Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,873 members, 7,828,113 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:15 AM

Welcome To Fire, Prof Gambari - Simon Kolawole - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Welcome To Fire, Prof Gambari - Simon Kolawole (22274 Views)

The Change That Never Was By Simon Kolawole / Now That The North Has Found Oil By Simon Kolawole / Simon Kolawole Denies Authoring 'On Peter Obi, Let Us Verify!' Article (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Welcome To Fire, Prof Gambari - Simon Kolawole by Jonah507(m): 10:54am On May 18, 2020
Fire?

I don't just understand what he meant
Re: Welcome To Fire, Prof Gambari - Simon Kolawole by ednut1(m): 10:55am On May 18, 2020
Too long. Much ado about nothing

1 Like

Re: Welcome To Fire, Prof Gambari - Simon Kolawole by InvertedHammer: 10:56am On May 18, 2020
/
One thing about Buhari is that he has always been a figurehead leader just like Shehu Shagari. The second-in-command does all the work while he takes all the credit. From Idiagbon to Salihijo(PTF) to Kyari, he lets the professionalism of others mask his incompetence. However, I give him credit for pulling that off. The writer must be a good student of Nigerian history.

\

1 Like

Re: Welcome To Fire, Prof Gambari - Simon Kolawole by SocialJustice: 10:57am On May 18, 2020
Who cares about the workload provided dude is getting paid.
Re: Welcome To Fire, Prof Gambari - Simon Kolawole by honestivo(m): 10:57am On May 18, 2020
Some body that was against a Democratic government, is now benefiting from Democracy .where is nemesis, Gambari is here oh
Re: Welcome To Fire, Prof Gambari - Simon Kolawole by SocialJustice: 10:57am On May 18, 2020
ednut1:
Too long. Much ado about nothing
True.
Re: Welcome To Fire, Prof Gambari - Simon Kolawole by Sososo(f): 10:59am On May 18, 2020
If his head is fit to wear the crown then he should be ready for the fire that comes from the crown.
Re: Welcome To Fire, Prof Gambari - Simon Kolawole by janedonez(m): 10:59am On May 18, 2020
I can only wish him well. And wait for my own turn
Re: Welcome To Fire, Prof Gambari - Simon Kolawole by FrankAkowe: 11:01am On May 18, 2020
Any political office in Nigeria is fire.
Re: Welcome To Fire, Prof Gambari - Simon Kolawole by ephpremvl: 11:01am On May 18, 2020
Babatunde40:
If you read all through that post, send me your CV. You need a job

For real or just joking.
Re: Welcome To Fire, Prof Gambari - Simon Kolawole by SeriouslySense(m): 11:02am On May 18, 2020
I enjoyed reading the introduction of the article.
Re: Welcome To Fire, Prof Gambari - Simon Kolawole by Whois(m): 11:04am On May 18, 2020
Interesting
Re: Welcome To Fire, Prof Gambari - Simon Kolawole by phenzy(m): 11:05am On May 18, 2020
Nice article sir

1 Like

Re: Welcome To Fire, Prof Gambari - Simon Kolawole by apexc8711: 11:07am On May 18, 2020
Re: Welcome To Fire, Prof Gambari - Simon Kolawole by Nobody: 11:11am On May 18, 2020
Buh ari
Ky ari
Gamb ari

Do you see what they have in common?
Re: Welcome To Fire, Prof Gambari - Simon Kolawole by Ayodejiiii(m): 11:13am On May 18, 2020
Check my signature
Re: Welcome To Fire, Prof Gambari - Simon Kolawole by jaxxy(m): 11:22am On May 18, 2020
Hmmm. I am only concerned about the work and getting the job done in the best interest of the country.
Re: Welcome To Fire, Prof Gambari - Simon Kolawole by tamdun: 11:33am On May 18, 2020
datola:
In Yoruba, Gambari also implies- a nonentity, but this Gambari is a 'know it all' with his intimidating CV.

Some of those opposed to the choice of Gambari have raised historical issues: how he defended the military regime of Gen Sani Abacha, how he failed to team up with NADECO (in his position as Nigeria’s permanent representative to the UN) to help fight Abacha and how he made nasty comments about the judicial murder of Ken Saro-Wiwa. Some people feel strongly about these issues. I doubt Buhari is bothered. Some have gone a step further by calling Gambari a “Fulani jihadist” for being born in Ilorin. These are signals that he will surely face fire. However, someone who has endured taunts of “Gambari pa Fulani” in his life must have developed antibodies by now.

