Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,365 members, 7,815,779 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:11 PM

Wikipedia Is Ten Years Old - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Wikipedia Is Ten Years Old (520 Views)

Wikipedia Disputes The Number Of Registered Members On Nairaland / Help With Wikipedia Please / How Accurate Is Wikipedia? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Wikipedia Is Ten Years Old by rockers: 1:32pm On Jan 15, 2011
Wikipedia, the San Francisco-based online encyclopedia, is 10 years old today.

the free-content project was launched by US entrepreneur Jimmy Wales on its own domain, wikipedia.org.
"I remember that first day," said Jimmy Wales in his speech marking the anniversary."I clicked on edit and I wrote 'Hello World' and that was the beginning of Wikipedia and all the things that have come since then."
The site was set up as an offshoot of Nupedia because editors on that website were unhappy about the idea of allowing users to add or edit content; that website closed in 2003.Wikipedia was the first site to allow the easy creation and editing of any number of interlinked web pages via a web browser.

Read more: http://www./2011/01/wikipedia-is-ten-years-old.html#ixzz1B6fjZNie

(1) (Reply)

Sell Your Laptop Here Cash And Carry, Repair Your Laptop Here, In Just A Go / Through Wireless How Can I Share Dsame Connection With My Phone And My Laptop / Get This Starcomms Izap-- Just One Month Old!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.