Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,826 members, 7,820,906 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:46 AM

Important Things To Know Before You Place That Bet - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Important Things To Know Before You Place That Bet (843 Views)

Warning! See What You Should Know About BTTS/ Before Staking That Bet Today. / Before You Place Another Bet, Read This / Funny Memes People That Bet Can Relate To (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Important Things To Know Before You Place That Bet by nairatag: 5:13pm On May 18, 2020
The German Bundesliga is back and it’s a matter of hours before the first set of matches kicks off.

Everyone is happy that they will be able to watch some quality football during this coVid19 period. The happiest are the bettors. There is now a Europe top 5 league that they can bet on. SRL can take a back seat for now.

Everyone is eager to fund their bet account with the hope of making one or two profits off the bookies.

Well, the truth is many will make the money and lose it in just one game. That’s the truth.

I have over 7 years of experience as a bettor and I know how this thing works. I have been there and trust me with what I said.

This post will guide you on how to maximize profits and minimize your loss. There are some steps you must take to achieve this. These steps will be explained below.

Bookmaker

Choosing the right bookmaker is key to your betting success. You want a bookmaker that provides decent odds, won’t give you any hassles when withdrawing or depositing funds.

There are tons of bookmakers out there and it’s left for you to decide the best one. You need to consider availability too. Your preferred bookmaker might not be available in your region. These are the things you consider before making the final decision and pitching your tent with one bookmaker.

Bankroll Management

This is where most bettors get it wrong. Most bettors believe Betting is a get rich quick scheme and they just put all their money on a market with the hope of profit. If the game won, they get their profit and will try again next time. What about if the game lost? They gnash their teeth and curse the players involved.

The above can be avoided if they had good money management. You need to take betting as an investment. You need to think about the units.

The first thing to do in bankroll management is to set aside the funds you can afford to lose. For example $200.

The second thing is having a strict staking plan. Divide the $200 by 100 which will give $2. This $2 represents a unit and unit represents how confident you are on a pick.

Take for example Liverpool vs Derby county match. You are very confident there will be over 2.5 goals in the match. You can give it a unit of 6 or 7. This means you will stake $12 or $14 on over 2.5 goals. If it wins good and if it loses, you still have some funds left to fall back on.

That’s bankroll management for you. It prevents sudden Bankruptcy. You will have to lose 10units 10 times consecutively to go bankrupt. The chances of this are very slim. You can still minimize the risk by dividing by 200 as the case may be.

Bankroll Management lets you accumulate the wins little by little and prevent losing them all in a moment.

Bet record
Keep records of your bets and picks. This is very important. It let you know what is going on with your bets. You can easily see your strong areas and weak areas in Betting. It shows you that area to avoid.

Don’t chase your loss

This is easier said than done. Many bettors still do this every now and then. It is bad and you should stop. Everyone has a bad streak and once your own streak is on, take some time off betting.

Chasing your loss means you are going deeper into more loss. Accept your fate and move on.

If you follow this guide and put it into use, you won’t have any problem beating the bookies.

https://www.nairatag.com/betting/football-betting-how-to-beat-the-bookies/

Re: Important Things To Know Before You Place That Bet by Enwhen(m): 6:12pm On May 18, 2020
Nice write up.

Merrybet is the best in Nigeria...their odds most times are scary when compare to others...followed by Betking .

2 Likes

Re: Important Things To Know Before You Place That Bet by Bluish44(m): 6:50pm On May 18, 2020
Enwhen:
Nice write up.

Merrybet is the best in Nigeria...their odds most times are scary when compare to others...followed by Betking .
na still 1xbet to me...its only an accursed person dat cant win there...there are so many ranges of options
Re: Important Things To Know Before You Place That Bet by Enwhen(m): 7:05pm On May 18, 2020
Bluish44:
na still 1xbet to me...its only an accursed person dat cant win there...there are so many ranges of options

ODDs is the gateway to winning ...the better the odds, the lesser the game the higher the possibility of winning ...Merrybet has many options that u can't find in others ... I play others because the highest u can win in merybet is 10m... But I stake higher in merybet cos of their best odds that can help me get less games with better odds...while I play others with normal risk.

1 Like

Re: Important Things To Know Before You Place That Bet by nairatag: 8:58pm On May 18, 2020
Enwhen:
Nice write up.