For me, these are attributes Buhari wanted in a loyal and trusted Chief Of Staff.

Gambari is not a yoruba word
Re: Welcome To Fire, Prof Gambari - Simon Kolawole by JamiuKabir: 11:33am On May 18, 2020
Babatunde40:

I did. How much will you pay me for the job?
Re: Welcome To Fire, Prof Gambari - Simon Kolawole by 9icepady(m): 11:43am On May 18, 2020
Devil go just the push some people to their early grave

Re: Welcome To Fire, Prof Gambari - Simon Kolawole by thatsleepboy1: 11:44am On May 18, 2020
Here comes another akuko ifo
Re: Welcome To Fire, Prof Gambari - Simon Kolawole by sapientia(m): 11:50am On May 18, 2020
Very interesting write up.

Reading should be this easy.
Re: Welcome To Fire, Prof Gambari - Simon Kolawole by joefelin2345: 12:12pm On May 18, 2020
honestivo:
Some body that was against a Democratic government, is now benefiting from Democracy .where is nemesis, Gambari is here oh
My brother how many of them that are enjoying the dividend of Democracy actually participated in the struggle. With exception of very individuals from the Eastern n Northern parts of the country, majority of of them saw the fight for Democratic rules as a Yoruba thong simply becos Late MKO Abiola was a Yoruba man. Even people like OBJ fought against him
So is there is nemesis or karma, not only Prof Gambari would be affected.

1 Like

Re: Welcome To Fire, Prof Gambari - Simon Kolawole by OkeOladimeji: 12:13pm On May 18, 2020
You first paragraph sold you out..it's clear your target is against a tribe or people. In doing so with you introduction it's clear you are all out to attack a people in defence of the subject on the article.

Your fears are evident and your interest clears as the day light as well. You seem to want to let people know that Gambari is being attacked because of prejudice or his name or where he came from and his CV is intimidating as well.

That might be true in your eyes, bit you need to learn to write in a more holistic manner.
Re: Welcome To Fire, Prof Gambari - Simon Kolawole by wiseoneking: 12:25pm On May 18, 2020
Re: Welcome To Fire, Prof Gambari - Simon Kolawole by Saint83(m): 12:26pm On May 18, 2020
Someone should explain for me biko
Re: Welcome To Fire, Prof Gambari - Simon Kolawole by DaddyGngeess(m): 12:40pm On May 18, 2020
Babatunde40:

Hahahahaha
Re: Welcome To Fire, Prof Gambari - Simon Kolawole by AnanseK(m): 12:41pm On May 18, 2020
datola:
In Yoruba, Gambari also implies- a nonentity, but this Gambari is a 'know it all' with his intimidating CV.

Some of those opposed to the choice of Gambari have raised historical issues: how he defended the military regime of Gen Sani Abacha, how he failed to team up with NADECO (in his position as Nigeria’s permanent representative to the UN) to help fight Abacha and how he made nasty comments about the judicial murder of Ken Saro-Wiwa. Some people feel strongly about these issues. I doubt Buhari is bothered. Some have gone a step further by calling Gambari a “Fulani jihadist” for being born in Ilorin. These are signals that he will surely face fire. However, someone who has endured taunts of “Gambari pa Fulani” in his life must have developed antibodies by now.

For me, these attributes plus being an ancient are what Buhari wanted in a loyal and trusted Chief Of Staff.

There is nothing to make dance and song about the name Gambari just because of Yoruba chauvinism.

Alade is a Yoruba name . But “ Alade “ means “ pig” or “swine” in hausa . So imagine someone coming to kano and introducing himself as Alade.
Re: Welcome To Fire, Prof Gambari - Simon Kolawole by Mankezi(m): 12:42pm On May 18, 2020
story story
my brain couldn't Carry me reach the end of
the story
Re: Welcome To Fire, Prof Gambari - Simon Kolawole by wink2015(m): 12:43pm On May 18, 2020
GAMBARI go dey DUSTY NAM BA RI !

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Vote Out Jonathan, He Is Self-Centred – Timipre Sylva / Two Traffickers Excrete 191 Pellets Of Cocaine, Heroin At Lagos Airport / Umahi: Igbo People Are Responsible For Killings In South-East, Not Fulani

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.