Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,095 members, 7,811,069 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:17 PM

American Priest Sprays Holy Water From Squirt Gun To Maintain Social Distancing - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / American Priest Sprays Holy Water From Squirt Gun To Maintain Social Distancing (69459 Views)

Pastor Spraying “Holy Water” & Praying For A Liquor Store (Pix) / Clergyman Sells Holy Water On The Streets Of Lagos To Make People 'Rich' (Video) / Social Distancing In Delta: My Church Worship Service Today (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

American Priest Sprays Holy Water From Squirt Gun To Maintain Social Distancing by lalasticlala(m): 8:13pm On May 18, 2020
A Roman Catholic priest in the Detroit area has taken aim at his parishioners in a bid to maintain social distancing during the coronavirus pandemic, using a squirt gun to shoot holy water.

Photos posted on social media by the St Ambrose Church show the Reverend Timothy Pelc shooting water into a car window as it stopped by the steps of the church. He wore a mask, face shield and rubber gloves as further precautions against spreading the coronavirus.

The photos of the priest at the church in Grosse Pointe Park were taken at Easter but have recently gone viral and have inspired memes online. One shows the 70-year-old priest amid the fires of hell directing the squirt gun at devil-like figures.

The idea was to find a way to continue a tradition of blessing Easter baskets despite the pandemic. One photo shows Pelc standing behind a car with its hatchback door up, shooting water at a basket of flowers. He said he has a “pretty wacky mind and pretty accepting congregation”.

The church and surrounding communities have taken the pandemic seriously, Pelc said.

He told BuzzFeed he had hoped to begin holding in-person masses next Sunday but was struggling to find churchgoers to help him stage the socially distanced services.

“People are saying they don’t want to come out just yet,” Pelc said. “There’s still a lot of fear out there and I don’t blame them.”

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/may/17/priest-holy-water-squirt-gun-detroit

9 Likes 6 Shares

Re: American Priest Sprays Holy Water From Squirt Gun To Maintain Social Distancing by Nobody: 8:14pm On May 18, 2020
I don't have anything to say jare; na space I just book.

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Priest Sprays Holy Water From Squirt Gun To Maintain Social Distancing by thorpido(m): 8:14pm On May 18, 2020
Necessity is the mother of invention.

121 Likes 2 Shares

Re: American Priest Sprays Holy Water From Squirt Gun To Maintain Social Distancing by johnnyn1(m): 8:14pm On May 18, 2020
Ftc
Re: American Priest Sprays Holy Water From Squirt Gun To Maintain Social Distancing by onward4life(m): 8:18pm On May 18, 2020
It was written!!

Book of revelation!!!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Priest Sprays Holy Water From Squirt Gun To Maintain Social Distancing by SeverusSnape(m): 8:21pm On May 18, 2020
grin

I don't know why i find this funny.

Toy water guns we used those years to shoot ourselves.

69 Likes 3 Shares

Re: American Priest Sprays Holy Water From Squirt Gun To Maintain Social Distancing by demolinka(m): 8:22pm On May 18, 2020
"Shoot that gun in the name of..." cool

Na you talk am o

1 Like 1 Share

Re: American Priest Sprays Holy Water From Squirt Gun To Maintain Social Distancing by bentlywills(m): 8:22pm On May 18, 2020
E reach like that grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: American Priest Sprays Holy Water From Squirt Gun To Maintain Social Distancing by lekjons(m): 8:23pm On May 18, 2020
So what's the water supposed to do actually?

Since it's apparent the 'holy water' isn't anti-covid 19

61 Likes 3 Shares

Re: American Priest Sprays Holy Water From Squirt Gun To Maintain Social Distancing by dontro(m): 8:23pm On May 18, 2020
Priest no wan story grin

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: American Priest Sprays Holy Water From Squirt Gun To Maintain Social Distancing by Goldenheart(m): 8:23pm On May 18, 2020
tongue

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: American Priest Sprays Holy Water From Squirt Gun To Maintain Social Distancing by LibertyRep: 8:23pm On May 18, 2020
I'm not he himself has so much faith in the efficacy of the water he sprays.

