Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,554 members, 7,819,962 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:37 AM

Request For Buhari's Video On Sharia Implementation - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Request For Buhari's Video On Sharia Implementation (2549 Views)

No Room For Full Sharia Implementation In Nigeria – Buhari / Some Nigerians Call Me Baba Go Slow - President Buhari (VIDEO) / Final Battle Between Patience Jonathan And Aisha Buhari (video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Request For Buhari's Video On Sharia Implementation by safariSA: 4:42pm On Jan 15, 2011
Please I ask this question with all sincerity, can anybody post a video where Buhari asked for the implementation of Sharia in Nigeria?

If you can provide it, I will, right now, join the growing number of christian fundamentalists!
Re: Request For Buhari's Video On Sharia Implementation by yeswecan(m): 5:11pm On Jan 15, 2011
Is this the best spin you can come up with? he chaired the lunching of a Sharia book once in Sokoto -  lets elaborate on that, no one would chair the launching of a book that promotes a course he disagrees with. This is common sense my friend, you cannot get a someone to chair what he disagrees.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JITI0dRDjD4   from 3.50 he agreed to head the lunch of a sharia book. Your struck me as a sharia advocate yourself.
Re: Request For Buhari's Video On Sharia Implementation by safariSA: 5:25pm On Jan 15, 2011
I am a christian, bro. and are you saying as a christian, if i agree to chair launch of bible in sokoto, i have become a fundamentalist? wake up my friend and shake your washed brain off. Is sharia not the life of a muslim? I am a liberal christian, not a fanatic who believes God knows only xtians!
Re: Request For Buhari's Video On Sharia Implementation by yeswecan(m): 5:34pm On Jan 15, 2011
I am not a christian - now you understand me more - - huh.  Your analogy is just dumb - he did not chair the lunching of a koran but a book on enforcement of sharia law, not all Muslims believe in Sharia but the fundamentalist. To compare the sharia law book and Bible shows your level of reasoning.

Are you re.tard or you are just blindly campaigning for this fanatic.
Re: Request For Buhari's Video On Sharia Implementation by yeswecan(m): 5:37pm On Jan 15, 2011
Sharia law is strictly for islamic fanatics. I do not oppose Buhari because he is a Muslim but because he advocates sharia law/ amputation of people's hand. How is he different from a Taliban?
Re: Request For Buhari's Video On Sharia Implementation by Olaedo1: 5:38pm On Jan 15, 2011
Re: Request For Buhari's Video On Sharia Implementation by hercules07: 5:40pm On Jan 15, 2011
@yeswecan

All muslims believe in the Sharia, they are just sensible enough to know that it can not be practised in a society that has several religions. Buhari chairing a book on the Sharia is a normal event, abi, if you are called to chair an event in which a book is being released on canon laws and the christian jurispudence as a christian you go say no?
Re: Request For Buhari's Video On Sharia Implementation by safariSA: 5:49pm On Jan 15, 2011
Hercules 07

Now you can see how devoted this muslim called yeswecan understands sharia. I have lost hope on him. thought he was a christian hence i called him an christian fundamentalist. Now I don't even know where to place him.

What a hopeless mind who sees nothing beyond religion in this matter
Re: Request For Buhari's Video On Sharia Implementation by yeswecan(m): 5:53pm On Jan 15, 2011
hercules07:

@yeswecan

All muslims believe in the Sharia, they are just sensible enough to know that it can not be practised in a society that has several religions. Buhari chairing a book on the Sharia is a normal event, abi, if you are called to chair an event in which a book is being released on canon laws and the christian jurispudence as a christian you go say no?

The book was calling for the practice of Sharia and you think what?  Lets get down to the logic of this - i cannot be called to chair the lunching of a piece that promotes what i do not advocate. Buhari chairing a book on the Sharia is yes a normal thing because he is simply a religious fanatic. simple. Anyone that is sensible enough to know that sharia can not be practiced will not join to spread the course- especially a controversial subject like Sharia in a mixed Nigeria.

Religious fanaticism makes one unreasonable - so i guess Buhari falls into this category and not those who are sensible enough to know that it can not be practiced. And this is a presidential aspirant.
Re: Request For Buhari's Video On Sharia Implementation by yeswecan(m): 5:55pm On Jan 15, 2011
safari SA:

Hercules 07

Now you can see how devoted this muslim called yeswecan understands sharia. I have lost hope on him. thought he was a christian hence i called him an christian fundamentalist. Now I don't even know where to place him.

