Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,901 members, 7,814,048 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:24 AM

Joy Unspeakable - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Joy Unspeakable (155 Views)

Joy Unspeakable / The Unspeakable Gift Of God Almighty / Unspeakable Joy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Joy Unspeakable by ACKCITY: 6:14am On May 17, 2020
Scripture Reference: “All the days of the desponding afflicted are made evil (by anxious thoughts and foreboding), but he who has a glad heart has a continual feast (regardless of circumstances)” - Proverbs 15:15 AMP.

Depression is demonic. It stifles potentials and kills initiative while laughter ventilates the soul. It keeps us open to destiny- moulding ideas. Excited people rule the world, for they never run short of divine ideas. ‘Be joyful, again I say to be joyful’. These words can be adapted from the words of Paul. He said, “Rejoice, again I say rejoice”.

A wise man said, “It takes more muscles to frown than to laugh”. Laughing is cost-effective. It yields great dividends. Joseph was undoubtedly a very joyful person. Looking at the myriad of challenges he went through, he had “reasons” to be depressed. He was falsely accused and imprisoned. In fact, he avoided fornication due to his fear for God and in spite of this faithfulness to God, he landed in prison. Somebody might have thought, “Maybe I should have given in to Potiphar’s wife. Why can’t God fight or vindicate me? What am I doing in prison”? Joseph understood the mystery of faithfulness. It becomes a seed that yields a stable future.

Christian maturity is required when it comes to such life issues. Just like Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego said, “Even if God will not save us, it is not right to bow down to another god”. Obedience comes first. Obedience is always better than sacrifice. Genuine joy comes from being obedient.

There is every indication that even in prison, Joseph was exceptionally joyful. Only an active and excited man could have been given the right to lead. He exhibited strength, which is a product of joy. Dr David O. Oyedepo said, “For you to remain joyful and excited, you must break every connection with the negative past”. Joseph’s joy came from the fact that he obeyed God and was sure that God would vindicate him. There is every reason to thank God, for a “living dog is better than a dead lion”. Joseph could have been killed. God preserved his life and his destiny was preserved.

Laugh and the world will laugh with you. A cheerful person who never drags his troubles around him, but shuts them out so as not to bore others, can win the greatest number of friends. Those who bring sunshine to the lives of others cannot keep it from themselves. Spread sunshine wherever you go. Make people feel like new beings. By your presence, let the thoughts of others be inspired and their imagination is stirred. You should be a pacesetter.

Daily digest: S. Perry said, “Nobody likes sad People”, so be cheerful.

Prayer: Lord, I rejoice at your word. I thank you for I choose to remain faithful in spite of circumstances, for I know that therein is lasting yoy. Thank you, Lord. In Jesus name, Amen.

#GlobalImpactNG
#AchieveGreatnessDevotional
#DailyDevotional
#MorningDevotion
#WednesdayWisdom
#WednesdayThoughts
#TuesdayMotivation
#Lagos
#Nigeria

Source: https://www.ackcitynews.com/2020/05/joy-unspeakable.html

Re: Joy Unspeakable by ABLESOFT2(m): 6:20am On May 17, 2020
#HALLELUYAH......
Re: Joy Unspeakable by dangermouse(m): 7:23am On May 17, 2020
In Gods presence there is fulness of joy!

(1) (Reply)

It Is Preposterous To Describe Pope As Antichrist - Archbishop Of Lagos / Exaltation From The Book Of Jude / The Mover Of Mountains

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.