Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,932 members, 7,814,166 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:15 AM

Customer Taking Legal Action Against A Commercial Bank In Nigeria - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Customer Taking Legal Action Against A Commercial Bank In Nigeria (458 Views)

Commercial Bank Of Ethiopia Glitch Lets Customers Withdraw Millions / Disturbing Pictures From Nigeria Commercial Bank Halls (photos) / Nigeria Takes Action Against Unregistered Online Money Lenders (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Customer Taking Legal Action Against A Commercial Bank In Nigeria by mega13(m): 2:03pm On May 19, 2020
My dearest comrades of the Nairaland forum, I humbly present myself before you all for a professional advice due to the draconian style of services a new generational bank has subjected me into.
The whole issue started sometimes in August,2014 ; when I took up a five years loan to support my business, a year after the said bank approached me advising me that they are willing to help me anytime I need a top up on the existing loan provided I'm not faulted in my monthly payment process.
Sequel to the above development, I approached the said bank for a top up on my existing loan of which the final date set aside for the loan to be completely liquidated is 31st April, 2020 provided I'm Faithful to my monthly payment date of which I'm proud to say I'm . A copy to such repayment schedule issued to me by the said bank is in my possession till date.
Two years ago, I noticed some incessant irregularities from the said bank by hyper-inflated repayment alerts on my account during the same period I also noticed multiple deductions of my monthly payments in a month; I went to my local bank were I lodged my complaint during which "they said the mistakes was due to the fact that they upgraded their software from Pinnacle 7 to Pinnacle 10" in the process I demanded for a new printout of my loan repayment schedule from them of I was given.
Just recently my instinct was telling me to mail my said bank with my account details to know the present status of my said loan repayment which I knew were supposed to be fully liquidated by now, alas I was given the shocked of my life by adding another sum of 71,432.08 into my existing loan, though I replied then by disagreeing to their assertion when I have all the evidence and moral justification to fight for my right. Meanwhile, the money in question is less than 100k but I knew many has been duped in such a manner.
I humbly solicit your assistance on how and which of the Industrial Course or Commercial Court can entertained my complaint.
The Jurisdiction of the my complaint is in South South ,Portland Harcourt, Rivers State.
Thanks for your meaningful contributions are welcome here.
Re: Customer Taking Legal Action Against A Commercial Bank In Nigeria by gsegun43: 2:08pm On May 19, 2020
Re: Customer Taking Legal Action Against A Commercial Bank In Nigeria by ment2: 3:40pm On May 19, 2020
hi, if I may be of help to you. the issue you find yourself is a daily reoccurrence in the banking sector in Nigeria. virtually all bank customers that seek for loan suffer the same thing. it is only few of them that are not deep into this activities. if you want justice or a refund for money taken out of your account, then take the following step.
1. avoid going to any court because you might not have the financial strength to fight the case.
2. the court process may take your time and money which you may win or loss.
3. seek for a financial consultant.

BENEFITS: your will be refunded with interest on the number of days or months your money has been with them. And your refund will be within 2 to 3 months.
If there are excess charges as against CBN approved charges will be refunded.
THE FINANCIAL CONSULTANT WILL REQUIRE THE FOLLOWING:
You will need to provide your offer letter with which the contract was entered and statements of account showing all loan repayment. and any letter or notification showing any change in interest charges.

you can contact me if you need my attention. I base in port Harcourt. zero 8 zero 688 five 2776.

1 Like

Re: Customer Taking Legal Action Against A Commercial Bank In Nigeria by layzie: 5:50pm On May 19, 2020
Op
1. Print your account statement from the date the loan was disbursed till date.
2. Also request loan account statement from loan inception to date.
3. Reconcile it yourself in this lockdown. If u still feel there are irregularities, take the proof- being the statements to your branch manager. If the explanation is not ok, write the bank officially with your proof. And let it progress from there.

Court should be your last resort

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Online Skills Using Your Smartphone / Cheap Data Bundles..1gb Mtn For #400 / How To Make #500,000 To #1m Per Month With Exportation Business In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.