Stats: 3,162,892 members, 7,852,008 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 11:30 AM

Jamb Goes Indutry - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Jamb Goes Indutry (605 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

Jamb Goes Indutry by talk2hb1(m): 2:39pm On Jan 15, 2011
Recently, I was with a friend of mine, who own a cybercafé, when I got there I discovered that he was very busy helping student to fill their online JAMB form. He told me that he his very sorry that he has not been able to attend to me recently, because of this registration so anytime he got home he is always too tired to attend to anything else other than to sleep. He told me though he his making a lot of money doing it, but the wahala is just too much. I kept wondering how much this guy must have made and how much more other guys out there are making? On further research into the JAMB online registration I discovered that all this registration centers have paid some amount of money before they are giving the authority to do the registration. Before you are allowed to be a registration center you must take your computer to their office for some software installation after then you can be allowed to do the registration. What is the faith of this students registering for JAMB when all our higher institution can only accommodate less than 1% of the entire 1million student sitting for the exam? What is our Government doing to help solve this problem? Is there away out? Or what is our option or alternative? These are the questions that keep me awake for the past couple of days when thinking from my Urban and Regional Planning training perspective.
The alternative am seeing are students will get smarter bringing about the case of survival of the fittest, student will be forced to go to school in neighboring countries like Ghana, Cameroon, etc. so far they can always come back to serve their father land, Or travel to Europe, America or Asia to school as I observed that more of Nigeria student are going to Malaysia to school now which is bad for our economy in the short run and brain drain in the long run of it, or worse still student will not go to school at all which is very dangerous to our society and the country at large.
This is just my thinking, if you have any better idea, or better suggestion you can contribute to this thank my Name is Salami Habeeb (am a professional website designer and developer, a Computer software developer, and an ICT consultant. you can reach me on 2348064620491)

Uniben Here We Come / For Any Information On Unical Post Utme, Call Me / When Will Unaab Post Umecoming Up?