2 Likes

Re: American Priest Sprays Holy Water From Squirt Gun To Maintain Social Distancing by Meteoroid: 8:23pm On May 18, 2020
GOD NA SCAM!

30 Likes 11 Shares

Re: American Priest Sprays Holy Water From Squirt Gun To Maintain Social Distancing by Mosesjoker(m): 8:23pm On May 18, 2020
desperate time calls for new Innovations.
Re: American Priest Sprays Holy Water From Squirt Gun To Maintain Social Distancing by Nicklaus619(m): 8:24pm On May 18, 2020
Stranger danger grin grin

Father be saying to himself

Abeg receive the holy spirit from here, take am, I say take am, I can't come and go and kill myself mbok grin grin

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Priest Sprays Holy Water From Squirt Gun To Maintain Social Distancing by Inferno001(m): 8:24pm On May 18, 2020
Wisdom is profitable to direct...obey your leaders was also stated in the bible and the govt has specified on social distancing so I think he's doing the right thing since the people won't stay home...since they need his prayers and still want "holy water"...

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: American Priest Sprays Holy Water From Squirt Gun To Maintain Social Distancing by Nobody: 8:24pm On May 18, 2020
Necessary.
Re: American Priest Sprays Holy Water From Squirt Gun To Maintain Social Distancing by Nobody: 8:24pm On May 18, 2020
FortifiedCity:
I don't have anything to say jare; na space I just book.
hahah
Re: American Priest Sprays Holy Water From Squirt Gun To Maintain Social Distancing by FrankAkowe: 8:24pm On May 18, 2020
It was an ingenius way.

3 Likes

Re: American Priest Sprays Holy Water From Squirt Gun To Maintain Social Distancing by Roozzaay(m): 8:24pm On May 18, 2020
These guys
Re: American Priest Sprays Holy Water From Squirt Gun To Maintain Social Distancing by Ambode4g(m): 8:25pm On May 18, 2020
After this pandemic the world will never remain the same again. what a time to be alive.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Priest Sprays Holy Water From Squirt Gun To Maintain Social Distancing by slyfox35(m): 8:25pm On May 18, 2020
Should have just said toy gun,that word “squirt” the kind bad things e don Dey associated with ehn

8 Likes

Re: American Priest Sprays Holy Water From Squirt Gun To Maintain Social Distancing by freshkpomo(m): 8:25pm On May 18, 2020
Wawu.

God bless Nigeria..
Re: American Priest Sprays Holy Water From Squirt Gun To Maintain Social Distancing by Nobody: 8:25pm On May 18, 2020
The holy water is for what exactly? Isn't it meant for protection and healing? And he's wearing protective gears whist spraying water that is supposed to protect him.

4 Likes

Re: American Priest Sprays Holy Water From Squirt Gun To Maintain Social Distancing by Samnewspaper01: 8:25pm On May 18, 2020
No be small thing oooo. Lobatan.
Re: American Priest Sprays Holy Water From Squirt Gun To Maintain Social Distancing by ProfAmaben(m): 8:25pm On May 18, 2020
grin, covid-19 has humbled all religious leaders, babalawo, celestial and white garment people all over the world

2 Likes

Re: American Priest Sprays Holy Water From Squirt Gun To Maintain Social Distancing by Factfinder1(m): 8:26pm On May 18, 2020
Nothing bad about his actions

At the end everyone goes home safe

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Oyedepo Offers Closing Sermon At Pastor Dare Adeboye's Farewell Service / Rev Fr Mbaka's Prophecies For 2018: "Buhari, Contest & Be Disgraced In 2019" / Abraham Daniels: Sacked Dunamis Pastor Blasts Pastors. Calls Them 'Businessmen'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.