What a hopeless mind who sees nothing beyond religion in this matter

I am not religious fellow. It is you who sees nothing beyond religion because you labeled me a Muslims cus i said am not a Christians. Does it occur to you that some people are just objective and refuse to see things tru religious lens?
Re: Request For Buhari's Video On Sharia Implementation by hercules07: 5:58pm On Jan 15, 2011
yeswecan

Please go and read up on the Sharia, do not take what you read in the newspapers, read what the prophet says about it, you will know that every muslim is meant to believe in it, Buhari is not a religious fanatic, he is just an uncompromising man. Please seek out articles written by the CBN governor, he also supports Sharia because it is sacred to muslims but he also knows that it is impossible to practise it as a country in naija, by the way I am a Christian.
Re: Request For Buhari's Video On Sharia Implementation by safariSA: 6:02pm On Jan 15, 2011
@yeswecan

I close my case on you. so please you can take your imager slande of Buhari to another thread. I guess you have been on for 5 hours now and yet I can't see anywhere you mentioned your candidate? Jonathan, Ribadu? who?

@ Hercules

Thanks jare. Maybe Sanusi should resign too

Just tired of these guys!
Re: Request For Buhari's Video On Sharia Implementation by yeswecan(m): 6:11pm On Jan 15, 2011
hercules07:

yeswecan

Please go and read up on the Sharia, do not take what you read in the newspapers, read what the prophet says about it, you will know that every muslim is meant to believe in it, Buhari is not a religious fanatic, he is just an uncompromising man. Please seek out articles written by the CBN governor, he also supports Sharia because it is sacred to muslims but he also knows that it is impossible to practise it as a country in naija, by the way I am a Christian.

There is no need to state your religion. I am a Christian also - just said i wasn't to make [b]safari SA [/b]see reasons cus am not speaking as a christian but as a concerned Nigeria. It is obvious safari is either Buhari himself or part of his campaign squad - but i am yet to hear a lucid compelling case.

@safari SA

You have to close your case on me cus i got you butt wanting
Re: Request For Buhari's Video On Sharia Implementation by hercules07: 6:15pm On Jan 15, 2011
@yeswecan

I stated my religion to let you know that I am not some rabid fanatic, as for me and my household, we are voting Buhari and Fashola
Re: Request For Buhari's Video On Sharia Implementation by safariSA: 6:17pm On Jan 15, 2011
@yeswecan

Oh! you are now a christian? Na wao, confused i guess. means I was right with my tag 'Christian Fundamentalist'!  you have no objective lens man, cannon lens you have

Thumbs up hercules07

I told them the islamic tag will not work in 2011, I was once like yeswecan up till september last year when someone challenged me to do research on Buhari. and i am better for it. Nigerians know better now and we shall see in april
Re: Request For Buhari's Video On Sharia Implementation by Ibime(m): 6:19pm On Jan 15, 2011
Yeswecan was one of those shouting "Sharia fundamentalist" at Sanusi.

All na old story being replayed.
Re: Request For Buhari's Video On Sharia Implementation by yeswecan(m): 6:30pm On Jan 15, 2011
@safari SA

I thought you are off this place . . and to label me a 'Christian Fundamentalist' because i pointed out the fanatical trait in Buhari is not fair.

@Ibime that's not fair because we all suspected Sanusi from the way he conducted his duties.
Re: Request For Buhari's Video On Sharia Implementation by mbulela: 6:47pm On Jan 15, 2011
yeswecan:

@Ibime that's not fair because[b] we [/b]all suspected Sanusi from the way he conducted his duties.
that is a very rash assumption.
those who held (and still hold) that opinion are probably in the minority.
Re: Request For Buhari's Video On Sharia Implementation by safariSA: 7:37pm On Jan 15, 2011
@ yeswecan, jakumo & co

Thank, I finally got a Buhari convert today, but he had to do researches on his own.

I leave you guys with the excerpts from a buhari interview below

Question: General, I hope you’re aware that some years ago there was a controversy around a statement credited to you somewhere in Sokoto state in which you are reported to have said that Muslims should vote for Muslims. Now whether you were misquoted or not, whether you were misrepresented or not, that has caused some anxiety and some concern, understandably, to some Christians in the south of the country, in the Middle Belt, even in the north itself. So how do you intend to sell your candidacy to those people who have perceived you wrongly or rightly as a sectional candidate who is popular in the North because he is seen as the champion of Islam and Sharia? How do you propose to appeal to people who are concerned legitimately and anxious about you being a president who will implement Sharia nationally or who will limit the rights of Christians and promote the interest of Muslims? I want you to speak to those people.

