Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,758 members, 7,824,177 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:02 AM

Rooney: Park ‘just As Important To Man Utd As Cristiano Ronaldo’ - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Rooney: Park ‘just As Important To Man Utd As Cristiano Ronaldo’ (235 Views)

Exactly How's Your Driving Record? Possibly Not Just As Good As You Assume / Cristiano Ronaldo: The King Of Modern Football / See Rooney Pleads Guilty For Drink-driving, Banned From Driving For 2-years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rooney: Park ‘just As Important To Man Utd As Cristiano Ronaldo’ by Adewalenle: 1:27am On May 19, 2020
Wayne Rooney believes Park Ji-Sung was just as important as Cristiano Ronaldo during Manchester United’s glittering spell under Sir Alex Ferguson. [url]SportVectru.com[/url]

Ronaldo is credited with playing a starring role in United’s memorable triumphs – including the 2007/08 campaign, in which they secured a Premier League and Champions League double.

The Portuguese superstar scored an incredible 42 goals in all competitions that year, a tally that ultimately helped him claim his first of five Ballon d’Or accolades in 2008.

But Rooney, who was also an integral member of Ferguson’s star-studded squad, has explained why Park deserves praise for his part too.

Rooney told The Times : “Like a lot of people I’ve been watching The Last Dance, the Netflix series centred on Michael Jordan. It’s especially interesting because of my experience of American sport: how it works in terms of contracts, the media and the fans.

“A fascinating part is following how Jordan, the superstar, becomes the total team player because he wants to win and realises that only the team can get him there.

“It makes me think about my own career. It’s crazy but if you mentioned Cristiano Ronaldo to a 12-year-old, they would immediately say, “Yeah, he was a brilliant player for Manchester United,” but if you said “Park Ji-sung” they may not know who he was.

“Yet all of us who played with Park know he was almost as important to our success.

Re: Rooney: Park ‘just As Important To Man Utd As Cristiano Ronaldo’ by howmarket2: 1:35am On May 19, 2020
grin
Re: Rooney: Park ‘just As Important To Man Utd As Cristiano Ronaldo’ by longetivity(m): 1:41am On May 19, 2020
one of the players that made me fall in love with man u and konami
Re: Rooney: Park ‘just As Important To Man Utd As Cristiano Ronaldo’ by GogetterMD(m): 2:44am On May 19, 2020
The Korean dynamo with lungs made up of a nuclear reactor. He'd run you ragged!
Loved by all, rarely would you find a fan who didn't love Ji Sung Park
Re: Rooney: Park ‘just As Important To Man Utd As Cristiano Ronaldo’ by Nobody: 3:59am On May 19, 2020
No be lie. JSP was a serial killer on the pitch. Knows what to with ball counter or no Counter. One of Man Utd underrated player amd unsung hero.

JSP baba.

(1) (Reply)

'it Is Very Painful' - Governor Ayade Cries Publicly Again / Everything Will Be Different’ After Pandemic, Says Pope. / Media Guru Reveals How Hushpuppi Has Dented Image Of Nigerians Abroad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.