Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,782 members, 7,817,248 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:45 AM

176 New COVID-19 Cases, 152 Discharged, 5 Deaths And 1028 Tested On May 16 - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 176 New COVID-19 Cases, 152 Discharged, 5 Deaths And 1028 Tested On May 16 (56941 Views)

COVID-19: 386 New Cases Reported, 10 Deaths And 78 Discharged On May 8 / COVID-19: 381 New Cases Reported, 4 Deaths And 67 Discharged On May 7 / COVID-19: 2 More Deaths And 20 New Cases, Total Now 210 (NCDC) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 176 New COVID-19 Cases, 152 Discharged, 5 Deaths And 1028 Tested On May 16 by TourismMan(m): 6:15am On May 17, 2020
This corona news has become stale. No longer interesting. Abeg make e end ASAP.
Re: 176 New COVID-19 Cases, 152 Discharged, 5 Deaths And 1028 Tested On May 16 by TourismMan(m): 6:17am On May 17, 2020
Seriously what is the mystery behind zero recorded case in Kogi and Cross River states till date? How managed? What did they do or what have they been doing?
Re: 176 New COVID-19 Cases, 152 Discharged, 5 Deaths And 1028 Tested On May 16 by Roozzaay(m): 6:20am On May 17, 2020
Amotolongbo:
It has now got to the stage that we need being sincere to ourselves as a nation.

Can someone tell me what is the significance of this nonsense NCDC churns out every night like a nightguard’s whistle?

The essence of the results for pandemic cases is to get the actual number of infected people, which can be used for the general case studies of the disease, the effects and needed management of the disease as it grows in trend. Thus, there should be protocol of maximum integrity followed.

With this inconsistent results resulting from the daily variation in activities of the NCDC, what can we get out of the results?
Can we say our curve is flattening in the real sense?
Can we say the situation is getting better in reality based on the results?

NCDC is nothing both the combination of Mr Ibru, Okey Bakassi, Aluwe, Baba Suwe et al on a professional ethical assignment.
May your wisdom never deteriorate.
Re: 176 New COVID-19 Cases, 152 Discharged, 5 Deaths And 1028 Tested On May 16 by martineverest(m): 6:24am On May 17, 2020
Amotolongbo:
It has now got to the stage that we need being sincere to ourselves as a nation.

Can someone tell me what is the significance of this nonsense NCDC churns out every night like a nightguard’s whistle?

The essence of the results for pandemic cases is to get the actual number of infected people, which can be used for the general case studies of the disease, the effects and needed management of the disease as it grows in trend. Thus, there should be protocol of maximum integrity followed.

With this inconsistent results resulting from the daily variation in activities of the NCDC, what can we get out of the results?

NCDC is nothing both the combination of Mr Ibru, Okey Bakassi, Aluwe, Baba Suwe et al on a professional ethical assignment.
did u check what's happening around the world?... especially Spain and Italy?
Re: 176 New COVID-19 Cases, 152 Discharged, 5 Deaths And 1028 Tested On May 16 by martineverest(m): 6:25am On May 17, 2020
TourismMan:
Seriously what is the mystery behind zero recorded case in Kogi and Cross River states till date? How managed? What did they do or what have they been doing?
I feel those governors are not revealing the truth
Re: 176 New COVID-19 Cases, 152 Discharged, 5 Deaths And 1028 Tested On May 16 by Kentuforchrist(m): 6:32am On May 17, 2020
what if they start 100k testing? ;Dwhat if they start 100k testing?
Re: 176 New COVID-19 Cases, 152 Discharged, 5 Deaths And 1028 Tested On May 16 by Emmasnoop(m): 6:36am On May 17, 2020
No Coronavirus in Nigeria we have Coronavirus Government.
Re: 176 New COVID-19 Cases, 152 Discharged, 5 Deaths And 1028 Tested On May 16 by Bestman66: 6:46am On May 17, 2020
Let's show integrity and be honest for once. Governor Yahaya Bello God bless you sir. I greet you sir.
Re: 176 New COVID-19 Cases, 152 Discharged, 5 Deaths And 1028 Tested On May 16 by Risingsunn: 6:47am On May 17, 2020
Amotolongbo:

you write intelligently, can we be friends?
Re: 176 New COVID-19 Cases, 152 Discharged, 5 Deaths And 1028 Tested On May 16 by 77up(m): 6:50am On May 17, 2020
Temithorpe28:
Dear lord,
My sincere birthday wish is that you should please keep this evil pandemic far away from me, from my family, from all nairalanders and their families. And that you should forgive our sins and heal all our nations.

