Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,971 members, 7,821,405 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:31 PM

Ibb Out, Atiku Lost, Is My Strategic Analysis Correct ? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ibb Out, Atiku Lost, Is My Strategic Analysis Correct ? (985 Views)

Obj's Reaction When He heard Atiku lost (PIX) / We Will Fight It Out- Atiku Tells Buhari And Others / APC To Adopt Buhari As Consensus Candidate, Plans To Scheme Out Atiku (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ibb Out, Atiku Lost, Is My Strategic Analysis Correct ? by banom(m): 6:30pm On Jan 15, 2011
I made the post below some months ago when IBB and his cohorts where ranting their zoning sentiments , with what later happened , do you consider my analysis correct ?, because i am about to say how the general election will play out, and what i am about to say will be too surprising to many, ( see my past analysis on IBB below)

banom:

I saw a post where babaerly was talking about his ridiculous " One reason We Need Ibrahim babangida  as president "  Though i think he was either high or drunk or simply wanted to have some fun by telling us that we need to vote for IBB because he is chop i Chop, a good reason indeed,

The following was my response to him and his cohorts and what i see about the mess and doom IBB is heading to. The thread can be found here. https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-513456.0.html

Honestly, as an IBB supporter, i believe you either do not know what you just said or you are making a fool of IBB himself, IBB is one candidate who's campaign is strongly based on Tribal or regional power shifting sentiments ( PDP ZONING) and you are here talking about Ethnocentric and sentimental political ideologies,

I am an election campaign strategist, and studying the  current election situation and how the many contestants are strategizing to win this 2011 election, it is obvious that IBB's campaign started on a very wrong path,

See how IBB plans to win, he intends to use the PDP agreed zoning arrangement to rally the majority of northerners to his side, and been the most powerful and influential contestant from the North, he can easily shuffle the other contestants from the north and get them to back down for him, if this works perfectly, it will bring him a lot of votes from the north, but this will not be enough to win the presidential election, on the other hand, he needs to get a good vote from the south as well, but he has a hopeless case here, it is obvious 70% of Yorubas will vote for a Dog or donkey in 2011 election  than voting for IBB, while  90% of Niger Deltans will prefer to die or tear Nigeria apart than voting for  any other candidate except president Goodluck Jonathan, so the only southern part he has a fair ground to get a good Vote to add up to any vote he will get from the North is In Igbo land, and this he hopes to get by talking about the post Biafran war situation of the Igbos and promising to hand over powerto them in 2015,

His strategy is based on emotional sentiment than anything strong or brilliant, and this can easily be countered and defeated by a superior and more brilliant and practical strategy , Some analyst have tried to analyze IBB's chances of victory in this 2011 election, they listed his strength and weaknesses, but this is a  list of some superfluous qualities they think will play out well for or against him in this election. one of such analysis is that his strengths are experience, Charisma and Dynamism and his weaknesses are june 12, Delegiwa, 12 billion dollar oil windfall and so on, all these are needless  and wont take him far or work much against him, 

The problem with some election battles like this is that once you have committed to some positions and issues, you cant back down again, and going further with some certain issues will hurt you than helping you, IBB's campaign started from the horns of a dilemma , his campaign is not seductive and is filled with unnecessary or negative sentiments,  thinking he will get the votes of the Igbos by bringing up the issues of Biafran war and handing over power to the Igbos in 2015  is hopeless and silly to say the least, this can easily be countered by asking him why 2015 for the Igbos ?, why not now  ? the northerners have held it for 39 years , why do they want another 4 years at the expense of people who have not enjoyed it for a single day,  is that not cheating and greediness ?and IBB is a man notorious  for cunning and deception and no one  will take him seriously, on the other hand, trying to get the vote of the northerners by using the PDP zoning sentiment is a negative campaigning that will equally work against him, this can equally be countered by highlighting all the negative sides of Zoning and  making it clear that it will lead Nigeria backward than forward and letting every one know that it is a mere PDP agreement and has no single place in our national constitution, IBB is hoping to get some vote from Niger delta by using a Niger delta man as his running mate, but that is equally hopeless, greater majority of Niger deltans will prefer their son as a president than a vice president, after all, opportunity comes but ones,

