Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,010 members, 7,817,977 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:17 AM

My Friend Attempted Suicide Over Business Debt..Advice Him please - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / My Friend Attempted Suicide Over Business Debt..Advice Him please (598 Views)

How Loan Company Scattered My Friend's Birthday Party / Kuda Bank Called EFCC On My Friend Over N800k - Bryson Adah Cole / Please Help, A Friend Wants To Commit Suicide Over Business Debt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Friend Attempted Suicide Over Business Debt..Advice Him please by shegman4jesus: 10:18pm On May 19, 2020
My friend is owning 3 people the sum of 1.6m naira due to an unsucceful business, he told me 3 weeks ago about how suicidal thought had been coming to his mind due to the pressure from his creditors, i just told him to be calm that all will soon become a story. I never knew it was that serious until his girlfriend called some days ago that my friend his admitted in clinic due to the bottle of sniper he took, attempting to commit suicide but was rescued..Getting to the clinic, i was told by one of the nurses that my friend was almost lifeless when he was brought to the clinic..When i got to his ward, he told me what he did and felt so bad it wasnt successful, infact while I was there one of the creditors keeps calling and my friend was like can you see, am just tired of life..At this moment am confused and feel so sorry for him..please advice a friend..
Re: My Friend Attempted Suicide Over Business Debt..Advice Him please by MightySparrow: 10:37pm On May 19, 2020
If dying will allow him to pay his debt, Why not? Let him die na! What will he do if lost 16billion business? Before his death let him ask business champions how many embarassments they suffered. Failure is a part of life. Life victories belong to rugged riders and hopefuls not jellys. Pls show him this post before he dies.

1 Like

Re: My Friend Attempted Suicide Over Business Debt..Advice Him please by Taywon: 10:39pm On May 19, 2020
Debt must be paid..... Ur life belongs to U
Re: My Friend Attempted Suicide Over Business Debt..Advice Him please by HarunaWest(m): 10:49pm On May 19, 2020
shegman4jesus:
My friend is owning 3 people the sum of 1.6m naira due to an unsucceful business, he told me 3 weeks ago about how suicidal thought had been coming to his mind due to the pressure from his creditors, i just told him to be calm that all will soon become a story. I never knew it was that serious until his girlfriend called some days ago that my friend his admitted in clinic due to the bottle of sniper he took, attempting to commit suicide but was rescued..Getting to the clinic, i was told by one of the nurses that my friend was almost lifeless when he was brought to the clinic..When i got to his ward, he told me what he did and felt so bad it wasnt successful, infact while I was there one of the creditors keeps calling and my friend was like can you see, am just tired of life..At this moment am confused and feel so sorry for him..please advice a friend..
If he commits suicide and owes debt.. that one na hell fire

1 Like

Re: My Friend Attempted Suicide Over Business Debt..Advice Him please by thorpido(m): 11:00pm On May 19, 2020
Let the debtors take home to court or the police station.At the end they will ask that he works out a way to pay
Killing himself doesn't end the issue.
Re: My Friend Attempted Suicide Over Business Debt..Advice Him please by longetivity(m): 11:19pm On May 19, 2020
when your friend is about to collect the loan am very sure he will be happy, now that it's time for him to pay his debt he's thinking of dieing....... die kill am there people are wicked shaa

1 Like

Re: My Friend Attempted Suicide Over Business Debt..Advice Him please by Nobody: 11:36pm On May 19, 2020
shegman4jesus:
I understand what your friend is passing through but only him can truly help himself (unless he has someone who can give him that kind of cash) .

your friend should know that if he can only keep the fight, by this time next year he would be worrying mostly about another problem-thats life-one is only out if he taps out.

Remind your guy about the problem he would heap on those he plans on leaving behind-is that fair to them?
live (especially a healthy one) is a precious gift, if he eventually commits suicide (God forbid) during the moment before he goes or after, he would come to realise why millions brave pains and disappointments to go on.
By the way, he should try liquidation of some assets (if he has any) to pay off a section of his debts
Re: My Friend Attempted Suicide Over Business Debt..Advice Him please by sholatech(m): 11:50pm On May 19, 2020
I can relate with this. Please encourage him, he will come out of it stronger & a better business man.

Many of us business men had such stories to tell. I had a mentor who also ran away from a bad debt till they almost arrested his aged father. Now he owns a multi billion naira business & keeps holding many important Government appointments. What if he had taken his life?

I was in bad debt for 7 years with bank breathing down my neck & even instigating partners to use police to hound me. Slept in police cell once. But i kept hanging on, paid little by little & ignored the devilish temptation to commit suicide as the amount payable to bank was as if i cant make such in my life. Now, i worked harder, rejigged my businesses, finished paying & those bankers & former partners now ask me for advice & guidance.

Let him man up & face life battles. This too shall pass!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Friend Attempted Suicide Over Business Debt..Advice Him please by Jeffy1206(m): 5:39am On May 20, 2020
What of the people he's also owing Won't they also suffer the same fate if their own business crashes because he refused to pay his debt and cowardly killed himself?
Re: My Friend Attempted Suicide Over Business Debt..Advice Him please by shegman4jesus: 9:45pm On May 25, 2020
Re: My Friend Attempted Suicide Over Business Debt..Advice Him please by shegman4jesus: 9:46pm On May 25, 2020
Jeffy1206:
I tire oo

(1) (Reply)

Removed / How To Earn $900 Weekly On Rev.com / Buy Your Cowskin(kponmo) In Ibadan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.