Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,690 members, 7,820,411 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:23 PM

Why Nigeria May Never Move Forward - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Nigeria May Never Move Forward (581 Views)

Opinion:#endsars Panel-why Nigeria Will Not Move Forward With This Thinking / First Look: How Nigeria May Decide - ThisDay / Why Nigeria Still Needs Buhari – Tinubu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Nigeria May Never Move Forward by naijanative: 4:46am On May 19, 2020
I woke up yesterday to unsavoury post of Ade Cooker on her Rant HQ. I am Igbo and a member of the group. I have never even posted on that group, and rarely comments. I sometimes enjoy funny posts and stories there. There are thousands of Igbos like me that on that group, including my wife.

May be a few people may have cast aspirations on her, probably some of Igbo extraction (This is an assumption). I did even recognise that I am an Igbo on that group, just an ordinary person. I don't even read her personal post, she wasn't great at humour, I am not as well.

Imagine me waking up seeing the post “Why are Igbos touchy, are they on their period". At this point, I fully recognise that I'm an Igbo in that group. I didn't even border reporting her, I just left. I called my wife, she told me she saw it and left as well. Imagine the damage she caused.

Every right thinking person should caution her irrespective of tribe or religion. But no, some people support her because she's from their tribe or enemy of their enemy. But this does not end here. It has eaten deep into our fabric as a people. You see average Nigerian blindly supporting failed people, just because they are from their ethnic extraction.

We can never progress if we continue this way. For those that think Nigeria will get better, it's more of a dream than reality because we support evil and bigotry. It's headed gradually to downhill unless we collectively change.

2 Likes

Re: Why Nigeria May Never Move Forward by helinues: 5:27am On May 19, 2020
shocked

You people are the biggest hypocrite in this country.

Did you people advise Kanu and Ipob to stop cursing and abusing people? NO

What's Kanu's business with Buhari this, Tinubu that, Osinbajo those? Is that his method of achieving Utopia Biafra?

The name of the Facebook page is RantHQ, the admin is probably fed us with you people reckless talks hence ranting.

Make una no worry, part 2 of her rants to be continued on NL.

Nobody has Monopoly of stupidity

Nonsense

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Nigeria May Never Move Forward by Olominira(m): 5:34am On May 19, 2020
It's very unfortunate things like that is happening to us as a people. We are all human and no one is better than others. It wasn't this terrible until aftermath of 2015 presidential elections. I'd hold Nnamadi Kanu and Buhari's 5 percent comment accountable.

While Buhari's comment doesn't get repeated like that of Kanu. Kanu has caused a lot of damages that would take many years to correct. His hates towards other ethnicities which his followers constantly echo is highly disturbing. Nigeria do not need people like Kanu to be honest. Govt can be criticized without preaching hates, people can be criticized without hates.

I find it difficult to understand why I would be calling my nation a zoo when carrying the passport, when your parents are citizens, etc. What's the logic here?
Re: Why Nigeria May Never Move Forward by ican2020: 5:35am On May 19, 2020
helinues:
shocked

What's Kanu's business with Buhari this, Tinubu that, Osinbajo those?

The name of the Facebook page is RantHQ, the admin is probably fed us with you people reckless talks hence ranting.

Nonsense
You evil soul, you are here already.

May lgbos issue not kill you.

Leave them alone, wicked one

3 Likes

Re: Why Nigeria May Never Move Forward by naijanative: 5:39am On May 19, 2020
helinues:
shocked

What's Kanu's business with Buhari this, Tinubu that, Osinbajo those?

Nonsense

My brother, seems you didn't read my post. It's not about any tribe. Don't let hate becloud your thinking.

3 Likes

Re: Why Nigeria May Never Move Forward by helinues: 5:39am On May 19, 2020
ican2020:

You evil soul, you are here already.

May lgbos issue not kill you.

Leave them alone, wicked one

Story, walahi una go hear the continuation on NL.

Why do you guys like going to the kitchen when you know you can't take the heat.

This particular moniker is among those who have been cursing and abusing other tribes on NL yet when the table turned, they started crying foul.

No long talk .. Ranthq to be continued on NL...

1 Like

Re: Why Nigeria May Never Move Forward by naijanative: 5:42am On May 19, 2020
Olominira:
It's very unfortunate things like that is happening to us as a people. We are all human and no one is better than others. It wasn't this terrible until aftermath of 2015 presidential elections. I'd personally hold Nnamadi Kanu and Buhari's 5 percent comment accountable.

However, Kanu has caused a lot of damages that would take many years to correct. His hates towards other ethnicities which his followers constantly echoing is highly disturbing.

You're right man, you nailed it. I'm Igbo and equally condemn and dissociate with unguarded comments by both Kanu and Buhari. Buhari's own being worse because he's a president we expected to know or at least act better.
Re: Why Nigeria May Never Move Forward by helinues: 5:42am On May 19, 2020
naijanative:

My brother, seems you didn't read my post. It's not about any tribe. Don't let hate becloud your thinking.

I read it clearly bro.. I just hate hypocritical people.. Except if you are new on NL..

We all know which people have been blaming accusing and cursing others on social media, even when not necessary.

Why did they take this personal when they have done more than can this?

Ranting to be continued on NL

1 Like

Re: Why Nigeria May Never Move Forward by naijanative: 5:48am On May 19, 2020
helinues:

I read it clearly bro.. I just hate hypocritical people.. Except if you are new on NL..

We all know which people have been blaming accusing and cursing others on social media, even when not necessary.

Why did they take this personal when they have done more than can this?