Finally, Ibb Has three main weaknesses or opposition in this 2011 election, the Greatest of them is the ambition of president Goodluck Jonathan to remain in office beyond 2011, his power of incumbency, the fact that he is from Niger delta, a region that her resources made the unity and survival of Nigeria possible but have not enjoyed a shot at the leadership of the nation they have been feeding for more than half a century now, even foreign power brokers  will prefer to protect their oil interest in Nigeria by supporting Goodluck Jonathan than supporting IBB and his tribal sentiments that has nothing to benefit them, the second opposition IBB has is his dubious past, having ruled Nigeria in the past for 8 years and Nine months, and with a dirty record of corruption, illegality , murder , dictatorship and denial and betrayal of the most promising democracy in our history, it will be funny to think the same people he denied democracy will elect him as  their "democratic president", and many Nigerians have a hopeless believe that most of their problems is from their past leaders and IBB is top on the list , some even call him, evil genius, chop i chop, father of corruption and so on, and they will be too or three glad to try a fresh new leader, his third weakness is a northern choice that the southerners will be satisfied with, even if the northerners will produce the next president of Nigeria, is going to be a candidate that will be agreed by the southerners and the northerners, and every one knows they will never settle for IBB, beside Obasanjo is one past leader of our nation that commands the highest influence in our political affairs, and there is one thing he wouldn't want to see happen in Nigeria,(any president that will take away from him the record of been the person who ruled Nigeria most), and the northerners will care more about a northerner becoming the  president of Nigeria than whom that person is.

IBB has a very slim chance of been the president of Nigeria in 2011, but there is still possibilities for him been elected but it will need a more brilliant, positive and effective campaigning, not the present mess he is doing right now.

Good day fellow country men
Re: Ibb Out, Atiku Lost, Is My Strategic Analysis Correct ? by Pharoh: 6:59pm On Jan 15, 2011
Hmm this was spot on but i think he is not out of the race yet until the end of today which is the deadline for parties to submit their presidential glag bearer. I also followed your calculations whit dora akuyili and i will be looking forward to more, i also want to learn more about strategies in general especially business. You are really good at your job so keep them coming. cool
Re: Ibb Out, Atiku Lost, Is My Strategic Analysis Correct ? by vigasimple(m): 7:16pm On Jan 15, 2011
Election and selection are won or lost by briliant strategies, GEJ has good and sound advice.

People here say GEJ is dull and passive. I tell them that being ambitious and confident is NOT a Northern thing. Look, whether anyone likes it or hate it. The North are very smart politically, they knew that GEJ has locked down SOUTHERN VOTE, from SW to SS and then Indigbo SE., so all he has to do is to pick handful of states in the North, especially Kwara, kogi, Benue, Plateu, Kaduna(home of his VP),  and some unexpected states like Adamawa.

Only God can rule out GEJ in April 2011. He is the best of all the candidates(as of today) because all the Northern candidates are going to be beating the Northern drums once they are in power, we have seen this in Sheu Shagari and Umoru Musa Yar A'dua.

One more thing, if the North play any funning games and anything happens to GEJ like close to what happens to MKO Abiola, the North will NEVER get water from SS not to talk of OIL, and without Oil money, Nigeria cannot function let alone the North

Maybe , we should NOT waste Nigeria money on election except for confirmation like voice vote as they did with ACN RIBADU's primaries.
Re: Ibb Out, Atiku Lost, Is My Strategic Analysis Correct ? by banom(m): 5:02pm On Jan 16, 2011
Pharoh:

You are really good at your job so keep them coming.   cool

Thanks dear , i humbly appreciate your compliments,

Pharoh:

Hmm this was spot on but i think he is not out of the race yet until the end of today which is the deadline for parties to submit their presidential glag bearer. I also followed your calculations whit dora akuyili and i will be looking forward to more, i also want to learn more about strategies in general especially business.  You are really good at your job so keep them coming.   cool

In few days time, i will be making more analysis on the up coming general election, but i will however limit it to prediction of the out come of the elections, i will give my reasons for that, but i wont go as far as explaining the strategies the candidates wants to employ and how it will be countered, such information is too sensitive to make at this time and will be too unprofessional of me.

Pharoh:

, i also want to learn more about strategies in general especially business. 

First of all , Strategy is one thing and business is another thing, it is the integration of both or, better, the application of strategies in business that is called business strategies, In definition strategy is steps employed to achieve a goal, so in Business , they are the steps employed to achieve a business goal, the first step is to set  the goal, a grand or supreme goal , then you craft effective steps that will be followed to achieve the goal in its most rational , dynamic and cost affective form,

It is very broad and requires excellent knowledge of your field , it goes with much reading, critical analysis and evaluation, creative dynamism, emotional intelligence, self mastery and so on, as a business strategist, you are nothing but the driver driving the vehicle of the company to its destination, this is  because the strategies you craft for them is what will lead the company to its objective, and you will be judged only by result .

