Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,440 members, 7,954,740 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 08:17 AM

Oyo Confirms 31 New COVID-19 Cases - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Oyo Confirms 31 New COVID-19 Cases (14236 Views)

238 New COVID-19 Cases Reported. Total 2170. 352 Discharged. 68 Deaths / 204 New COVID-19 Cases Reported. Total 1932. 319 discharged. 58 deaths / 12 New COVID-19 Cases Confirmed By NCDC, Total Now 151 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oyo Confirms 31 New COVID-19 Cases by kclub83(m): 1:36pm On May 17, 2020
charminladyluck:
When the lockdown was instituted, I wondered whether the Muslims, especially the Northerners, would be able to abide by the rules. But to my utmost surprise, they complied. But then, there are the Christians, albeit a few of them, especially pastors, who are holding services with claims that it is just them and their immediate family. But the voices from these gatherings show that they are holding normal services with a full gathering, and not just their immediate family. They compel their followers' into coming by telling them that there is nothing like Covid-19, and that the government is just using the Covid-19 as an excuse to steal money (pot calling kettle black). They boast that even if Covid-19 was real, it couldn't come close to them. I understand that many of these pastors, especially of small churches, feed off tithes, offerings and donations. I don't have a problem with that. But there is a pandemic ravaging the globe, and fighting this pandemic should be prioritized. That is why the lockdown rules are in place, and should be respected. We can't be afford to be emotional at this time, if we don't want our case to be like the case of the United States.

The church I am referring to is a small church, but still it has over 10 members and should be able to afford a short online service in keeping with a small budget. They just finished their service for today; they have been having services since the lockdown began in Ibadan, Oyo State.

God will help us. Man must survive.
guy, are u a Muslim or Christian? Did u know what MAKINDE say about gatherings? Church or mosque can open but must not be more that 20 and there will be social distancing
Re: Oyo Confirms 31 New COVID-19 Cases by maasoap(m): 1:58pm On May 17, 2020
Crownwealth7103:

When others closed their border,are there no cases reported?

And you somehow convinced yourself just like the governor himself that it was better to throw everything open? Una go receive sense one day. If Osun state governor had not locked down and introduced borders control measures, Osun state would have reached over 1000 cases by now.
Re: Oyo Confirms 31 New COVID-19 Cases by maasoap(m): 2:03pm On May 17, 2020
kclub83:
guy, are u a Muslim or Christian? Did u know what MAKINDE say about gatherings? Church or mosque can open but must not be more that 20 and there will be social distancing

Firstly, social distancing in Nigeria is zero up till now. Don't deceive yourself.
Secondly, maximum of 20 people gathering together at this time is a huge risk. You actually think people are obeying the use of face masks, observing social distance and complying with the maximum number of people in a gathering when no one is looking at them?
Re: Oyo Confirms 31 New COVID-19 Cases by charminladyluck: 2:10pm On May 17, 2020
kclub83:

I was not aware of this. If it is true, then we can now go back to church provided that we are less than 20 members.
Re: Oyo Confirms 31 New COVID-19 Cases by WhiteLavender(f): 2:49pm On May 17, 2020
ppogba:

Either Zartech or Sumal.
Please don't drag companies you're not sure of into this mess.
Said company occupies 2 floors in the building I work and it isn't any of those you mentioned.
I'm refraining from naming the company because the government didn't name it.
As for visitors, nobody visits the company per se but they have a lot of employees in an enclosed space though large enough.
I guess when the time is right, they'll release the name.
Re: Oyo Confirms 31 New COVID-19 Cases by Famocious(m): 3:10pm On May 17, 2020
pat077:
I am sure the said organisation must be one of those Lebanese /Indian company. They don't care about the safety and welfare of their workers.

One of the telecom companies..
Re: Oyo Confirms 31 New COVID-19 Cases by zoedew: 3:17pm On May 17, 2020
The Governor from the onset of this covid-19 has been less than responsibly responsive. Now it is 30 infections in one company in the city of Ibadan!

2 Likes

Re: Oyo Confirms 31 New COVID-19 Cases by ppogba: 3:39pm On May 17, 2020
WhiteLavender:

Said company occupies 2 floors in the building I work and it isn't any of those you mentioned.
As for visitors, nobody visits the company per se but they have a lot of employees in an enclosed space though large enough.

The failure of the Gov, to mention names left room for speculation.

Mentioning the two names should not be a sin considering the fact that the two were still working and never closed down for a day. Besides, they are both in the LG mentioned by the Gov.