Ranting to be continued on NL

Have you seen me cursing before? I don't even care about little known individuals rantings or spewing hatred. I see it here on Nairaland. I'm worried about leaders, influencers doing that.
Re: Why Nigeria May Never Move Forward by helinues: 5:52am On May 19, 2020
naijanative:

Have you seen me cursing before? I don't even care about little known individuals rantings or spewing hatred. I see it here on Nairaland. I'm worried about leaders, influencers doing that.

But you never said peem about this? Why are you now complaining because this affects your region?

If you guys have done the same to Kanu and his members, it would have been more fair.

This is simply hypocrisy

1 Like

Re: Why Nigeria May Never Move Forward by Olominira(m): 5:57am On May 19, 2020
naijanative:

It's very unfortunate my brother. Young people need to be focus on their careers and make good decisions for their coming generations. Our leaders have failed, this generation seems to be coming out worst.

Someone quoted me wrongly few weeks ago here, I checked his profile and comments, it was full of useless and tribal comments, he/she registered in late 2018 and already spent more than 2 months writing rubbish.

As a young man, I thought about my monthly income in same two months, I can't even imagine how people are wasting away their youthful lives on irrelevant things without knowing it. This is a time that may never be recovered.
Re: Why Nigeria May Never Move Forward by naijanative: 6:07am On May 19, 2020
Olominira:

It's very unfortunate my brother. Young people need to be focus on their careers

You said it all, joblessness. Instead of thinking how to better their future, all they think is hatred. Last, last we all are of no tribe at birth and death. Earlier we recognise this and live in harmony, it will be better for us.

1 Like

Re: Why Nigeria May Never Move Forward by AhoadaRivers: 7:17am On May 19, 2020
helinues:
shocked

What's Kanu's business with Buhari this, Tinubu that, Osinbajo those? Is that his method of achieving Utopia Biafra?

Nonsense

Did you embrace uwazurike and ben onwuka when they were running the Biafran cause without calling you out. Did you yorubas not insult uwazurike and onwuka?

Did you not mock them here on NL whenever they are killed and some stripped and publicly paraded by the police like common criminals?

Or you thought Nnamdi kanu wasn't reading you yoruba hate speeches against Uwazurike, Massob and Onwuka as at then.
You use your head carry ant-infested wood enter your hut, come dey wonder why lizard full your house. Eru abokki.
Re: Why Nigeria May Never Move Forward by viccipedia: 7:26am On May 19, 2020
Nothing lasts forever... this generation of political thinkers will pass away... matters like covid-19 will arise as you can see, there will be Revolution and rebellion. Things will definitely have to restart at some point. History has a way of repeating itself.
Re: Why Nigeria May Never Move Forward by psychalade: 7:37am On May 19, 2020
sigh...
This is frustrating. A divided country can never advance, it has become the bane of our development. embarassed

CoronaVirusRelo:
叹...
这令人沮丧。一个分裂的国家永远无法前进,它成为我们发展的祸根。
Re: Why Nigeria May Never Move Forward by helinues: 7:50am On May 19, 2020
AhoadaRivers:

Did you embrace uwazurike and ben onwuka when they were running the Biafran cause without calling you out. Did you yorubas not insult uwazurike and onwuka?

Did you not mock them here on NL whenever they are killed and some stripped and publicly paraded by the police like common criminals?

Or you thought Nnamdi kanu wasn't reading you yoruba hate speeches against Uwazurike, Massob and Onwuka as at then.
You use your head carry ant-infested wood enter your hut, come dey wonder why lizard full your house. Eru abokki.

Yhen Yhen..

Make I supply you a bucket and let see if you can fill it... angry grin
Re: Why Nigeria May Never Move Forward by Nobody: 7:57am On May 19, 2020
One would imagine that with the way Igbos celebrate Nnamdi Kanu and endorse all his hate and bile rhetoric, that they would have developed thick skin to accept what they dish out.

Unfortunately, the reverse is the case.

All of a sudden, people hate them just because they are being served the same meal they serve other ethnicities daily.

Strange, to say the least.

1 Like

Re: Why Nigeria May Never Move Forward by gidgiddy: 8:10am On May 19, 2020
Olominira:
It's very unfortunate things like that is happening to us as a people. We are all human and no one is better than others. It wasn't this terrible until aftermath of 2015 presidential elections. I'd hold Nnamadi Kanu and Buhari's 5 percent comment accountable.

While Buhari's comment doesn't get repeated like that of Kanu. Kanu has caused a lot of damages that would take many years to correct. His hates towards other ethnicities which his followers constantly echo is highly disturbing. Nigeria do not need people like Kanu to be honest. Govt can be criticized without preaching hates, people can be criticized without hates.

I find it difficult to understand why I would be calling my nation a zoo when carrying the passport, when your parents are citizens, etc. What's the logic here?

Unlike Buhari, Kanu does not hold any elective, governmental or public position. So why are you worried about what Kanu says? Is it a must that Kanu must love everyone? You should even be happy that Kanu called Nigeria a zoo, Nigeria is much worse than a zoo
Re: Why Nigeria May Never Move Forward by AhoadaRivers: 10:40am On May 19, 2020
helinues:

Yhen Yhen..

Make I supply you a bucket and let see if you can fill it... angry grin

Emotional yoroober mukite. grin

(1) (Reply)

COVID19 Is Now A Full Time Business In Nigeria, Gov Ben Of Cross River Says / Biafra: Time To Heal The Wounds (TheNation) / Edo 2020:promote Peace,stop The Confrontations, I Go Dye Writes Obaseki

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.