Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,406 members, 7,819,439 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:20 PM

Nigerian Army Defrauds Scotland,robs Its Own Soldiers - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Nigerian Army Defrauds Scotland,robs Its Own Soldiers (916 Views)

Nigerian Migrant Begs Lady For Sex In Italy, Robs Her After She Refused. / Man Overstays In Lagos Hotel, Robs & Kills Female Lawyer To Offset Bills / Man Who Robs Girls During Dates, Caught Yesterday In Lagos (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Army Defrauds Scotland,robs Its Own Soldiers by Nasoldier: 9:40am On May 18, 2020
On the 21st of May 2020, the Nigerian Army was one of those chosen to attend the The Royal Edinburgh Military Tattoo, Scotland. Over 120 countries were invited and were to be paid for attending.

After being robbed, ridiculed and frustrated by the people I swore to serve, I decided to become a whistleblower. For this reason I maintain my anonymity and this is my confession.

I was among the troops of the Nigerian Army trained in Guards Brigade Abuja with the cultural troops of the Ministry of Information and Culture to represent Nigeria in the The Royal Edinburgh Military Tattoo, Edinburgh, Scotland.

We trained all day from July 2018 to July 27th, 2019(the day of our departure to the event). Throughout the whole year, we were not given any R.C.A for feeding expenses. Feeding came off our personal pockets despite the fact that the Federal government paid the Nigerian Army for our feeding and maintenance expenses. We were not even given accommodation so most of us had to squat with friends around in the barracks. Instead we were deceived when they told us that the Federal Government had a care package and job promotion in store for us, so we had to train hard.

Each soldier was instructed to buy the best kits for journey with our personal funds and the Federal Government would reimburse us for all expenses made. With the measly sum we get paid as wages, I didn’t have enough to purchase as much as I needed

I paid for my passport and my visa fees and I paid for new uniforms (thishas become a norm in the Nigerian Army as we pay for our uniform, boots and complete regalia when in reality, they are supposed to be free as directed by the Federal Government). I also purchased a tailored suit and traditional attire for the sake of uniformity with my comrades at the event.

I also paid for my ticket after running around to secure loans from private individuals and some of my colleagues. Having put the bits together, I was able to afford it.

The day of departure came and each soldier was given 220,000 NGN for any expenses to be made during our stay at Edinburgh and promised more money of which we were entitled to for the trip. Commander Brigadier General Usman stated that the money was for three days and we’d receive the rest of payment upon our return to Nigeria

When the main event finally came, we were excluded from attending the opening ceremony despite other nations’ military present at the event. This was because each soldier was paid 3000 pounds upon arrival at the ceremony (same with other countries that came) and the Nigerian Army did not want us to receive those funds, so they received it in our absence and embezzled the money without our knowledge.

We spent a month and a day in Scotland with no other pay besides the 220k and when we returned to Nigeria, General Usman was suddenly nowhere to be found as he has been posted out. A new Brigade commander was already in place. The new general assured us that he’d look into the issue to make sure we weren’t played. Its been close to a year ever since this promise was made and we are yet to receive our funds. The Nigerian Army knowingly robbed us blind.

Now let us get to the figures to uncover just how deep this is
1. 75 soldiers X 3000 Euros (opening ceremony) = 225,000 Euros(99,000,000 NGN)
2. 220,000 NGN for 3 days, meant we were to be paid 73333.33 NGN per day. We spent a month
in Scotland and that is 2,273,333.33 NGN per soldier (73333.33 X 31 days). So 75 soldiers were meant to be paid 170,500,000 NGN.

TOTAL = 269,000,000 NAIRA
Note that these are the figures I estimated but in reality I believe they embezzled more.

Two out of all of us that went to Scotland were sent to fight against Boko Haram a few months after we returned. They died in combat and still no payouts to their families regarding this issue.

Please share on all social media platforms and all news outlets and if the Nigerian Army wants to deny my claim, I urge every media (national and international) to look into it.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army Defrauds Scotland,robs Its Own Soldiers by espn(m): 10:14am On May 18, 2020
When will government deal with the rogues in NA...
Re: Nigerian Army Defrauds Scotland,robs Its Own Soldiers by hidhrhis(m): 10:23am On May 18, 2020
I wanted to join soldier before thank God for my mum who fought tooth and nail for me not to join
I later realised that being a Nigerian soldier isn't worth it
I will rather join the U.S army and fight ISIS or Al-qaeda than die for a military that won't give a shit about my family if I die in war besides Nigerian isn't worth doing for
The dead soldiers aren't respected and are not recognised as heroes
All the hero stuff they do na eye service deep down they care less
Corruption has eaten deep down 95% of the soul of everyone in nigeria
They see money as precious stones that's why you see politicians stocking and looting money that will sustain them and their generations
Men in high places looting and embezzling money
Citizens fighting and killing their fellow citizens all because of money
Until our mindset is changed it will continue to go on regardless of ethnicity and groups be it hausa,yoruba,ipob,biafra, and igbos

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army Defrauds Scotland,robs Its Own Soldiers by Skmoda(m): 10:33am On May 18, 2020
From the look, this is outright truth.,FRAUD IS DEEPLY ROOTED IN NA.
Re: Nigerian Army Defrauds Scotland,robs Its Own Soldiers by Oharina(m): 10:37am On May 18, 2020
This is serious
Re: Nigerian Army Defrauds Scotland,robs Its Own Soldiers by Hoodbilonia: 10:41am On May 18, 2020
Its real sad.
When u see them displaying in public.its not they fault. They are traumatised,bitter,constantly angry cos they aint paying them well.
Wtf.
Men . Nawa o
Re: Nigerian Army Defrauds Scotland,robs Its Own Soldiers by youngsahito(m): 10:43am On May 18, 2020
corruption everywhere and everybody will start blaming buhari for all this...our military na bullshit
Re: Nigerian Army Defrauds Scotland,robs Its Own Soldiers by StrikeThru: 11:01am On May 18, 2020
I only pity those still on the verge of joining the military in this country. Until you start taking law into ur hands, dem no go hear.
Re: Nigerian Army Defrauds Scotland,robs Its Own Soldiers by pacino26(m): 1:01pm On May 18, 2020
Boys were complaining and tagged mutineers. A general complained and he got himself in TRADOC.

Imagine if a civilian is to complain about what goes on in the army
Re: Nigerian Army Defrauds Scotland,robs Its Own Soldiers by Mayng01(m): 1:44pm On May 18, 2020
This is sad!
Re: Nigerian Army Defrauds Scotland,robs Its Own Soldiers by johnlvis(m): 2:07pm On May 18, 2020
My brother was among those soldiers. The picture painted here is nothing but the truth .
Re: Nigerian Army Defrauds Scotland,robs Its Own Soldiers by Chidexter(m): 2:55pm On May 18, 2020
Interesting... I'd implore you to arrange and others affected to send anonymous messages to DHQ both by email and hard copy. The go on media houses and organise anonymous interviews, also get on Twitter with necessary proof and tag influencers to it.

This must go public but anonymity must be maintained. My Dad died a soldier but my generations would die as civillians.

Goodluck bro, espirit De corps
Re: Nigerian Army Defrauds Scotland,robs Its Own Soldiers by irunoko(m): 3:22pm On May 18, 2020
Nigerian army or yahoo boys impersonating as Nigerian army?

(1) (Reply)

Operation Fox Hunt 2: Dubai Police Released Video Of Hushpuppi & Woodberry Raid! / Top 10 Most Dangerous Dog Breeds In The World : Make Your Security Choice / Boy Who Went To Buy Pure Water Found Dead After Missing For Five Days In Imo Sta

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.