Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,667 members, 7,816,742 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:09 PM

How Can One Effectively Pray To Receive Answers - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Can One Effectively Pray To Receive Answers (1217 Views)

Stephen Prayed To Jesus Christ, Who Else Do We Pray To But God! / Christians Pray To Water Stain 'Shaped Like Virgin Mary' In Colombia / How To Receive Answers To Your Prayers Every Time (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can One Effectively Pray To Receive Answers by sighting: 9:53am On May 18, 2020
I have been praying for a period of time now particularly in the midnight on some particular requests but I have not yet gotten answers and I think I'm getting wearied of kneeling down to pray again.I have confessed my sins I don't know what else to do.I need the hand of God i need him.will I ever get answers
Re: How Can One Effectively Pray To Receive Answers by qwertyboss(m): 10:23am On May 18, 2020
By staying away from sins

1 Like

Re: How Can One Effectively Pray To Receive Answers by joinpreneur(m): 10:53am On May 18, 2020
sighting:
I have been praying for a period of time now particularly in the midnight on some particular requests but I have not yet gotten answers and I think I'm getting wearied of kneeling down to pray again.I have confessed my sins I don't know what else to do.I need the hand of God i need him.will I ever get answers

Let's talk on WhatsApp: 0-9-0-3-7-8-5-6-8-0-6.

Beloved, we live in a world where our life is true reflection of the choice we make. You can choose to message me. You can choose not to. I was supposed to advise you here but because of foxes all around. I'm not asking you for money. I have no interest your gold nor silver. My concern is how you'll get out your situation. Remedy on through God and Christ our Lord
Re: How Can One Effectively Pray To Receive Answers by naijaboy756: 11:30am On May 18, 2020
joinpreneur:

Let's talk on WhatsApp: 0-9-0-3-7-8-5-6-8-0-6.
for what?

You wan connect am to your so called woman prophetess?
Re: How Can One Effectively Pray To Receive Answers by joinpreneur(m): 11:34am On May 18, 2020
naijaboy756:
for what?

You wan connect am to your so called woman prophetess?

May God forgive you. Brother, be careful that the devil will not use you against God's people. Like Judas to Jesus

Too many uncultured people generation of vipers on Nairaland who have nothing to offer than noise and criticism.

Will you see any of your family members depressed and you know what depression can lead to death, knowing a sincere remedy and not give to him/her? Hypocrites!
Re: How Can One Effectively Pray To Receive Answers by naijaboy756: 1:25pm On May 18, 2020
joinpreneur:

May God forgive you. Brother, be careful that the devil will not use you against God's people. Like Judas to Jesus

Too many uncultured people generation of vipers on Nairaland who have nothing to offer than noise and criticism.

Will you see any of your family members depressed and you know what depression can lead to death, knowing a sincere remedy and not give to him/her? Hypocrites!
sorry na. Only asked a question. Your response to issues causes more problems
Re: How Can One Effectively Pray To Receive Answers by Kobojunkie: 6:36pm On May 18, 2020
sighting:

My heart goes out to you @OP. I know very well how frustrating it can be to want God to show up only to keep hearing "Trust your Father",then "Obey Him", "Wait".

While you wait on Him, may I suggest you please revisit His covenant again(i.e. every word cometh out of the mouth of God - Jesus Christ). I recommend you begin with the book of Matthew, beginning from Chapter 5 through to at least chapter Chapter 16. Read to learn what truths are in there that could help you figure out the puzzle that is your situation right now. God will open your eyes to His truth as You do so.

Here is a summary of the commandments of the new covenant that is Jesus Christ. https://www.swapmeetdave.com/Bible/Commands/Commands-list.pdf
Re: How Can One Effectively Pray To Receive Answers by Finallydead: 5:35am On May 19, 2020
sighting:
Kobojunkie:

My heart goes out to you @OP. I know very well how frustrating it can be to want God to show up only to keep hearing "Trust your Father",then "Obey Him", "Wait".

While you wait on Him, may I suggest you please revisit His covenant again(i.e. every word cometh out of the mouth of God - Jesus Christ). I recommend you begin with the book of Matthew, beginning from Chapter 5 through to at least chapter Chapter 16. Read to learn what truths are in there that could help you figure out the puzzle that is your situation right now. God will open your eyes to His truth as You do so.

