Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,013 members, 7,817,986 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:57 AM

Have You Ever Had A Terrible Urge To Defecate While On A Journey? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Have You Ever Had A Terrible Urge To Defecate While On A Journey? (376 Views)

4.3 Million People Defecate Openly In Oyo — UNICEF / 48 Million Nigerians Still Defecate Openly – FG / I Feel Pain Anytime I Defecate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Have You Ever Had A Terrible Urge To Defecate While On A Journey? by drlaykay(m): 7:54pm On May 17, 2020
I had a bitter experience last year, 30th November. I went for a friend's wedding on the mainland.Taking buses will ease the whole, as I could drop and take bikes at intervals or trek a bit just to beat traffic. That was the plan! The venue was almost an outskirt of Lagos. I left home feeling a bit funny, used the toilet that morning, as usual then set out for the wedding.I had decided not to drive to the mainland because most of the roads were under construction which caused much traffic.. And I strongly believe that was the worst decision I took last year.

I took the lightest of meal at the party because I wasn't really comfy with myself. As I was about leaving for home, I started feeling pressed. There was a toilet at the hall but I refused to use it. I said I would return home in 2hrs and believed I could hold myself. I detest public toilets no matter how clean.

After just about 10 minutes into the journey, reality was dawning on me. I dropped from a Napep, walked a few distance and was to take the next bus to oshodi. That was supposed to be a 20 minutes drive. I felt so pressed that I couldn't continue the journey.I had to start looking for where to deposit. I approached a public toilet the mobile plastic—made toilets, that was my first time going close to the facility.
I asked the woman if the place was neat and she said "yes". As i sighted the interior of the toilet, unconsciously, I screamed " Never".The lady looked at me like " e never catch u well"

I left there, approached a filling station, begged to use their toilet, but I was told they had no water. I suggested buying bags of pure water but it made no sense to the guy. I approached a pharmacy, the shop was too busy, flooded with many customers, the pharmacist were sealed up within a space guarded by a tough burglary proof. Just like the woman with an issue of blood, I knew if only I could approach any of them, speak some medical language, I would be delivered. But they were too busy with their clients and I won't like to join the queue nor get embarrassed for jumping the queue.

I decided to take a risk; boarded a bus going to oshodi. It was supposed to be a 15 to 20 minutes drive. But trust me, that was the longest journey of my life. The first bus wasn't getting filled up on time, a normal me would have been patient but I had to act smart and get on the almost-ready bus. I sat on the back seat sandwished between 2 guys.

Each second, I found myself looking through the windows, left and right, trying to locate the next possible and suitable place to drop.I was restless and sweating profusely as I paced in my small confinement. I wonder why the guys didn't call me to order because i was as restless as a woman in labour. I saw different places I thought were suitable as we drove in speed. A bar/brothel, numerous filling stations, a hospital etc. But before deciding to drop, we must have driven far from the point. On about 2 or 3 occasions, I screamed that the driver should drop me. Maybe it was my imagination or the faeces got stuck in my throat. But the driver never heard me and the people around didn't act like they heard as well.

The guy beside me alighted the bus at PWD busstop. The conversation he had on phone was indicating that he was going home. I almost begged to follow him home. But I decided not to as I was just about 4 minutes from oshodi where I believed I would see eateries.

It was already dark before getting to Oshodi. Oshodi is the worst environment anyone with my predicament would want to be. No single eatery in sight. Just very busy petty traders engrossed with their trading. I decided to ask where i would find a public toilet. The same plastic one was where I was directed to. The first one i saw was way neater but this time I had no choice. The attendant requested for money before using the facility. I gave her 1k note then she asked me to go back that she had no change.
I didnt even answer! I met the place messed, I had to pause, they cleaned it shabbily then I used it. Damn it, all I passed was a watery stool less than 15mls. I had the best feeling in the world like someone who just got a debt relief.

I boarded the final bus to my house. Should be about an hour 10 minutes journey. I was so calm on the bus and didn't mutter a word. My legs were still shaking and I was still soaked in my sweat. I was like one with a PTSD.

Finally, after about 20 minutes into the journey, I uttered my first sentence to my neighbor.
I said "bros, shit don hold you for journey before?".
grin cheesy grin

If I had driven down, I would have packed at a cool spot, get a polythene bag, do my thing jejely, lock it in my car booth then dispose at home.

Share your own experience.

4 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Had A Terrible Urge To Defecate While On A Journey? by Aboks(m): 8:00pm On May 17, 2020
It ain't easy I was travelling from port Harcourt to yola at katsina-ala I was the only one sweating while others were feeling cold, I was like driver u no go stop make person find something to eat

because of one yeye stomach cleanser wan disgrace me for public
Re: Have You Ever Had A Terrible Urge To Defecate While On A Journey? by dontali(m): 8:58pm On May 17, 2020
You just remind me of what happen some years back when I was traveling from Ibadan to warri.

Don't know what motivated me to buy plaintain chip and lacasera at Ore, after I'm done with both of them some minutes later it started. stomach started rumbling, I just know say na shit tinx, after I have bear and all my anus was breathing I couldn't bear no longer had to confess to the driving to find somewhere to stop that I want to shit, na so full bus turn face me, while some was complaining others was saying it's better I said it without shame o.

Back to the driver: he said I should just have patient a little that their pack is somewhere close by at benin, as bus stop, man I no reach the toilet before I start pull trouser. that day was really horrific.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Had A Terrible Urge To Defecate While On A Journey? by qeemus: 9:18pm On May 17, 2020
It happened to me while going to work one early morning. I visited the toilet before leaving home, but nothing came out.

I got to the bus stop and boarded a bus to the island. Few minutes into the journey my stomach started rumbling. I tried holding it, but every gallop the car entered made my situation worse. I was sweating early in the morning.

When I eventually couldn't hold it, I shouted at the driver to stop, unfortunately he didn't stop till he got to the next bus stop, (car wash bus stop for those familiar with mainland-vi shuttle).

I jumped down immediately and went to the back of the bus stop, covered my face with my suit and relieved myself. I removed my socks and whipped my behind in the absence of tissue paper.

The relief that came after can not be described.
Re: Have You Ever Had A Terrible Urge To Defecate While On A Journey? by shollish(m): 3:26pm On May 18, 2020
Never

(1) (Reply)

Help!!!!! Urgent Need Of A Hepatologist / Candida Albican/yeast And Tube Blockage / Mysterious Disease Kills 15 Youths In Delta Community

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.