I think 1xbet has more markets
Re: Important Things To Know Before You Place That Bet by nairatag: 8:59pm On May 18, 2020
Enwhen:

ODDs is the gateway to winning ...the better the odds, the lesser the game the higher the possibility of winning ...Merrybet has many options that u can't find in others ... I play others because the highest u can win in merybet is 10m... But I stake higher in merybet cos of their best odds that can help me get less games with better odds...while I play others with normal risk.

That's true. I believe more markets too matters a lot. I dumped merrybet since they started restricting my bets.
Re: Important Things To Know Before You Place That Bet by Enwhen(m): 9:07pm On May 18, 2020
nairatag:

That's true. I believe more markets too matters a lot. I dumped merrybet since they started restricting my bets.

How ?
Re: Important Things To Know Before You Place That Bet by malcom1X: 9:10pm On May 18, 2020
Bluish44:

Guy 1Xbet never do you something, until then. Keep praising them... One day them go ask you to provide this and that document. Just know say your betting career don end.

You won't be able to withdraw winnings
Re: Important Things To Know Before You Place That Bet by nairatag: 11:35pm On May 18, 2020
Enwhen:

How ?

I guess I won too much. This was long around 2015.
Re: Important Things To Know Before You Place That Bet by nairatag: 11:36pm On May 18, 2020
malcom1X:

Guy 1Xbet never do you something, until then. Keep praising them... One day them go ask you to provide this and that document. Just know say your betting career don end.

You won't be able to withdraw winnings

Yeah. I spent a whole month providing document to those people. It was frustrating calling and chatting them.

They are still cool than many naija bookies.
Re: Important Things To Know Before You Place That Bet by malcom1X: 9:47am On May 20, 2020
nairatag:

Yeah. I spent a whole month providing document to those people. It was frustrating calling and chatting them.

They are still cool than many naija bookies.

What documents did you provide to them. I want to know because I know my day is coming.

Do they also accept paper ID cards?
because I don't have the plastic national ID.
Re: Important Things To Know Before You Place That Bet by nairatag: 11:19am On May 20, 2020
malcom1X:

What documents did you provide to them. I want to know because I know my day is coming.

Do they also accept paper ID cards?
because I don't have the plastic national ID.

They will ask for your national ID number, statement of account, and bvn
Re: Important Things To Know Before You Place That Bet by merrybet: 8:11am On May 29, 2020
Enwhen:
Nice write up.

Hello Enwhen, we trust you and yours are well. We appreciate your feedback.

Thanks for choosing Merrybet, your patronage is greatly appreciated.

Keep staying safe.
Re: Important Things To Know Before You Place That Bet by Enwhen(m): 9:29am On May 29, 2020
merrybet:

Hello Enwhen, we trust you and yours are well. We appreciate your feedback.

Thanks for choosing Merrybet, your patronage is greatly appreciated.

Keep staying safe.

You are truly the best ...but it's so unfortunate that u don't have marketers to sell it to Nigerians ...I have been doing that for you long ago and I can bost of over 1000 new online punters I have brought to Merrybet mainly because your agents are not common in the streets whereas u would have gotten more than that but just for those who have browsing phones and valid account to do topup themselves since your agents are not common on the streets to do topup for them
Re: Important Things To Know Before You Place That Bet by merrybet: 10:14am On May 29, 2020
Enwhen:

You are truly the best ...but it's so unfortunate that u don't have marketers to sell it to Nigerians ...I have been doing that for you long ago and I can bost of over 1000 new online punters I have brought to Merrybet mainly because your agents are not common in the streets whereas u would have gotten more than that but just for those who have browsing phones and valid account to do topup themselves since your agents are not common on the streets to do topup for them

Hello Enwhen, we sincerely appreciate your loyalty & patronage.

Please be informed that we are currently registering Agents nationwide and we need people with the zeal to succeed. If you wish to become a Merrybet Agent, kindly visit the website, click on the 'Help' button, then select 'Intending Agents' and follow the instruction you will see on your screen.

Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any issue, feedback, or suggestion regarding your Merrybet account or any of our Sports betting services. For more information, kindly make use of the 'Contact us' button on the Help page on our website.

Thanks for choosing Merrybet.

Keep staying safe.

(1) (Reply)

Why The Bias Against Lionel Messi? / DJ Cuppy Becomes Manchester United Ambassador / After Zlatan Staked 1 Million Naira Against Manchester, See What Happened

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.