Lastly please heal all those have already contacted the disease, protect all our health workers and comfort all those who have lost their loved ones, job and sanity to this virus...

yours faithfully,
Temmy
Amen, happy birthday to you, long life and prosperity.
Re: 176 New COVID-19 Cases, 152 Discharged, 5 Deaths And 1028 Tested On May 16 by iykenex(m): 6:52am On May 17, 2020
Confirmedzombie:
There is no Testing in the south East hence no cases.

The virus has really spread in the SE. I urge the NCDC to deploy much task force and test kits to the SE.

I'm worried the number of cases in the SE is too small.

May God heal our land

It is not true, on Thursday I saw NCDC staff in Aba collecting people's sample, that place is very local and the people that are more dominant there are market women, cow sellers and butchers. I was even surprised to see them.
Re: 176 New COVID-19 Cases, 152 Discharged, 5 Deaths And 1028 Tested On May 16 by Chuksyno(m): 6:53am On May 17, 2020
Confirmedzombie:

The virus has really spread in the SE. I urge the NCDC to deploy much task force and test kits to the SE.

May God heal our land
So 3 Anambra cases you see here is in South Heaven abi you want some more like Oliver Twist? agaghi agazi ka isi chòò
Re: 176 New COVID-19 Cases, 152 Discharged, 5 Deaths And 1028 Tested On May 16 by Enyimbamercedes: 7:02am On May 17, 2020
Let me just say this:

This COViD 19 in Nigeria is turning to a joke thing!

Our figures and the data do not make any sense and we aren’t even doing much.

Lock down and post lock down figures are pretty much in the same range. This can only be so if we are still testing the same number of samples or we are just putting out imaginary figures everyday to milk a bad situation!
If these figures are anything to go by, there was no need for a lockdown!!

In the North, huge death numbers are written off as “unexplained deaths”! Case closed.

In Kogi, no testing equals no Covid cases- very good

2 Likes

Re: 176 New COVID-19 Cases, 152 Discharged, 5 Deaths And 1028 Tested On May 16 by uchmannn(m): 7:08am On May 17, 2020
Confirmedzombie:

May God heal our land

So u want the number to increase abi? Haba!
Re: 176 New COVID-19 Cases, 152 Discharged, 5 Deaths And 1028 Tested On May 16 by Gucciboss: 7:11am On May 17, 2020
Confirmedzombie:

May God heal our land

You must be joking. Are you the one spreading it?you think covid19 is cartarrh that will just fizzle away in 5 days. If there are more cases here we will know. Nothing strange is happening in hospitals down here, so relax. Covid19 does not hide.
Re: 176 New COVID-19 Cases, 152 Discharged, 5 Deaths And 1028 Tested On May 16 by tallerSSS: 7:14am On May 17, 2020
Confirmedzombie:

May God heal our land
mumu is waring you, everywhere has been on lockdown for a couple of months now beyond incubation period of the virus and still no fatality or distress in regards to the novel virus and still you wonder.. if you worry too much go to one of the test labs for covid 19 and just pick one positive sample and sip so you could add to the index cases.
Re: 176 New COVID-19 Cases, 152 Discharged, 5 Deaths And 1028 Tested On May 16 by proeast(m): 7:19am On May 17, 2020
Confirmedzombie:

May God heal our land

Lol, you are truly what your name says. FYI, every SE state now has testing centers while Imo has two. SE is in the hands of God, we are safe and we will continue to be safe.

Now, let me give you an idea why we are better off. Take a drone picture of our cities and compare it with yours then you will understand the living conditions of both regions. We largely live in decent houses while you guys live in slums eg Ibadan grin
Re: 176 New COVID-19 Cases, 152 Discharged, 5 Deaths And 1028 Tested On May 16 by annyz: 7:19am On May 17, 2020
ChiefAfonja:
U can't tell no case was reported in kano undecided

Or are they concealing their results

Gandolar is equal to anything

Since his expected 15billion naira is not forthcoming. He may want to henceforth tow the line of the truth.
GANDOLAR If I hear
Re: 176 New COVID-19 Cases, 152 Discharged, 5 Deaths And 1028 Tested On May 16 by Gucciboss: 7:21am On May 17, 2020
2gbasky22:

It's as a result of the number of persons their samples were tested.

Abi can 10 samples produce 50 results?

It is about those who present themselves for testing, and we know that those who come for testing are majorly sick people. In Nigeria, people without symptoms hardly go to hospital.
Re: 176 New COVID-19 Cases, 152 Discharged, 5 Deaths And 1028 Tested On May 16 by karnap(m): 7:26am On May 17, 2020
Xstremebj:
May GOD help us.

