt Akpabio is in your party?

This means you don't really hate corruption; you only hate corruption when perpetrated by people in the opposition party.

Not even fasting can give you a semblance of uprightness or integrity. What a useless religion you are practising, a religion that has no place for Integrity!
Re: Akpabio Is A Common Thief, He Sacked Me For Refusing To Be Initiated –dr. Nunieh by Coldie(m): 8:13pm On May 16, 2020
trutht828:

How come you automatically believed Akpabio and condemn the woman? Is it because of political affiliation?

Is this the first time Akpabio will be accused of corruption? Or it doesn't matter so long as the corrupt Akpabio is in your party?

This means you don't really hate corruption; you only hate corruption when perpetrated by people in the opposition party.

Not even fasting can give you a semblance of uprightness or integrity. What a useless religion you are practising, a religion that has no place for Integrity!
People like that are no different from the ipob they are the real e enemies of Nigeria
Re: Akpabio Is A Common Thief, He Sacked Me For Refusing To Be Initiated –dr. Nunieh by trutht828: 9:01pm On May 16, 2020
Coldie:

People like that are no different from the ipob they are the real e enemies of Nigeria

You are very correct
Re: Akpabio Is A Common Thief, He Sacked Me For Refusing To Be Initiated –dr. Nunieh by jchioma: 9:38pm On May 16, 2020
It's really unfortunate to see how greed can make some people do the unimaginable. They claim to be Christians but are worse than pagans. Anyway, I cannot put this past the uncommon thief. No wonder even Festus Keyamo could not work with him.
Re: Akpabio Is A Common Thief, He Sacked Me For Refusing To Be Initiated –dr. Nunieh by bencarson007(m): 10:17pm On May 16, 2020
Coldie:

I can put in my word for Amaechi anyday anytime, I dont know much about Oshiomole as he doesn't have any govt appointment to oversee any sector.

But oshiomole is a criminal.

Nobody will take this thread serious cause theres no link but its true

Brother they are all thieves

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Nigerians lashes Senator Dino Melaye over photo he took with Joe Biden / Malami Uses Ministry's Official Letterhead Paper To Announce Son's Wedding / Apapa Seaport Is Own By Ijaws Not Yoruba

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.