Let us wait and see. He that awaits his bride should not bother stretching his neck too much.

1 Like

Re: Oyo Confirms 31 New COVID-19 Cases by pat077: 4:13pm On May 17, 2020
Famocious:

One of the telecom companies..
OK. Then, I guess it's the yellow network.

1 Like

Re: Oyo Confirms 31 New COVID-19 Cases by Legendguru: 5:01pm On May 17, 2020
Ye
Re: Oyo Confirms 31 New COVID-19 Cases by keko14: 7:28pm On May 17, 2020
maasoap:

And you somehow convinced yourself just like the governor himself that it was better to throw everything open? Una go receive sense one day. If Osun state governor had not locked down and introduced borders control, Osun state would have reached over 1000 cases by now.

Sense is very expensive
Re: Oyo Confirms 31 New COVID-19 Cases by dadebayo1(m): 6:22am On May 18, 2020
WhiteLavender:

Probably an outsourced customer call centre outlet...
Re: Oyo Confirms 31 New COVID-19 Cases by WhiteLavender(f): 9:31am On May 18, 2020
dadebayo1:

Probably an outsourced customer call centre outlet...
Yeah. Just got to the office but the building is partially locked. They've disinfected the place though.
Re: Oyo Confirms 31 New COVID-19 Cases by WhiteLavender(f): 9:34am On May 18, 2020
zoedew:
The Governor from the onset of this covid-19 has been less than responsibly responsive. Now it is 30 infections in one company in the city of Ibadan!
That's just what they are quoting, I'm sure its way more than that. A whole lot more.
They have been keeping it under wraps for a while but I guess it didn't hold for too long.

1 Like

Re: Oyo Confirms 31 New COVID-19 Cases by dadebayo1(m): 9:56am On May 18, 2020
WhiteLavender:

Yeah. Just got to the office but the building is partially locked. They've disinfected the place though.

Hope they have finally shut down? Partial lockdown guess cos of the essential services they always claim grin. Noticed it was still opened yesterday... May God continue to protect us all.. Guess you work close to the place
Re: Oyo Confirms 31 New COVID-19 Cases by WhiteLavender(f): 10:00am On May 18, 2020
dadebayo1:

Hope they have finally shut down? Noticed it was still opened yesterday... May God continue to protect us all.. Guess you work close to the place
The two floors they occupy are not open to anyone yet (shut down). Mine is the first floor and they said we could go in.
So ground floor and first floor people can go in but we are still outside though.
Re: Oyo Confirms 31 New COVID-19 Cases by dadebayo1(m): 10:07am On May 18, 2020
WhiteLavender:

The two floors they occupy are not open to anyone yet (shut down). Mine is the first floor and they said we could go in.
So ground floor and first floor people can go in but we are still outside though.

Kindly stay safe and protected... grin Been to your office a couple of times grin grin really a small world. Please stay safe ooo
Re: Oyo Confirms 31 New COVID-19 Cases by NaijaTogether: 10:13am On May 18, 2020
Numbers are scary cry. Lets focus on people grin, specifically those who are doing what they can to stop the spread!!
Learn more at https://naijatogether.com/!

Re: Oyo Confirms 31 New COVID-19 Cases by WhiteLavender(f): 1:03pm On May 18, 2020
dadebayo1:

Kindly stay safe and protected... grin Been to your office a couple of times grin grin really a small world. Please stay safe ooo
Thanks. We've been asked to ho home till further notice.
Stay safe out there.
Re: Oyo Confirms 31 New COVID-19 Cases by dadebayo1(m): 1:46pm On May 18, 2020
WhiteLavender:

Thanks. We've been asked to ho home till further notice.
Stay safe out there.

Quite better..... Safety first.. Cos of the high number of people exposed.
Re: Oyo Confirms 31 New COVID-19 Cases by zoedew: 2:32pm On May 18, 2020
WhiteLavender:

That's just what they are quoting, I'm sure its way more than that. A whole lot more.
They have been keeping it under wraps for a while but I guess it didn't hold for too long.

Amazing actually how lightly he takes leadership!
Re: Oyo Confirms 31 New COVID-19 Cases by nasona: 2:07pm On May 27, 2020
Re: Oyo Confirms 31 New COVID-19 Cases by nasona: 2:08pm On May 27, 2020

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

8 Health Facts Explained / 5 Ways Nigerians Relax Their Nerves / 5 Reasons Why Body Scrub Treatment Is A Number One Beauty Regimen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.