Here is a summary of the commandments of the new covenant that is Jesus Christ. https://www.swapmeetdave.com/Bible/Commands/Commands-list.pdf

Friend, it is unfortunate that prayer is taught today in Christendom to be some magical, instant, genie-in-the-bottle, formula because this is not what the Lord taught.
First, understand before you begin praying that there are spiritual laws in place which like natural laws(e.g. gravity) can never be broken. Also understand that no matter your sin, if you have acknowledged and repented, you are forgiven freely in Christ(Eph1:7). In fact, God also gives you power through His cross to overcome any struggles you have with sin. But the big task in prayer is your request getting to you through all spiritual protocol after its released by God to you.
As long as what you ask is in line with God's will, you should know that it's not up to God to release your answer because He already has(Eph1:3) but only in the spirit(heavens) which is His jurisdiction(Ps115:16).
The onus is then on men whose jurisdiction is the earth(Ps115:16) to persevere through all delays of Satanic forces(Eph6:12) to resist the manifestation of what God has provided in the spirit hence(Eph6:18, Lk18:1-8, Mt6:10)
Note that the hand of God can never be seen on earth except men persevere through all the resistances of Satanic forces like Daniel did(Dan10:12-14) because the earth has been given to men. Had Daniel not persevered, the prince of Persia would have hindered the manifestation of his prayer God already heard from the first day he prayed(v12).

And how do we know when we can stop praying and our victory has come? Either when we see the answer manifest or when we no longer have an iota of doubt in our hearts about the matter(Mk11:23, note shalt not doubt in his heart. Also, Jam1:6), whichever comes first.
As long as there is still any little doubt in your heart, it means Satanic forces are still resisting your answer, so keep on praying until there is no single doubt again.
This takes a lot of patience and diligence in prayer, so buckle down, if you're really serious for your answer. You just have to keep at it until the answer comes.

PS: Beware of anyone trying to direct you to any man or woman or church so you don't complicate your challenges. Always take everything to God Himself who died for you so you may freely access Him.

2 Likes

Re: How Can One Effectively Pray To Receive Answers by Nobody: 7:21am On May 19, 2020
Greetings in Jesus name.

@bro finallydead. Are you saying even in this dispensation of Grace, answers to prayers can still be withheld in the spiritual realm? Does grace not make it easily accessible?

Thank you.
Re: How Can One Effectively Pray To Receive Answers by naijaboy756: 7:50am On May 19, 2020
Eulalia:
Greetings in Jesus name.

@bro finallydead. Are you saying even in this dispensation of Grace, answers to prayers can still be withheld in the spiritual realm? Does grace not make it easily accessible?

Thanks you.
Good question

1 Like

Re: How Can One Effectively Pray To Receive Answers by judedwriter(m): 8:33am On May 19, 2020
sighting:

1. Are you praying in faith? Praying without faith will not pass the ceiling of your roof.

To pray with faith means to spend time studying the Bible before praying. Do you spend time in God's Word before praying?

2. Do you praise God often? God values praise more than prayer. Sometimes we cannot receive answers unless we praise God.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Can One Effectively Pray To Receive Answers by Finallydead: 9:25am On May 19, 2020
Eulalia:
Greetings in Jesus name.

Thanks you.
naijaboy756:
Good question

A good question you've asked there and one many do. The reason for this question arising is because the teaching of the economy of grace in many christian circles is usually at the most incomplete/imbalanced.
Remember, Paul is who most people would call the chief proponent of grace. Yet it was Paul who taught that we are in a spiritual warfare(Eph6:12) and prayers are our way out(v18). Also, Paul was hindered by Satan(1Th2:18). Paul also had open doors from God but great opposition from Satan(1Cor16:9).
The point is the economy of grace makes all God's provisions available and accessible to us(i.e. reserved in the spirit realm) but it also empowers us with authority to overcome all Satanic resistance to bring it into manifestation IF we can persevere in prayers against all of it.
According to Paul, faith(grace) is a fight(1Tim6:12, 2Tim4:7, 1Cor9:26, Eph6:12...). But we are not fighting to make God answer us because He has already provided all in Christ in the spiritual realm(2Cor1:20, Eph1:3) by grace. We are fighting to make what grace already provided in the spirit realm manifest in the physical realm(Mat6:10) because earth is our jurisdiction(Ps115:16).

If you can understand this principle, Eulalia, NO single provision of God will ever elude you.

God bless you.
Re: How Can One Effectively Pray To Receive Answers by paxonel(m): 9:29am On May 19, 2020
sighting:
it depend on what you are asking.
Hope you are not asking for castles in the air?
Because, praying effectively requires that one should be realistic in his request, not asking for mansions but meanwhile, he is not earning money.
And also, an effective prayer requires that the person should work for what he is requesting and not sleeping waiting for God to do miracle.

