Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,248 members, 7,818,846 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:33 AM

#RANT: Movies Are No Longer As Interesting As Before! - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / #RANT: Movies Are No Longer As Interesting As Before! (377 Views)

Death Of Saint Obi: Which Of His Movies Are Your Favourites? / Ghana Movies Are Better / Reasons Why Tvshows/movies Are Shoving LGBT Down Our Throats. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

#RANT: Movies Are No Longer As Interesting As Before! by Emmaway(m): 6:52am On May 18, 2020
I grew up not watching movies, but I fell in love with it in my late teenage years. Initially I wasn't much of a fan, but things do change.

I've seen quite some good number of movies from last year (2019) through this year (2020). Truth is; I haven't enjoyed most of it, most haven't lived up to their genre.

I've been used to mind blowing action movies - which I sometimes rewatch over and over, thrillers have kept me at the edge of my seat - thinking about what's going down next, horror making me horrified - with some people getting insomnia after seeing a horror movie.

But today; the horror ain't scary anymore, little to no action in "Action Movies", the thrillers no longer thrilling. Rather they spend much time designing movie covers which wets our appetite, but then we're unsatisfied with the quality of the food. Movies are no longer as interesting as the plot suggests.

We now have HD quality movies, but the actual content leaves more to be desired. One would have thought as the world keeps getting better technology-wise, we'd have a much easier way of making interesting movies. From the look of things, that isn't the case.

To make up for this sudden decline in quality, I now follow TV shows - in fact I'm currently following four shows simultaneously. You'd agree that it takes longer time to complete these series, but due to how interesting they are, we follow them week after week, episode after episode, season after season, year after year. Why? they always (the good ones though) find a way to keep us glued, with teasing endings that keeps us coming back for more.

I (we) need great quality content that lives up to expectations. I still believe we'd get back to better days if only the producer (current and aspiring) will give credence to quality contents. Is this much of a ask? I guess not. They've done it before, they can still replicate the same feet.
Re: #RANT: Movies Are No Longer As Interesting As Before! by illicit(m): 8:34am On May 18, 2020
I thought it's only me
Re: #RANT: Movies Are No Longer As Interesting As Before! by Emmaway(m): 9:02am On May 18, 2020
illicit:
I thought it's only me
It's so sad
Re: #RANT: Movies Are No Longer As Interesting As Before! by MJBOLT: 1:03pm On May 18, 2020
That's why I prefer downloading and watching old movies,my time and data won't be wasted

2 Likes

Re: #RANT: Movies Are No Longer As Interesting As Before! by scoundrel(f): 2:42pm On May 18, 2020
I read somewhere that for one to sit and watch all the Hollywood movies from the beginning of cinema to 2016 it will take a non-stop time of 35 years. That is 35 years where one can find at least five hundred movies which meet your description of entertaining. A majority of movies are now remastered into High Definition quality. I will suggest you look into the past than the future when looking for engaging cinema.

2 Likes

Re: #RANT: Movies Are No Longer As Interesting As Before! by Emmaway(m): 4:22pm On May 18, 2020
scoundrel:
I read somewhere that for one to sit and watch all the Hollywood movies from the beginning of cinema to 2016 it will take a non-stop time of 35 years. That is 35 years where one can find at least five hundred movies which meet your description of entertaining. A majority of movies are now remastered into High Definition quality. I will suggest you look into the past than the future when looking for engaging cinema.
Interesting! 35 years? That's a lot

(1) (Reply)

HELP: Startimes OR Gotv? / Bbnaija Voting Made Easier / Free To Air Installer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.