Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,471 members, 7,812,449 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:32 PM

Ondo May Soon Have Its COVID-19 Cure, Says Akeredolu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ondo May Soon Have Its COVID-19 Cure, Says Akeredolu (310 Views)

I Did Not Spend ₦‎7.3 Billion Contingency Fund On Myself, Says Akeredolu / If Atiku Emerged, Benue And Ondo May Face Brutal Retaliation From The Fulani / Obasanjo: We May Soon Say Goodbye To Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ondo May Soon Have Its COVID-19 Cure, Says Akeredolu by Sanromeo(m): 9:21am On May 19, 2020
Arakunrin Oluwarotimi Akeredolu, SAN, Governor of Ondo State, says the state may soon have its own cure for COVID-19.

According to NAN, Akeredolu stated this while giving an update on COVID-19 in the state on Monday.

Akeredolu said the government is encouraging traditional medicine practitioners in the state to find a cure for the disease.

He, however, warned the public against using unauthorised drugs and therapies for COVID-19.

Whatever the cure the state comes up with will still go through clinical authentication and approval,” he said.

There have been various suggestions and unauthorised recommendations of drugs and therapies for COVID-19. We wish to use this opportunity to advise the public against embarking on any harmful and indiscriminate act.

“All the herbal combinations and orthodox medicine, mostly being promoted and displayed on the social media and elsewhere, have not yet been authenticated and approved for clinical use.”

The governor urged the people of the state to promptly report any suspected case for medical review and appropriate treatment.

According to him, the latest confirmed COVID-19 case lives in the state and has never travelled outside the state in recent times, thus indicating that there is community transmission.

“Our records of only four confirmed new cases support that the curve is not flattening yet and that there is still much to be done,” he said.

The governor also said he would meet with religious leaders and other stakeholders in the state to explore options for the resumption of religious activities in the state.

“We will accelerate such consultations and review. Without doubt, the people will hear from me very soon,” he added.

https://www.thecable.ng/extra-ondo-may-soon-have-its-covid-19-cure-says-akeredolu

Re: Ondo May Soon Have Its COVID-19 Cure, Says Akeredolu by BranddesignerH: 9:22am On May 19, 2020
Wow

And that will mean more money for the state.
Re: Ondo May Soon Have Its COVID-19 Cure, Says Akeredolu by Oluromantic: 9:24am On May 19, 2020
Proud of my state, proud of my governor. The glory of the sun never goes down. You'll keep shining.
Re: Ondo May Soon Have Its COVID-19 Cure, Says Akeredolu by Davash222(m): 9:25am On May 19, 2020
We have ours already in Warri since February.

Re: Ondo May Soon Have Its COVID-19 Cure, Says Akeredolu by Sammy07: 9:26am On May 19, 2020
Akeredolu is going traditional way.

At least if we gather traditional medicine practitioners in Ondo, Idanre, Ilaje grin
We should find the cure. grin

Osun and Ibadan are known for good herbal medicine, they should try and find the cure nah. grin
If Aregbesola was still the governor of Osun, he would have gone traditional way, I trust him cool

1 Like

Re: Ondo May Soon Have Its COVID-19 Cure, Says Akeredolu by BigTableShaker(f): 9:26am On May 19, 2020
Omoluabi
Re: Ondo May Soon Have Its COVID-19 Cure, Says Akeredolu by BigTableShaker(f): 9:28am On May 19, 2020
Davash222:
You have ours already in Warri since February.
??
Re: Ondo May Soon Have Its COVID-19 Cure, Says Akeredolu by Sammy07: 9:28am On May 19, 2020
Davash222:
We have ours already in Warri since February.

What you have is malaria cure grin
Re: Ondo May Soon Have Its COVID-19 Cure, Says Akeredolu by Davash222(m): 9:29am On May 19, 2020
BigTableShaker:

??
Typos. Thanks.
Re: Ondo May Soon Have Its COVID-19 Cure, Says Akeredolu by TheGreatFinesse: 9:30am On May 19, 2020
THIS CONFUSED TRIBE SHA

Re: Ondo May Soon Have Its COVID-19 Cure, Says Akeredolu by BigTableShaker(f): 9:30am On May 19, 2020
Davash222:

Typos. Thanks.
Yester, Lavisha made a typho and you rained all sorts of insult on her.
Now see yourself.
SMH
Re: Ondo May Soon Have Its COVID-19 Cure, Says Akeredolu by GamalNasser: 9:31am On May 19, 2020
Curing COVID is pretty simple for someone like , I already have many cure protocols lined up
Re: Ondo May Soon Have Its COVID-19 Cure, Says Akeredolu by illicit(m): 9:31am On May 19, 2020
Akeredolu is politically and medically Correct on this one
Re: Ondo May Soon Have Its COVID-19 Cure, Says Akeredolu by TheGreatFinesse: 9:32am On May 19, 2020
Ok
Re: Ondo May Soon Have Its COVID-19 Cure, Says Akeredolu by Davash222(m): 9:33am On May 19, 2020
BigTableShaker:

Yester, Lavisha made a typho and you rained all sorts of insult on her.
Now see yourself.
That's not true. She insulted my tribe. I didn't even noticed her typos.
Re: Ondo May Soon Have Its COVID-19 Cure, Says Akeredolu by Bodexman(m): 9:36am On May 19, 2020
BranddesignerH:
Wow

And that will mean more money for the state.

God has blessed us with everything we need to survive but black man is always waiting for the white man to put some things together and sell to them.

As if intelligence is only given to the white.

It is God that creates plants & herbs for mankind. It is now left for man to use it for his own good.
Re: Ondo May Soon Have Its COVID-19 Cure, Says Akeredolu by BigTableShaker(f): 9:37am On May 19, 2020
Davash222:

That's not true. She insulted my tribe. I didn't even noticed her typos.
How?!
It's was an opinion, not a fact.
Even the OP knew she was right.
Honestly, we should learn to be matured here.
If you check my previous comment, you will find Igbo Amaka everwhere but I ain't Igbo.
Y'all like to take praise but not criticism.
Re: Ondo May Soon Have Its COVID-19 Cure, Says Akeredolu by Davash222(m): 9:38am On May 19, 2020
BigTableShaker:

How?!
If you check my previous comment, you will find Igbo Amaka everwhere but I ain't Igbo.

See for yourself. I was only trying to know her reason for saying the friend must be Igbo. Besides, I was only asking her a question

Re: Ondo May Soon Have Its COVID-19 Cure, Says Akeredolu by Sammy07: 9:45am On May 19, 2020
BigTableShaker:

How?!

You know them.

(1) (Reply)

COVID-19: Governor Sanwo-Olu Holds Virtual Meeting With Religious Leaders / Nigeria Oil Drilling Rig And Platform On FIRE (video Footage) / Buhari Legally Right To Address Nigerians Through SGF – Lawyers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.