Meanwhile wats d meaning of Op...��because u guys uses it alot
Original Poster. the person that made the post.
Re: 176 New COVID-19 Cases, 152 Discharged, 5 Deaths And 1028 Tested On May 16 by Ligalaga: 7:34am On May 17, 2020
God help heal the world.
Re: 176 New COVID-19 Cases, 152 Discharged, 5 Deaths And 1028 Tested On May 16 by Charmwilliams45(f): 7:52am On May 17, 2020
Wait o.. d last time I checked we ve 36 states.. Nd d list up there it shows 35 states has Coro already Nd me thinking it’s just cross river that is Coro free but I noticed kogi is not in dat list so how come d list up there is 35 states without kogi Nd cross river.. hmmm Nigeria my country
Re: 176 New COVID-19 Cases, 152 Discharged, 5 Deaths And 1028 Tested On May 16 by zedman1(m): 7:55am On May 17, 2020
bolseas:

Thank you.. lol.. toor.. I just had to respond since no one responded to his question... grin
You did well.

1 Like

Re: 176 New COVID-19 Cases, 152 Discharged, 5 Deaths And 1028 Tested On May 16 by lawalbo(m): 7:56am On May 17, 2020
What is the basis of these testing? Is that as they are testing everyday and discovering positive cases, they are taking them into isolation centers? Then I believe the isolation center should be full to capacity cos if you averaging 50 everyday, it is a real source of worry... My prayer is that God should intervene and rid us of this pandemic. The federal government and Ncdc are playing politics with this Corona virus issue.
Re: 176 New COVID-19 Cases, 152 Discharged, 5 Deaths And 1028 Tested On May 16 by Sososo(f): 8:07am On May 17, 2020
It is ending in praise
Re: 176 New COVID-19 Cases, 152 Discharged, 5 Deaths And 1028 Tested On May 16 by galaxy2020(m): 8:14am On May 17, 2020
Confirmedzombie:

May God heal our land
..Are you sure? Ebonyi state has one, go and check.
Re: 176 New COVID-19 Cases, 152 Discharged, 5 Deaths And 1028 Tested On May 16 by Chikelue2000(m): 8:20am On May 17, 2020
Something doesn't add up...no cross river and Kogi yet we have 35 states up dia?
Re: 176 New COVID-19 Cases, 152 Discharged, 5 Deaths And 1028 Tested On May 16 by ugwum007(m): 8:22am On May 17, 2020
BBN won't be airing this year. It will be replaced with the drama happening in the isolation centers where people are partying, giving birth, dancing, smoking weed, etc.

Which other version of BBN will be more interesting than that.
Re: 176 New COVID-19 Cases, 152 Discharged, 5 Deaths And 1028 Tested On May 16 by Ochuksbaba(m): 8:32am On May 17, 2020
Charmwilliams45:
Wait o.. d last time I checked we ve 36 states.. Nd d list up there it shows 35 states has Coro already Nd me thinking it’s just cross river that is Coro free but I noticed kogi is not in dat list so how come d list up there is 35 states without kogi Nd cross river.. hmmm Nigeria my country

Abuja is now a state bros,,,lolz
Re: 176 New COVID-19 Cases, 152 Discharged, 5 Deaths And 1028 Tested On May 16 by Chicastle: 9:06am On May 17, 2020
FlordFlorez:
Lagos always higher. I have never and would never join those that dont believe the existense of corona virus disease but i think the figures are concocted. I mean how will one explain the science behind kaduna having 20 cases yesterday and today just 4. Maybe tomorrow we will hear 34.

It's called Geometric Sequences
Re: 176 New COVID-19 Cases, 152 Discharged, 5 Deaths And 1028 Tested On May 16 by ogelekpomgam(m): 9:20am On May 17, 2020
Confirmedzombie:

May God heal our land
Pls NB..Southwest and Northern region lifestyles are basically similar.they love living closely together.a couple can comfortably live with their parents in the west.this you can hardly see in the east.easterners love separated life.This is a plus in this pandemic.
Re: 176 New COVID-19 Cases, 152 Discharged, 5 Deaths And 1028 Tested On May 16 by OriOko88(m): 9:28am On May 17, 2020
Yemike:

Majority of the reported covid-19 cases in Oyo are not from the state. They're from people intercepted from the border trying to get into or pass across the state.
This hike might be from the result of the bus carrying lots of Northerners intercepted at Ogbomosho
Ook. I see

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

I Am Dying Of A Chronic Pile / Boy Who Had Huge Tumor On His Face Shocks Classmates With New Look. Photos / Beware Of The Bad Postures And Save Yourself From Chronic Body Pain!! (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.