Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,404 members, 7,819,433 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:13 PM

Land Trespass By A Neigbour,please your advise is needed - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Land Trespass By A Neigbour,please your advise is needed (584 Views)

Land Trespass / Trespass : How A Smart Tenant Sued His Landlord And Won / Average Legal Fee To Sue Someone For Trespass In Asaba (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Land Trespass By A Neigbour,please your advise is needed by mannasseh(m): 4:57pm On May 17, 2020
A friend of mine went to his land today, and discovered that, the neigbour who built a house beside the land planted cassava and yam on the land, on the grounds that it was bushy and attracting reptiles and he meant no harm in planting the crop, that he just wanted to help my friend.. what do you advise my friend to do? is this not a way of acquiring ones land. should he refund the man the money spent cultivating there? or let the cassava mature and let him harvest it?
Re: Land Trespass By A Neigbour,please your advise is needed by mannasseh(m): 5:16pm On May 17, 2020
mannasseh:
A friend of mine went to his land today, and discovered that, the neigbour who built a house beside the land planted cassava and yam on the land, on the grounds that it was bushy and attracting reptiles and he meant no harm in planting the crop, that he just wanted to help my friend.. what do you advise my friend to do? is this not a way of acquiring ones land. should he refund the man the money spent cultivating there? or let the cassava mature and let him harvest it?
Re: Land Trespass By A Neigbour,please your advise is needed by mannasseh(m): 5:17pm On May 17, 2020
[quote author=mannasseh post=89652439][/quote]
Re: Land Trespass By A Neigbour,please your advise is needed by lorhema(f): 5:22pm On May 17, 2020
I would allow him to harvest his crops when they are mature.

Reptiles are attracted to bushy areas.

If your friend wants to build immediately, then he should give the neighbour some money to reimburse his expenses in the spirit of good neighbourliness. My advice.

1 Like

Re: Land Trespass By A Neigbour,please your advise is needed by seunlayi(m): 5:37pm On May 17, 2020
lorhema:
I would allow him to harvest his crops when they are mature.

Reptiles are attracted to bushy areas.

If your friend wants to build immediately, then he should give the neighbour some money to reimburse his expenses in the spirit of good neighbourliness. My advice.
good advice. Farming on the land is for your own good too, since you are known to him, it help you drive away land grabbers. If you are not ready to use the land during this planting season, go to him, make friend with him and let him know and if not let him know. You are both friends /family already

1 Like

Re: Land Trespass By A Neigbour,please your advise is needed by Thatsammie(m): 6:36pm On May 17, 2020
Did he tell your friend before planting on the land? If yes, no problems but if otherwise, something is fishy.

1 Like

Re: Land Trespass By A Neigbour,please your advise is needed by mannasseh(m): 8:15am On May 18, 2020
Thatsammie:
Did he tell your friend before planting on the land? If yes, no problems but if otherwise, something is fishy.

He didn't tell my friend,he said he tried reaching him through the vendor that sold to both of them (neighbour and my frnd) but he wasn't informed and the sign post he placed on the land, the neighbour claimed it was removed by scavenger
Re: Land Trespass By A Neigbour,please your advise is needed by Thatsammie(m): 6:58pm On May 18, 2020
mannasseh:

He didn't tell my friend,he said he tried reaching him through the vendor that sold to both of them (neighbour and my frnd) but he wasn't informed and the sign post he placed on the land, the neighbour claimed it was removed by scavenger
Your friend should have his plot of land secured (fenced) before the handshake goes beyond the elbow.

(1) (Reply)

Tastefully Built And Secured 3-bedroom Flat (in-suite) at Ibafo To Let @ 300,000 / Pictures .. / Does The Law Forbid A Lawyer From Engaging As A Property Agent?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.