General Buhari: Well, that perception remains. I know in 2003 I wrote to many Bishops and I could recall I visited (inaudible) in 2003 and 2007. As you said, it happened in Sokoto in 2000 before I participated in elections. The person who reported me by tribe is a Yoruba man, by religion a Muslim. He was not in Sokoto and does not understand Hausa, maybe he still doesn’t. How he got the story I don’t know. And the comment I made was that people in Sokoto know their people, that when the ban on politics is lifted they should choose the people that will represent them responsibly. This is common sense: if someone aspires to rule this country, he cannot afford to offend even pagans or even atheists—those who don’t even believe in God. These are the people that will vote. How can I say Muslims should not vote for Christians? Then do I expect Christians to vote me, a Muslim? I wrote to the Bishops. I explained to them, but I think, as you mentioned, perception, people hold on to their perception. Even the church leaders were careful to explain to their flock that there is no way any leader will, at the federal level, antagonize any of the religions. So, I wrote to the Bishops to explain but I am still very surprised that the perception remains.

So there is nothing I can do about it, but I will continue to explain my position. And I have backed it by facts that I have served the country’s military for 25 years. I did all the command and staff work, as a platoon commander to General Officer Commanding and the only still surviving officers that commanded three of the four commands in the Nigerian Army. And the Nigerian Army is about 75% Christian and nobody has ever said I took a decision against anybody because of his religion or his tribe. There are other tribes in the whole command. So, if for politically it sticks that I don’t like Christians, well it is very very unfortunate, but my performance in office at all stages has portrayed me as an impartial person, and I have believe that whoever is still bringing that case up, for whatever vote, will definitely fail in a free and fair election. The question of me being a sharia advocate and a hater of Christians has never happened and it will certainly fail.

1 Like

Re: Request For Buhari's Video On Sharia Implementation by gangar(m): 7:45pm On Jan 15, 2011
Sharia and Sharia practice is for moslems. If you agree to be a moslem, than there is no two way about it. That is not to say that pro sharia should implement on a non moslem!!! The constitution of Nigeria is clear on Religion its practice and implementation. Whoever is trying to bring Sharia into campaign is being mischievous or has no understanding of what it means. Please discuss other topics like corruption, unemployment, niger delta, boko haram, insecurity and other real issuesgrin grin grin
Re: Request For Buhari's Video On Sharia Implementation by yeswecan(m): 7:48pm On Jan 15, 2011
Safari you came to this platform to preach Buhari yet you haven't made a case for him, apart from been an islamic fanatic, this guy is a coupist, a one time president almost 30 yrs ago from the same military gang in the plate of IBB and OBJ. Is this really the best we can offer? Why not canvass for Ribadu if you need a real change.
Re: Request For Buhari's Video On Sharia Implementation by safariSA: 8:31pm On Jan 15, 2011
@gangar

dont understand you. so where is it stated that sharia must be implemented on non-muslims?

@yeswecan

Ribadu is my second option, but he will commit same mistakes Buhari committed in 1983, a young,incorruptible man who will go to the extreme fight corruption. i'll rather prefer the older version of him. Old men, including women like Golda Mier of Israel did well as presidents!
Re: Request For Buhari's Video On Sharia Implementation by Jarus(m): 9:07pm On Jan 15, 2011
Like has been mentioned up there, the same scenario played out in the Sanusi case.
Sanusi was an Islamic scholar, holds a degree in Islamic studies, from Sudan for that matter, prays five times daily, contributes to Islamic debates, wrote extensively on Sharia. Now, did that affect his efficiency as CBN boss, as boss of a secular institution?

Was it only the Muslims that benefitted from his reforms? Are Muslims the depositors and shareholders of Oceanic and co whose savings were about to go down the drain before Sanusi's intervention? Are Muslims teh only one that will benefit from the Sanusi's whistle blowing-trigerred cut in NASS budget in 2011 budget?

Did Buhari Islamize Nigeria when he was Military president and had almost absolute power(decree) on what happened? Not to talk of now that his major decisions will be subject to scrutiny by other arms and in fact the generality of Nigerians.

Buhari antagonists should tell us another story, please.
Re: Request For Buhari's Video On Sharia Implementation by Nobody: 9:37pm On Jan 15, 2011
Safari, I have not read all the replies to your original post but I can direct you to a video in which Buhari answers the question on his participation in the book launching. This should keep those raising that issue quiet.

Check out the vanguards website, think its www.vanguardngr.com , go to the politics section and look for the article on Buhari. Just saw it this morning so it should still be there. Sorry I couldnt provide the link but i'm travelling and my battery is low.
Re: Request For Buhari's Video On Sharia Implementation by Abdollar1: 10:01pm On Jan 15, 2011
"Sharia law is strictly for islamic fanatics. I do not oppose Buhari because he is a Muslim but because he advocates sharia law/ amputation of people's hand. How is he different from a Taliban?"

