Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,188 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:44 AM

Whereabouts Of 15 Chinese Medical Experts, Who Arrived In Nigeria, Unknown - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Whereabouts Of 15 Chinese Medical Experts, Who Arrived In Nigeria, Unknown (377 Views)

See The First Voters Who Arrived To Board Reno Omokris Democracy Buses / Confusion Trails Whereabouts Of Sacked DSS Boss, Lawal Daura / Leaked Whereabouts Of Nnamdi Kanu Has Vindicated Our Position, Says IPOB (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Whereabouts Of 15 Chinese Medical Experts, Who Arrived In Nigeria, Unknown by Horus(m): 7:44pm On May 17, 2020
Coronavirus: Whereabouts of 15 Chinese medical experts, who arrived in Nigeria in early April, unknown

Authorities in Nigeria say the whereabouts of a team of 15 Chinese medical experts who arrived the country in early April is not known to the government.

The Chinese team who travelled to Nigeria to support the country’s fight against coronavirus had been received at the airport by government officials, including Health Minister Osagie Ehanire.

But on Thursday, a frustrated Mr Ehanire told reporters that the experts were guests of a Chinese construction company handling several high-profile projects in Nigeria and that not all of them were doctors, as he had heard that some of were technicians who are staff of the company.

“There seems to be a lot of interest in these doctors but they are staff of a company. I would be very happy if you do not ask me where they are,” he told reporters.

“They are not really our guests in that sense but we have been able to learn some things from them. We shared ideas of what they did in their country in managing Covid-19.”

Mr Ehanire’s statement seems to be at odds with that of Information Minister Lai Mohammed, who last week told reporters that the Chinese doctors were already working at different isolation centres across the country where they were “helping our doctors in capacity building”.

https://www.k24tv.co.ke/news/coronavirus-whereabouts-of-15-chinese-medical-experts-who-arrived-in-nigeria-in-early-april-unknown-21007/

www.nairaland.com/attachments/11403959_chinesedoctors640x3611_jpegd61af680ef52be1c417dba8a597056b1
Re: Whereabouts Of 15 Chinese Medical Experts, Who Arrived In Nigeria, Unknown by ProfOlu(m): 7:49pm On May 17, 2020
Horus:
Coronavirus: Whereabouts of 15 Chinese medical experts, who arrived in Nigeria in early April, unknown

Authorities in Nigeria say the whereabouts of a team of 15 Chinese medical experts who arrived the country in early April is not known to the government.

The Chinese team who travelled to Nigeria to support the country’s fight against coronavirus had been received at the airport by government officials, including Health Minister Osagie Ehanire.

But on Thursday, a frustrated Mr Ehanire told reporters that the experts were guests of a Chinese construction company handling several high-profile projects in Nigeria and that not all of them were doctors, as he had heard that some of were technicians who are staff of the company.

“There seems to be a lot of interest in these doctors but they are staff of a company. I would be very happy if you do not ask me where they are,” he told reporters.

“They are not really our guests in that sense but we have been able to learn some things from them. We shared ideas of what they did in their country in managing Covid-19.”

Mr Ehanire’s statement seems to be at odds with that of Information Minister Lai Mohammed, who last week told reporters that the Chinese doctors were already working at different isolation centres across the country where they were “helping our doctors in capacity building”.

https://www.k24tv.co.ke/news/coronavirus-whereabouts-of-15-chinese-medical-experts-who-arrived-in-nigeria-in-early-april-unknown-21007/

www.nairaland.com/attachments/11403959_chinesedoctors640x3611_jpegd61af680ef52be1c417dba8a597056b1

Nigeria is the headquarter of comedy
Re: Whereabouts Of 15 Chinese Medical Experts, Who Arrived In Nigeria, Unknown by Horus(m): 8:00pm On May 17, 2020

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rq39Ph-u0iQ

Nigeria's Health Minister Osagie Ehanire Not Aware of Whereabouts of Chinese Doctors
Re: Whereabouts Of 15 Chinese Medical Experts, Who Arrived In Nigeria, Unknown by Kdon2: 8:11pm On May 17, 2020
Horus:

I have a feeling if any world power wants to cause havoc in Africa Nigeria ll be their planning HQ.

1 Like

Re: Whereabouts Of 15 Chinese Medical Experts, Who Arrived In Nigeria, Unknown by ProfOlu(m): 8:22pm On May 17, 2020
Horus:

Those guys were brought to Nigeria for another package.

1 Like

Re: Whereabouts Of 15 Chinese Medical Experts, Who Arrived In Nigeria, Unknown by Horus(m): 8:26pm On May 17, 2020
Kdon2:

I have a feeling if any world power wants to cause havoc in Africa Nigeria ll be their planning HQ.

I suspect that the 15 Chinese are not medical experts; They may be in Nigeria to spread the virus
Re: Whereabouts Of 15 Chinese Medical Experts, Who Arrived In Nigeria, Unknown by Kdon2: 8:38pm On May 17, 2020
Horus:

I suspect that the 15 Chinese are not medical experts; They may be in Nigeria to spread the virus

In Nigeria anything is possible with the kind of leadership we have.

1 Like

Re: Whereabouts Of 15 Chinese Medical Experts, Who Arrived In Nigeria, Unknown by Horus(m): 9:02pm On May 18, 2020

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JBmAFcjhar4

FG Declares Chinese Medical Experts Whereabouts Unknown

In a surprising turn of events, the Federal Government has said it does not know the whereabouts of the Chinese doctors and technicians who came into the country to assist Nigeria in fighting the COVID 19 pandemic on the invitation of the government
Re: Whereabouts Of 15 Chinese Medical Experts, Who Arrived In Nigeria, Unknown by Myhusband(m): 9:10pm On May 18, 2020
Horus:

No they'll came to rescue Abba kyari and other thieves but unfortunately they left after the big thief went to meet his maker

(1) (Reply)

Lagos Doctors Begins Indefinite Sit-at-home Strike To Protest Police Harassment / President Buhari Loses Second Nephew In 23 Days / Ayade Swears-in Council Chairmen With N11.38 Billion Take Off Fund

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.