James 2:18 Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works.
Re: How Can One Effectively Pray To Receive Answers by Nobody: 9:34am On May 19, 2020
Finallydead:

A good question you've asked there and one many do. The reason for this question arising is because the teaching of the economy of grace in many christian circles is usually at the most incomplete/imbalanced.
Remember, Paul is who most people would call the chief proponent of grace. Yet it was Paul who taught that we are in a spiritual warfare(Eph6:12) and prayers are our way out(v18). Also, Paul was hindered by Satan(1Th2:18). Paul also had open doors from God but great opposition from Satan(1Cor16:9).
The point is the economy of grace makes all God's provisions available and accessible to us(i.e. reserved in the spirit realm) but it also empowers us with authority to overcome all Satanic resistance to bring it into manifestation IF we can persevere in prayers against all of it.
According to Paul, faith(grace) is a fight(1Tim6:12, 2Tim4:7, 1Cor9:26, Eph6:12...). But we are not fighting to make God answer us because He has already provided all in Christ in the spiritual realm(2Cor1:20, Eph1:3) by grace. We are fighting to make what grace already provided in the spirit realm manifest in the physical realm(Mat6:10) because earth is our jurisdiction(Ps115:16).

If you can understand this principle, Eulalia, NO single provision of God will ever elude you. AMEN!

God bless you.

Wow... Thank youuu.
Love you for this!
God bless you.
Re: How Can One Effectively Pray To Receive Answers by sighting: 10:26am On May 19, 2020
Finallydead:

Friend, it is unfortunate that prayer is taught today in Christendom to be some magical, instant, genie-in-the-bottle, formula because this is not what the Lord taught.
First, understand before you begin praying that there are spiritual laws in place which like natural laws(e.g. gravity) can never be broken. Also understand that no matter your sin, if you have acknowledged and repented, you are forgiven freely in Christ(Eph1:7). In fact, God also gives you power through His cross to overcome any struggles you have with sin. But the big task in prayer is your request getting to you through all spiritual protocol after its released by God to you.
As long as what you ask is in line with God's will, you should know that it's not up to God to release your answer because He already has(Eph1:3) but only in the spirit(heavens) which is His jurisdiction(Ps115:16).
The onus is then on men whose jurisdiction is the earth(Ps115:16) to persevere through all delays of Satanic forces(Eph6:12) to resist the manifestation of what God has provided in the spirit hence(Eph6:18, Lk18:1-8, Mt6:10)
Note that the hand of God can never be seen on earth except men persevere through all the resistances of Satanic forces like Daniel did(Dan10:12-14) because the earth has been given to men. Had Daniel not persevered, the prince of Persia would have hindered the manifestation of his prayer God already heard from the first day he prayed(v12).

And how do we know when we can stop praying and our victory has come? Either when we see the answer manifest or when we no longer have an iota of doubt in our hearts about the matter(Mk11:23, note shalt not doubt in his heart. Also, Jam1:6), whichever comes first.
As long as there is still any little doubt in your heart, it means Satanic forces are still resisting your answer, so keep on praying until there is no single doubt again.
This takes a lot of patience and diligence in prayer, so buckle down, if you're really serious for your answer. You just have to keep at it until the answer comes.

PS: Beware of anyone trying to direct you to any man or woman or church so you don't complicate your challenges. Always take everything to God Himself who died for you so you may freely access Him.
Thank you
Re: How Can One Effectively Pray To Receive Answers by Nobody: 10:40am On May 19, 2020
No genuine prayers is unanswered,be patient.
Re: How Can One Effectively Pray To Receive Answers by naijaboy756: 11:31am On May 19, 2020
Finallydead:

If you can understand this principle, Eulalia, NO single provision of God will ever elude you.

God bless you.
what then is the principle of Eulelia?
Re: How Can One Effectively Pray To Receive Answers by Nobody: 12:38pm On May 19, 2020
naijaboy756:
what then is the principle of Eulelia?

Not my principles dear. Hes talking about the above principles. Gods' principles. smiley

1 Like

Re: How Can One Effectively Pray To Receive Answers by Kobojunkie: 1:17pm On May 19, 2020
Eulalia:

Not my principles dear. Hes talking about the above principles. Gods' principles. smiley
Most of those principles are conjured up in the minds of men, not God.

That story for instance about the prince of persia is based on the twisting of words in scripture to fit the spiritual narrative of your men of god.
The prince of persia(daniel 10) was simply the son of cyrus the great(Daniel 10 vs 1), who happened to be the King of Persia at the time of Daniel(daniel 10) . The "prince of Persia " was at the time, the commander of the Persian army. He was no spiritual demon/ devil that many of your pastors like to speak so much about.
Re: How Can One Effectively Pray To Receive Answers by Nobody: 1:28pm On May 19, 2020
Kobojunkie:

Most of those principles are conjured up in the minds of men, not God.
That story for instance about the prince of persia is based on the twisting words in scripture to fit the spiritual narrative of your men of god.
The prince of persia(daniel 10) was simply the son of cyrus the great, who happened to be the King of Persia at the time of Daniel(daniel 9) . The "prince of Persia " was at the time, the commander of the Persian army. He was no spiritual demon/ devil that many of your pastors like to speak so much about.