If you want to become a business strategist, the first step is that you study about business in general, even work in the business to have the experience and maturity needed, then you study about strategy in general too, then bring the two knowledge together or rather apply strategy to achieve a business goal, it is at this point that you can now work as a consultant to firms and business executives or you manage one for yourself.

If you have passion and energy for the profession , then i will advice you to go into it, the job is too lucrative and well respected, in fact, every serious twenty first century firm is been headed by strategist, it is a required knowledge before you can become the CEO of any serious company, and now part of the curriculum in MBA courses in business schools, but never stop with MBA, you may not know it until you get into the DIRTY field of business world, most of the things they teach you in MBA is superficial to say the least. it is generally centered on conventional business theories , and the business world is dirty and unconventional, it is an arena of CAT eat CAT , DOG eat DOG,  I hope you are familiar with the name CECILIA IBRU.

I hope i made things clear, if you still have more questions, do not hesitate to ask me.
Re: Ibb Out, Atiku Lost, Is My Strategic Analysis Correct ? by NewsMonste(m): 9:11pm On Jan 16, 2011
Yes, to both mails and expect our reply within forty eight hours, with more details
newsnation500@yahoo.com or newsmonster7@yahoo.com
Re: Ibb Out, Atiku Lost, Is My Strategic Analysis Correct ? by banom(m): 11:42am On Jan 17, 2011
NewsMonste:

Yes, to both mails and expect our reply within forty eight hours, with more details
newsnation500@yahoo.com or newsmonster7@yahoo.com

I have done that . waiting for your response.
Re: Ibb Out, Atiku Lost, Is My Strategic Analysis Correct ? by banom(m): 1:02pm On Jan 17, 2011
cool
Re: Ibb Out, Atiku Lost, Is My Strategic Analysis Correct ? by banom(m): 5:08pm On Jan 18, 2011
shocked
Re: Ibb Out, Atiku Lost, Is My Strategic Analysis Correct ? by Mobinga: 7:37pm On Jan 18, 2011
Banom, the Machiavellian Professor.
Spot on. Mate. Drop your analyses on the General elections. cool
Re: Ibb Out, Atiku Lost, Is My Strategic Analysis Correct ? by banom(m): 12:19pm On Jan 19, 2011
Mobinga:

Banom, the Machiavellian Professor.
Spot on. Mate. Drop your analyses on the General elections. cool

Machiavellian professor ? that is the biggest offer of my life, thank you, In a very short while i will make my analysis on the general election .i am still analyzing info, trends and strategies .
Re: Ibb Out, Atiku Lost, Is My Strategic Analysis Correct ? by banom(m): 3:07pm On Jan 20, 2011
undecided undecided undecided
Re: Ibb Out, Atiku Lost, Is My Strategic Analysis Correct ? by banom(m): 7:49pm On Jan 26, 2011
vigasimple:

Election and selection are won or lost by briliant strategies, GEJ has good and sound advice.

People here say GEJ is dull and passive. I tell them that being ambitious and confident is NOT a Northern thing. Look, whether anyone likes it or hate it. The North are very smart politically, they knew that GEJ has locked down SOUTHERN VOTE, from SW to SS and then Indigbo SE., so all he has to do is to pick handful of states in the North, especially Kwara, kogi, Benue, Plateu, Kaduna(home of his VP),  and some unexpected states like Adamawa.

Only God can rule out GEJ in April 2011. He is the best of all the candidates(as of today) because all the Northern candidates are going to be beating the Northern drums once they are in power, we have seen this in Sheu Shagari and Umoru Musa Yar A'dua.

One more thing, if the North play any funning games and anything happens to GEJ like close to what happens to MKO Abiola, the North will NEVER get water from SS not to talk of OIL, and without Oil money, Nigeria cannot function let alone the North

Maybe , we should NOT waste Nigeria money on election except for confirmation like voice vote as they did with ACN RIBADU's primaries.

Are you related to professor Maurice Iwu ? the bolded implies. tongue tongue tongue
Re: Ibb Out, Atiku Lost, Is My Strategic Analysis Correct ? by banom(m): 7:05pm On Feb 01, 2011
shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Ibb Out, Atiku Lost, Is My Strategic Analysis Correct ? by banom(m): 5:47pm On Feb 07, 2011
angry cool kiss

(1) (Reply)

We Must Speak The Truth About Nigeria Even If It Costs Us Our Lives - My Rant / Police Stops Cpc Rally In Minna / Obasanjo, Martins-kuye Fail To Rally G-15 Behind Olurin !

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.