Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,515 members, 7,819,858 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:47 AM

‘insecure’ Star Yvonne Orji Is Proof That Naija No Dey Carry Last - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / ‘insecure’ Star Yvonne Orji Is Proof That Naija No Dey Carry Last (508 Views)

Zack Orji Is In Stable Condition - Actors' Guild Of Nigeria / Yvonne Orji And Emmanuel Acho Are Dating (Photos) / Yvonne Orji Celebrates 33rd Birthday As A Virgin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

‘insecure’ Star Yvonne Orji Is Proof That Naija No Dey Carry Last by Abovenaija(m): 11:56pm On May 17, 2020
Yvonne was born in the oil-rich city of Port-Harcourt, where she lived with her three brothers and parents till she was six years old.

Less than five years ago, Yvonne Orji was just another comedian looking to catch a big break in the entertainment capital, Los Angeles. She had moved down there after a stint in New York, where she initially moved to after deciding that she was going to pursue comedy full-time. Now, Orji has gained worldwide recognition from playing Molly, a character fans love to hate on HBO’s critically acclaimed comedy show, Insecure, currently streaming on Showmax.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifALAzlgdX0

From Igbo parentage, Yvonne was born in the oil-rich city of Port-Harcourt, where she lived with her three brothers and parents till she was six years old.

Speaking with Interview Magazine of her time in Nigeria,

Orji said:

“I was born in Nigeria and we lived in this very small apartment, but we had so much fun. It was me and my three brothers… We would go to the polo club and go swimming with our cousins and our friends. Life was so simple back then in Nigeria. I mean, when you’re a kid, life should be simple. But it was just about getting up and having fun with your family.”

She would later relocate to the United States along with her family in 1989 after her mother got a job working as a nurse at Howard University Hospital. From then on, like most Nigerian immigrant children in America, Orji was encouraged to pursue a career in Medicine or Law, and she settled for the former, but not for long.

Click Below To Read More....

https://abovenaija.com/2020/05/17/insecure-star-yvonne-orji-is-proof-that-naija-no-dey-carry-last/

Re: ‘insecure’ Star Yvonne Orji Is Proof That Naija No Dey Carry Last by meobizy(f): 2:53am On May 18, 2020
How does she have memories of being six years old while my once akata-girlfriend remembered nothing about Nigeria even though she traveled out at eight years old?

(1) (Reply)

Children’s Day: Celebrities Celebrates By Sharing Adorable Photos Of Their Child / Mike Edwards’s Wife Perri Shakes-Drayton Cushions Her Baby Bump In New Photo / Regina Daniels And Ned Nwoko Baby Naming Ceremony FULL VIDEO

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.