Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,049 members, 7,818,156 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:08 AM

Coronavirus Numbers After 50 Days Of A Strict Lockdown In South Africa - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Coronavirus Numbers After 50 Days Of A Strict Lockdown In South Africa (1175 Views)

COVID-19: Kutlwano Selaledi Commits Suicide Over 28-Day Lockdown In Botswana / 5 Things That Will Happen Due To Lockdown In Nigeria / How Prepared Are You For Total Lockdown In Lagos, Other Parts Of Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Coronavirus Numbers After 50 Days Of A Strict Lockdown In South Africa by TMKsouth: 9:12pm On May 16, 2020
On the 50th day of the nationwide lockdown in SA the country has announced a daily record of 831 new cases as infections rise to 14 355.

14 more deaths see the national death toll rise to 261.

The Western Cape province (Cape Town) remains by far the epicenter of the pandemic in the country with 7 586 confirmed cases.

Nationwide there have been 6478 recoveries and 439 559 tests have been conducted.

Earlier this week President Cyril Ramaphosa announced the tough lockdown (which even bans the sale of alcohol and cigarettes, and limits public exercise) will again be eased at the end of May to Level 3 from Level 4, but warned hotspots might remain under strict lockdown.

Re: Coronavirus Numbers After 50 Days Of A Strict Lockdown In South Africa by Sunnick(m): 9:31pm On May 16, 2020
I think WHO are not telling us something about this covi19

2 Likes

Re: Coronavirus Numbers After 50 Days Of A Strict Lockdown In South Africa by TMKsouth: 9:34pm On May 16, 2020
Country expecting surge in infections during winter months (June - August)

Re: Coronavirus Numbers After 50 Days Of A Strict Lockdown In South Africa by TMKsouth: 9:35pm On May 16, 2020

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus Numbers After 50 Days Of A Strict Lockdown In South Africa by TMKsouth: 9:45pm On May 16, 2020
Sunnick:

A lot of countries themselves are accused of holding back the true figures.
Re: Coronavirus Numbers After 50 Days Of A Strict Lockdown In South Africa by iscom(m): 9:53pm On May 16, 2020
Definitely we are living with the virus.

Don’t forget we are selling original romoss and xiaomi powerbanks came with anti-counterfeit code for verification. Truely original. We also sell original mobile phones accessories. Just click on my signature.

Re: Coronavirus Numbers After 50 Days Of A Strict Lockdown In South Africa by Lorazepam(f): 9:56pm On May 16, 2020
TMKsouth:
Country expecting surge in infections during winter months (June - August)
Are you guys in SA receiving any form of palliative or economic stimulus package pay out from your govt during this lockdown? 50 days of lockdown isn't easy at all and i know SA has one of the strictest lockdowns in the continent

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus Numbers After 50 Days Of A Strict Lockdown In South Africa by sammyscholar(m): 10:03pm On May 16, 2020
Sunnick:
What are you waiting for WHO to tell you?
Re: Coronavirus Numbers After 50 Days Of A Strict Lockdown In South Africa by WannaHowzit(m): 10:16pm On May 16, 2020
sammyscholar:

Yes she's not clear. Confusing post.
Re: Coronavirus Numbers After 50 Days Of A Strict Lockdown In South Africa by TMKsouth: 10:43pm On May 16, 2020
Lorazepam:

Are you guys in SA receiving any form of palliative or economic stimulus package pay out from your govt during this lockdown? 50 days of lockdown isn't easy at all and i know SA has one of the strictest lockdowns in the continent

There's quite a comprehensive approach but of course everyone will differ on whether it's enough.

1.Some monthly government payments for the poor have been increased considerably for the next 6 months such as child grants, disability and pension payouts.
2. An unemployment grant has been introduced for the first time to citizens and legal foreign nationals of N7000 per month for 6 months.
3. Food packages are being distributed to needy households.
4. Homeless people have been put up in shelters.
5. Government spending $26 billion dollars to cushion the economy and help companies pay salaries.
6. Moratorium in place to stop landlords evicting residents and businesses.

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus Numbers After 50 Days Of A Strict Lockdown In South Africa by Lorazepam(f): 10:47pm On May 16, 2020
TMKsouth:

There's quite a comprehensive approach but of course everyone will differ on whether it's enough.

1.Some monthly grant payments for the poor have been increased considerably for the next 6 months such as child grants, disability and pension payouts.
2. An unemployment grant has been introduced for the first time to citizens and legal foreign nationals of N7000 per months for 6 months.
3. Food packages have been distributed to needy households.
4. Homeless people have been put up in shelters.
5. Government spending $26 billion dollars to cushion the economy and help companies pay salaries.
6. Moratorium in place to stop landlords evicting residents and businesses.
SA doing quite fine then.
Thank you

2 Likes

Re: Coronavirus Numbers After 50 Days Of A Strict Lockdown In South Africa by WannaHowzit(m): 11:20pm On May 16, 2020
TMKsouth:

Nice
Re: Coronavirus Numbers After 50 Days Of A Strict Lockdown In South Africa by SILVERLINES: 11:28pm On May 16, 2020
I rush in here to check Nigeria score for the day
Re: Coronavirus Numbers After 50 Days Of A Strict Lockdown In South Africa by TMKsouth: 11:44pm On May 16, 2020
SILVERLINES:
I rush in here to check Nigeria score for the day
Re: Coronavirus Numbers After 50 Days Of A Strict Lockdown In South Africa by TMKsouth: 12:24am On May 17, 2020

Re: Coronavirus Numbers After 50 Days Of A Strict Lockdown In South Africa by Sunnick(m): 12:42am On May 17, 2020
sammyscholar:

It not making sense... they made us believe social distance was the way to beat the virus. But in reality its different, 50 days lock down yet the infection is spreading faster.

I understand the logic. But also ive notice most countries hit their spike after probably months of lock down. Which was contrary to the 14 days incubation period for the virus to fully manifest. I truly doubt WHO knw how it really spread and that 14 day stuff is not true. It probably last far longer. If not some countries wont be having that high infection rate after 4months of lock down

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus Numbers After 50 Days Of A Strict Lockdown In South Africa by TMKsouth: 12:37pm On May 17, 2020
CIGARETTE BAN
Re: Coronavirus Numbers After 50 Days Of A Strict Lockdown In South Africa by TMKsouth: 6:03am On May 18, 2020

(1) (Reply)

. / What Is Alum / What Is The Difference Between Weight Loss And Slimming?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.