Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,320 members, 7,819,085 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:00 AM

Deal With The Main Enemies First, Let God Deal With Your Human Enemies - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Deal With The Main Enemies First, Let God Deal With Your Human Enemies (163 Views)

The Main Message Of The Bible: The Major Reason The Bible Was Written / Jesus Is Not God! Romans 3:4 Kjv Let God Be True, But Every Man A Liar; / Let God Love You Instead - Joseph Prince (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Deal With The Main Enemies First, Let God Deal With Your Human Enemies by davidinchrist(m): 7:08pm On May 19, 2020
True followers of Jesus should not WRESTLE with Flesh and Blood: neighbours, "village people", rivals/partners, accusers, persecutors, angry or argumentative people, and other humans in general.

Our welfares are spiritual with the EVIL forces of darkness, NOT physical or Carnal. 2 Corinth. 10:4

To fight these battles, we've got to first set things right with Jesus by Repenting of Sins/Worldliness.

We CAN'T overcome the devil in Sins.

Evil CANNOT overcome Evil/Darkness

But Light will certainly overcome Darkness.

If we are walking in Sins--Darkness, We won't get any backup from Jesus to overcome.

Unfortunately, our common Pastors/Churches have made us consciously or unconsciously believe that our Enemies are MAINLY Flesh and Blood: Human Enemies.

If you don't believe that then listen carefully to some of their sermons or prayer points; sometimes full of Curses; demonic, selfish, and "unchristlike" utterances in general.

Many of them are no doubt "smarter" than Jesus and His Apostles who said:

"Love your Enemies"

"Do good to those who Hate you"

"Overcome Evil with good"

"Vengeance is Mine, I will repay, says The Lord."

It's the devil's great pleasure to see them disobeying those commands above because they are trying to be WISER than Jesus.

Hence, we remain defeated for lack of OBEDIENCE.

Yes, the Bible says "Resist the Devil and he will flee!"

Very true, but BEFORE that it says SUBMIT TO GOD.

NOTHING will work if we don't follow the flow:

1. SUBMIT to God: Repent, Surrender to Him: obey His commandments even if they sound like FOOLISHNESS to man (e.g love your human enemies; do good to them).

2. RESIST the devil: Yes, by faith then rebuke the devil.

3. And he will FLEE!

Now, many of us won't like to do all that, but would rather prefer to go for "religious" SHORTCUTS.

We most times prefer to jump through hoops to see different brands of PROPHETS (from mountains to mountains; churches to churches). Fasting and Praying; attending meetings or crusades with no major results.

Some Christians might even like to visit traditional professors/herbalist, soothsayers, etc. These ideas are usually from friends or their "beloved" LOCAL MOVIES.

Alas, many of these Prophets/Churches are BOND servants of the devil in secret: WOLVES IN SHEEP'S CLOTHING.

They won't lead you to GENUINE Repentance/Salvation; BUT only promising them GREAT signs and wonders WITH MANY Stories, but later to blame people for lack of faith.

Therefore, people continue being bond SLAVES of these False Prophets/Churches because they REJECT the Truth, but want shortcuts: FALSE signs and wonders.

James 4:7 KJV
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will FLEE from you.

Listen to Paul to Timothy:

2 Timothy 4:14 KJV
Alexander the coppersmith DID ME MUCH EVIL: the Lord REWARD him according to his works:

To the Romans:

Romans 12:19 KJV
Dearly beloved, AVENGE NOT YOURSELVES, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is MINE; I will REPAY, saith the Lord.

ONE LAST VERSE: (my comments in brackets)

Romans 16:19-20 KJV
For your OBEDIENCE is come abroad unto ALL MEN . I am glad therefore on your behalf... (because YOU have been OBEYING Jesus for Real...)

[20](THEREFORE...) And the God of peace shall BRUISE Satan UNDER YOUR FEET SHORTLY. ...

May we humble ourselves by Submitting and Obeying Jesus, to have the devil crushed under our feets; and NOT SITTING ON OUR HEADS.

May Jesus Bless You.
Re: Deal With The Main Enemies First, Let God Deal With Your Human Enemies by davidinchrist(m): 8:39am On May 20, 2020
Matthew 12:29-30 KJV
Or else how can one enter into a STRONG man's house, and spoil his goods, except he first BIND the strong man? and then he will SPOIL his house.

[30] He that is NOT with me is against me; and he that gathereth NOT with me scattereth abroad.
Re: Deal With The Main Enemies First, Let God Deal With Your Human Enemies by davidinchrist(m): 6:20pm On May 21, 2020
Matthew 5:44 KJV
But I say unto you, Love your ENEMIES, Bless them that curse you, do GOOD to them that HATE you, and PRAY for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;

Matthew 5:45,48 KJV
That ye may be the CHILDREN of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the EVIL and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the UNJUST. [48] Be ye therefore Perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is PERFECT.

(1) (Reply)

INHERITANCES Episode 1, Christian Story / Embracing Mystery / Before You Sleep, Meditate And Pray With This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.