It is very clear in Daniel 10 that the prince of Persia withstood the angel. So if he was a mortal being like you claimed, how come he encountered an angel on the way?.
As far as I'm concerned, there's no twist here. It is what is it. Take the word of god as it is written and stop trying to paint your own picture that does not fit into the passage.
smiley
Re: How Can One Effectively Pray To Receive Answers by Kobojunkie: 1:42pm On May 19, 2020
Eulalia:

It is very clear in Daniel 10 that the prince of Persia withstood the angel. So if he was a mortal being like you claimed, how come he encountered an angel on the way?.
As far as I'm concerned, there's not twist here. It is what is it. Take the word if god as it is written and stop trying to paint your own picture that does not fit into the passage.
smiley
Daniel was having a vision. What is ever "clear" about a vision?

To take the word of God as it is written, you have to in fact read it to know what it says from what you hear pastors and preachers suggest it says.
Re: How Can One Effectively Pray To Receive Answers by panmunium(m): 4:00pm On May 19, 2020
sighting:
God answers pray in three ways, its either Yes, No, or wait for the right time.
Re: How Can One Effectively Pray To Receive Answers by Nobody: 4:55pm On May 19, 2020
Kobojunkie:

Daniel was having a vision. What is ever "clear" about a vision?

To take the word of God as it is written, you have to in fact read it to know what it says from what you hear pastors and preachers suggest it says.

Are you always like this? undecided. Please let's not argue the word of God. I'm here to learn and not to be further thrown into confusion.
Thank you. Sir. smiley
Re: How Can One Effectively Pray To Receive Answers by Kobojunkie: 5:08pm On May 19, 2020
Eulalia:
Are you always like this? undecided. Please let's not argue the word of God. I'm here to learn and to be further thrown into confusion.
Thank you. Sir. smiley
I am not arguing. I am trying to get you to seek truth of what is written in the book of Daniel. That is what really matters in the end. Those who believe in God ought to seek TRUTH above all else.

No where in that book was the Prince of Persia constructed as a demon or villain; only in the minds of pastors and preachers did that whole idea come from.

Cyrus the Great, the Father to the then Prince of Persia, was a man that God is said to have chosen for His work(Isaiah 45).

Isaiah 45(NIRV)
1 Cyrus is my anointed king.
I take hold of his right hand.

I give him the power
to bring nations under his control.
I help him strip kings of their power
to go to war against him.
I break city gates open so he can go through them.
I say to him,
4 Cyrus, I am sending for you by name.
I am doing it for the good of the family of Jacob.
They are my servant.
I am doing it for Israel.

They are my chosen people.
You do not know anything about me.
But I am giving you a title of honor.

Daniel's vision story has been played on 100,000's of pulpits around the world for so long as a story of how the devil is able to keep God from answering the prayers of His own, as if this devil has power enough to stop God(All-Powerful) from doing what He wants to do when He wants to do it.
Re: How Can One Effectively Pray To Receive Answers by Kobojunkie: 11:59pm On May 19, 2020
Finallydead:

Paul was hindered by Satan?

1 Thessalonians 2 vs 3-8
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1 For you yourselves know, brothers,[a] that our coming to you was not in vain.
2 But though we had already suffered and been shamefully treated at Philippi, as you know, we had boldness in our God to declare to you the gospel of God in the midst of much conflict.
3 For our appeal does not spring from error or impurity or any attempt to deceive,
4 but just as we have been approved by God to be entrusted with the gospel, so we speak, not to please man, but to please God who tests our hearts.
5 For we never came with words of flattery, as you know, nor with a pretext for greed—God is witness.
6 Nor did we seek glory from people, whether from you or from others, though we could have made demands as apostles of Christ.
7 But we were gentle[c] among you, like a nursing mother taking care of her own children.
8 So, being affectionately desirous of you, we were ready to share with you not only the gospel of God but also our own selves, because you had become very dear to us.
Where?

1 Corinthians 16 vs 5-10
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
5 I will visit you after passing through Macedonia, for I intend to pass through Macedonia,
6 and perhaps I will stay with you or even spend the winter, so that you may help me on my journey, wherever I go.
7 For I do not want to see you now just in passing. I hope to spend some time with you, if the Lord permits.
8 But I will stay in Ephesus until Pentecost,
9 for a wide door for effective work has opened to me, and there are many adversaries. [b]

[b]10
When Timothy comes, see that you put him at ease among you, for he is doing the work of the Lord, as I am.
11 So let no one despise him. Help him on his way in peace, that he may return to me, for I am expecting him with the brothers.
Where in all that is Satan?

(1) (Reply)

The Majority Of Mankind Will Spend Eternity In Hell / Was Mary Magdalene Really A Prostitute? / The Modern Satanists Friendship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.