@Yeswecan- with the statement above, it show that you are not a muslim or you know nothing about Islam. Hw dare you divorce sharia law from Islam and even mentioning that Buhari chaired the sitting of sharia law and not the koran. So what is the source of sharia law?  the dictionary I think,
Better be silent than saying rubish. If you don't like the man, please face it and stop displaying your stupidity.
Re: Request For Buhari's Video On Sharia Implementation by Nobody: 10:37pm On Jan 15, 2011
Here we are!!

vanguardngr.com/2011/01/buhari’s-burden-of-public-perception/
Re: Request For Buhari's Video On Sharia Implementation by Nobody: 10:38pm On Jan 15, 2011
Here we are!!

vanguardngr.com/2011/01/buhari’s-burden-of-public-perception/
Re: Request For Buhari's Video On Sharia Implementation by yeswecan(m): 10:51pm On Jan 15, 2011
Ab-dollar:

"Sharia law is strictly for islamic fanatics. I do not oppose Buhari because he is a Muslim but because he advocates sharia law/ amputation of people's hand. How is he different from a Taliban?"

@Yeswecan- with the statement above, it show that you are not a muslim or you know nothing about Islam. Hw dare you divorce sharia law from Islam and even mentioning that Buhari chaired the sitting of sharia law and not the koran. So what is the source of sharia law?  the dictionary I think,
Better be silent than saying rubish. If you don't like the man, please face it and stop displaying your stupidity.

Who is this gay? You registered today - 2 post safari SA in a disguising name. Your terrorist friend will never lead this country, get that into your impressionable head.
Re: Request For Buhari's Video On Sharia Implementation by Abdollar1: 11:03pm On Jan 15, 2011
"Who is this gay? " Your gay lover,   cheesy
"You registered today - 2 post safari SA in a disguising name". - Wel  I register cos I can't stand  My Gay  lover displaying hs ignorance publicly.
"Your terrorist friend will never lead this country, get that into your impressionable head" Terrorist indeed, now I see your school of thought.
By the way tell the first Surah in the Holy Koran Mr Moderate Islam.
Re: Request For Buhari's Video On Sharia Implementation by Abdollar1: 11:11pm On Jan 15, 2011
"not all Muslims believe in Sharia but the fundamentalist" shocked

I can't believe you are saying this.
Re: Request For Buhari's Video On Sharia Implementation by Lagosboy: 11:27pm On Jan 15, 2011
yeswecan:

Who is this gay? You registered today - 2 post safari SA in a disguising name. Your terrorist friend
yeswecan link=topic=586425.msg7539291#msg7539291 date=1295112601:

@safari SA

I thought you are off this place . . and to label me a 'Christian Fundamentalist' because i pointed out the fanatical trait in Buhari is not fair.

@Ibime that's not fair because we all suspected Sanusi from the way he conducted his duties.
will never lead this country, get that into your impressionable head.

I remember engaging you in discussion on the Sanusi case and now you are tactifully back tracking . Stop this religous bigotry as it will lead us no where. Calling A former head of state and probably the best Nigeria ever had a terrorist shows your level of intellectual depth (forgive me please for this).

Try to be obective and the Sanusi scenario should be a lesson for you to retrace your steps. No on is asking you to vote Buhari but to lie against him and tag him an amputee advocate is plain disgusting.
Re: Request For Buhari's Video On Sharia Implementation by yeswecan(m): 11:32pm On Jan 15, 2011
Ab-dollar:

"not all Muslims believe in Sharia but the fundamentalist"  shocked

I can't believe you are saying this.

If you want to be civil and constructive am game.  It is only an islamic fundamentalist that would invest in sharia course given the reality of diversity in Nigeria, hence it is safe to say your friend (Buhari) is one, to have chaired an event that calls for Sharia implementation.

If we decide to keep that apart - tell me on what bases do you endorse Buhari if you do? A man of almost 70 from the dustbin of military dictators that plotted a coup and discarded an infant democracy, is this the best we have? tell me. These shameless men (Buhari and IBB) should leave politics and do something else, they should drop the influence and allow young ideas into the scene - this is why i canvass Ribadu. I will prefer Gej to Buhari even though i know he is a disaster waiting to unfold. The idea of having a past dictator from resurfacing is just absurd.

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Untold Benefits Of Being A Nigerian Lawmaker’s Aide! / PICTURES From Dana Aircraft Crash | No Indication Of Survivals / Civil Service Reforms: What Happened To The Oronsaye Committee Report?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.