Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,263 members, 7,815,433 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:21 PM

Will You Still Take Palm Oil After Seeing How It Is Made? (photos) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Will You Still Take Palm Oil After Seeing How It Is Made? (photos) (4421 Views)

You Will Cry For Nigeria After Seeing These Pics. / Will Ojukwu Be Happy Seeing How Buhari Is Treating Igbos Today? / Orji Kalu Reacts After Seeing This At APC Campaign Rally In Ekiti State(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Will You Still Take Palm Oil After Seeing How It Is Made? (photos) by Dailyhappenings: 3:47pm On May 17, 2020
Many are left surprised when they see how the palm oil "red oil" is made locally.

This is a photo taken in some part of the Nigeria where women and men were seen making palm oil for public consumption.

Source: http://www.musictori.com/2020/05/will-you-still-take-palm-oil-after.html

2 Likes

Re: Will You Still Take Palm Oil After Seeing How It Is Made? (photos) by Dailyhappenings: 3:47pm On May 17, 2020

Re: Will You Still Take Palm Oil After Seeing How It Is Made? (photos) by bigiyaro(m): 3:49pm On May 17, 2020
which part of the north? lie lie.
Re: Will You Still Take Palm Oil After Seeing How It Is Made? (photos) by 2special(m): 3:59pm On May 17, 2020
Palm oil plantation in the north, pls which state

1 Like

Re: Will You Still Take Palm Oil After Seeing How It Is Made? (photos) by okomile(f): 3:59pm On May 17, 2020
OP
Do you expect palm oil from machines?

How was palm oil produced by our fore fathers?

Leave mata

I go chop epo pupa well a
grin cheesy

10 Likes

Re: Will You Still Take Palm Oil After Seeing How It Is Made? (photos) by Ojiofor: 4:02pm On May 17, 2020
Africans have refused to upgrade themselves.

4 Likes

Re: Will You Still Take Palm Oil After Seeing How It Is Made? (photos) by Sammy07: 4:06pm On May 17, 2020
bigiyaro:
which part of the north? lie lie.

That is how it's been produced/Prepared everywhere in Nigeria (South)
Except few people that uses machines.

1 Like

Re: Will You Still Take Palm Oil After Seeing How It Is Made? (photos) by Nobody: 4:18pm On May 17, 2020
Why we never die?
Re: Will You Still Take Palm Oil After Seeing How It Is Made? (photos) by Thomthom(m): 4:19pm On May 17, 2020
Waitin happen?
Re: Will You Still Take Palm Oil After Seeing How It Is Made? (photos) by bolaayenimo: 4:19pm On May 17, 2020
ln my place , we do it stark naked but its the best palm oil anywhere in the country

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Will You Still Take Palm Oil After Seeing How It Is Made? (photos) by hisgrace090: 4:21pm On May 17, 2020
Human body is not poison.

3 Likes

Re: Will You Still Take Palm Oil After Seeing How It Is Made? (photos) by bigiyaro(m): 4:24pm On May 17, 2020
Sammy07:

That is how it's been produced/Prepared everywhere in Nigeria (South) Except few people that uses machines.
yes of course, I was just curious about it.
Re: Will You Still Take Palm Oil After Seeing How It Is Made? (photos) by Gandollar(f): 4:51pm On May 17, 2020
Sammy07:

That is how it's been produced/Prepared everywhere in Nigeria (South)
Except few people that uses machines.

I'm from Imo State and we don't prepare oil locally by swimming in it.

9 Likes

Re: Will You Still Take Palm Oil After Seeing How It Is Made? (photos) by Gandollar(f): 4:53pm On May 17, 2020
bolaayenimo:
ln my place , we do it stark naked but its the best palm oil anywhere in the country
I hope your oil is not the one that smells fetid.
Re: Will You Still Take Palm Oil After Seeing How It Is Made? (photos) by Sammy07: 4:58pm On May 17, 2020
Gandollar:

Lol, Audio Oil you got there.

Only few uses Machine.
If yah producing palm oil Locally, there is no way they won't use their legs
Re: Will You Still Take Palm Oil After Seeing How It Is Made? (photos) by Gandollar(f): 5:06pm On May 17, 2020
Sammy07:

Only few uses Machine.
We don't use machine for local production but very big mortars where the fruits are thoroughly pounded by the strongest person around, after which they are scooped into large basins and processing continues.

8 Likes

Re: Will You Still Take Palm Oil After Seeing How It Is Made? (photos) by Sammy07: 5:07pm On May 17, 2020
Gandollar:
We don't use machine for local production but very big mortars where the fruits are thoroughly pounded by the strongest person around, after which they are scooped into large basins and processing continues.

Alright.
Re: Will You Still Take Palm Oil After Seeing How It Is Made? (photos) by Nobody: 5:12pm On May 17, 2020
We don't prepare commercial palm oil through this way at all.
There is industrial machine for it.

Even household ones have it's small machines.

To do this thing is clean and neat. Very clean and neat.

Let me look for such machine online.
I maybe lucky.

3 Likes

Re: Will You Still Take Palm Oil After Seeing How It Is Made? (photos) by BlueBanana: 5:13pm On May 17, 2020
Good day everyone. I have a message for the South East. I have noticed a very sad development being carried out by some people here and I wish to bring that to your notice
I wish to bring to the notice of all Igbos on nairaland that there are some imposters posing as Igbos with the sole intent of dividing us and the South South.. I have noticed the schemes of these monickers who hide under the cloak of being Igbos to sabotage the buoyant relationship we have with the South south. These monickers are relentlessly trying to bring disunity between Igbos and South south states especially Rivers state.
I do not know the reason for this their malevolent acts but I just want us Igbos to be wary of their machinations and not fall victim of their tricks.
These monickers include Crixx, Kìnematics, KINEMATÌCZ, RIVERS1stson, Portharcourt1stsòn
South East and South South are one.
Sat no to Divide and Rule
Igbo kwenu!

5 Likes

Re: Will You Still Take Palm Oil After Seeing How It Is Made? (photos) by Nobody: 5:18pm On May 17, 2020
This is how it's done in small scale.

The big scale will pound and extract at the same time.

The people doing it like those up there should get awareness pls.

It doesn't look good at all

This picture reminds me of roasted yam and fresh red oil straight from the fire like this.
I miss home cry

The bad one is called uvurukutu. It's used with the palm fibre to produce local candles.
Nostalgic feelings.

10 Likes

Re: Will You Still Take Palm Oil After Seeing How It Is Made? (photos) by Nobody: 5:23pm On May 17, 2020
Sammy07:

Only few uses Machine.
I only saw the first picture in nsukka.
If u have big palm fruits, take it to the commercial place and they will do it for u. Your money.
If it's small, every household has where they pound this thing. U have to gather muscle or pay somebody to do it for u, then u can separate the palm kernel if its not big and extract the oil using that machine I posted. The only dirty thing is that oil will stain your clothes otherwise it's all clean.
Re: Will You Still Take Palm Oil After Seeing How It Is Made? (photos) by TheABOMINATION: 5:29pm On May 17, 2020
comshots:
Why we never die?

Because the final process of making palm oil involve making the oil palm boil beyond 100 degree Celsius and every germs or bacteria in it dies. After this the oil is collected and stored cleanly. And we who buy the oil make it go through another 100+ degree celsius as we use it to cook.

4 Likes

Re: Will You Still Take Palm Oil After Seeing How It Is Made? (photos) by TheMohican(m): 5:30pm On May 17, 2020
Sammy07:

Only few uses Machine.

Actually I've been to an oil producting LGA in imo state, only few people still produce it in this manner, most use machines, those who don't have machines take their karnels to those who do to process and then pay, if you don't travel you'll never know.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Will You Still Take Palm Oil After Seeing How It Is Made? (photos) by Sammy07: 5:34pm On May 17, 2020
TheMohican:

Actually I've been to an oil producting LGA in imo state, only few people still produce it in this manner, most use machines, those who don't have machines take their karnels to those who do to process and then pay, if you don't travel you'll never know.

Well, I only do visit friends and walk around in owerri during my stay in Enugu sha.
I might not know.
Re: Will You Still Take Palm Oil After Seeing How It Is Made? (photos) by valentineuwakwe(m): 5:47pm On May 17, 2020
last last..dirty no dey kill black man
Re: Will You Still Take Palm Oil After Seeing How It Is Made? (photos) by mytime24(f): 5:53pm On May 17, 2020
These ones no need pomade grin

Their body go always dey shine
Re: Will You Still Take Palm Oil After Seeing How It Is Made? (photos) by Golan007: 5:54pm On May 17, 2020
How oyinbo make wine.

1 Like

Re: Will You Still Take Palm Oil After Seeing How It Is Made? (photos) by NwaEnugwuukwu(m): 5:56pm On May 17, 2020
It's only in the South-West you will see them processing palm oil like this, and I believe that's the reason why their palm oil usually has odor as I witnessed throughout my stay in Ibadan (please I mean no harm).

In the East, they have machines both big and small that process palm oil. They don't process palm oil the way Op posted above.

2 Likes

Re: Will You Still Take Palm Oil After Seeing How It Is Made? (photos) by Justice35: 6:00pm On May 17, 2020
BlueBanana:
Good day everyone. I have a message for the South East. I have noticed a very sad development being carried out by some people here and I wish to bring that to your notice
I wish to bring to the notice of all Igbos on nairaland that there are some imposters posing as Igbos with the sole intent of dividing us and the South South.. I have noticed the schemes of these monickers who hide under the cloak of being Igbos to sabotage the buoyant relationship we have with the South south. These monickers are relentlessly trying to bring disunity between Igbos and South south states especially Rivers state.
I do not know the reason for this their malevolent acts but I just want us Igbos to be wary of their machinations and not fall victim of their tricks.
These monickers include Crixx, Kìnematics, KINEMATÌCZ, RIVERS1stson, Portharcourt1stsòn
South East and South South are one.
Sat no to Divide and Rule
Igbo kwenu!
forget your story, before those monikers you mentioned came to existence was there any thing love between south east and south south here,are they the South south not insulting and denying us ever since.....please point of correction south southerners just like hausas and yorubas are our neighbors not brothers we don't share any thing together with them....if they like let them hate us who cares.

2 Likes

Re: Will You Still Take Palm Oil After Seeing How It Is Made? (photos) by maestroferddi: 6:01pm On May 17, 2020
Gandollar:
I tire for this crude and unhygienic process...

1 Like

Re: Will You Still Take Palm Oil After Seeing How It Is Made? (photos) by tamdun: 6:04pm On May 17, 2020
Yes na
Re: Will You Still Take Palm Oil After Seeing How It Is Made? (photos) by DrGoodman: 6:05pm On May 17, 2020
TheABOMINATION:

Because the final process of making palm oil involve making the oil palm boil beyond 100 degree Celsius and every germs or bacteria in it dies. After this the oil is collected and stored cleanly. And we who buy the oil make it go through another 100+ degree celsius as we use it to cook.

You know the process wella.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Are My Soldiers Leaving, It Smells Like 66 Not 67 / Tinubu's Health Deteriorates, Wears Catheter Bag For Urine (pics) / I Hereby Declare Sit-at-home In The Following Dates in Biafraland - Simon Ekpa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.