Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,654 members, 7,809,477 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:15 AM

Motorists Spend Their Night On Ikoyi Road In Lagos For Violating Curfew - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Motorists Spend Their Night On Ikoyi Road In Lagos For Violating Curfew (43635 Views)

Man Drowns While Riding A Jet-Ski On Ikoyi Waterways / Jabi Lake Park: Where ABUJA Residents Spend Their Weekends (pics, Video) / Nigeria Fines Uk-based Flairjet For Violating Aviation Regulations (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Motorists Spend Their Night On Ikoyi Road In Lagos For Violating Curfew by michoim(m): 8:31am On May 20, 2020
rawtouch:
grin

if a thief marries a witch and they give birth to a prostitute, who will sleep in the house at night
God forbid!
Re: Motorists Spend Their Night On Ikoyi Road In Lagos For Violating Curfew by Nobody: 8:33am On May 20, 2020
zikter:
I say drive, mind you. It doesn't mean leg. If i am trekking, it can take me over 1 hour, after hard day's work, which is not possible. But on a free road, I can drive 80-100km/hr and reach my office. So there is a difference between trek/time and drive/time distance
You drive 80-100km/hr for a 15 minute journey? and every one else probarbly wants to or does the same, sad that's why you people are all held up.

Have you people never heard of cycling? .
Re: Motorists Spend Their Night On Ikoyi Road In Lagos For Violating Curfew by adenigga(m): 8:34am On May 20, 2020
rawtouch:
grin

if a thief marries a witch and they give birth to a prostitute, who will sleep in the house at night

Dem spirits go dey house now in case of emergency, they will just send alert to them. Lol.
Re: Motorists Spend Their Night On Ikoyi Road In Lagos For Violating Curfew by tete7000(m): 8:35am On May 20, 2020
zikter:
Well said, many people don't understand the intricacies of lagos. A 20mins drive can take you 4hours as if you are going to Benin

Don't mind people who don't know anything. I worked on a construction site somewhere in V/I in 2014 and had two colleagues who worked with me on site. One lived in Egbeda, the other in Iyana Ipaja. The one that lived in Egbeda had his family in Ibadan and used to go to Ibadan over the weekends. Now while we left site, the one heading to Ibadan would have got home in Ibadan while the Ipaja man would still be in traffic. So we used to joke that is it not even better to be coming in every morning from Ibadan to Lagos than living in Lagos itself?. Such is the irony of Lagos, and if you look at it critically if not that our leaders are bunch of morons, the ideal way to decongest Lagos is to create fast rail system that can bring people in from neighboring town (Ibadan and abeokuta plus sagamu) allowing people work in Lagos and live in those cities.

1 Like

Re: Motorists Spend Their Night On Ikoyi Road In Lagos For Violating Curfew by Lush100(m): 8:44am On May 20, 2020
Exactly.
Aptly said.

Zico5:
The
earlier the better these people allow everyone to go back to their normal business. Whether we like it or not covid-19 is already in our midst and the only way out is for everyone to take to all the preventive measures stated by NCDC. We can't shut Nigerians out. They must hustle for their daily survival.
Re: Motorists Spend Their Night On Ikoyi Road In Lagos For Violating Curfew by otosa(m): 8:44am On May 20, 2020
edoairways:
Stubborn people
keep your mouth shut, are u living in Lagos? If you are living in Lagos, you will understand the meaning of traffic. Just imagine someone leaving office at Apapa and around 3 O'clock going to Gbagada and till 10 o'clock you are still on the road never get home.

1 Like

Re: Motorists Spend Their Night On Ikoyi Road In Lagos For Violating Curfew by COMPAQ(m): 8:44am On May 20, 2020
Zico5:
The earlier the better these people allow everyone to go back to their normal business. Whether we like it or not covid-19 is already in our midst and the only way out is for everyone to take to all the preventive measures stated by NCDC. We can't shut Nigerians out. They must hustle for their daily survival.

They must hustle, yes, but must it be at night!!??
Re: Motorists Spend Their Night On Ikoyi Road In Lagos For Violating Curfew by zikter(m): 8:46am On May 20, 2020
gypsey:
You drive 80-100km/hr for a 15 minute journey? and every one else probarbly wants to or does the same, sad that's why you people are all held up.

you still don't get it. There are times when the road is free. e.g by 4am-5am you can afford to drive at that speed because cars are not many on road. You can't do that at 6, 7, 8am and 4pm which are traffic peak hours. And please note that no one tries to run with a car when you have traffic. You can only run when the road is free. That is how you come about determining the normal travel time and during traffic hours as I told you.
On cycling, you have traffic laws in Lagos against motor cycles, you wouldn't want to use a bicycle for a 15minutes drive distance due to the energy you can use, that is after working tired at work plus high risk of accidentYou will not understand but believe me, it is not as simple as you think.

1 Like

Re: Motorists Spend Their Night On Ikoyi Road In Lagos For Violating Curfew by Americanboy35: 8:46am On May 20, 2020
curfew can not work in a place like lagos
Re: Motorists Spend Their Night On Ikoyi Road In Lagos For Violating Curfew by zikter(m): 8:46am On May 20, 2020
gypsey:

you still don't get it. There are times when the road is free. e.g by 4am-5am you can afford to drive at that speed because cars are not many on road. You can't do that at 6, 7, 8am and 4pm which are traffic peak hours. And please note that no one tries to run with a car when you have traffic. You can only run when the road is free. That is how you come about determining the normal travel time and during traffic hours as I told you.
On cycling, you have traffic laws in Lagos against motor cycles, you wouldn't want to use a bicycle for a 15minutes drive distance due to the energy you can use, that is after working tired at work plus high risk of accident. You will not understand but believe me, it is not as simple as you think.
Re: Motorists Spend Their Night On Ikoyi Road In Lagos For Violating Curfew by Joseph1063: 8:48am On May 20, 2020
U don't have an idea about Lagos traffic even if u leave office 4pm u can't get home 8pm...

1 Like

Re: Motorists Spend Their Night On Ikoyi Road In Lagos For Violating Curfew by zikter(m): 8:49am On May 20, 2020
tete7000:

Don't mind people who don't know anything. I worked on a construction site somewhere in V/I in 2014 and had two colleagues who worked with me on site. One lived in Egbeda, the other in Iyana Ipaja. The one that lived in Egbeda had his family in Ibadan and used to go to Ibadan over the weekends. Now while we left site, the one heading to Ibadan would have got home in Ibadan while the Ipaja man would still be in traffic. So we used to joke that is it not even better to be coming in every morning from Ibadan to Lagos than living in Lagos itself?. Such is the irony of Lagos, and if you look at it critically if not that our leaders are bunch of morons, the ideal way to decongest Lagos is to create fast rail system that can bring people in from neighboring town (Ibadan and abeokuta plus sagamu) allowing people work in Lagos and live in those cities.
Yes, the situation is that pathetic. The metro line is completely on hold, I don't know why. The tiredness occasioned by traffic sometimes outweighs the one due to work
Re: Motorists Spend Their Night On Ikoyi Road In Lagos For Violating Curfew by jaxxy(m): 8:50am On May 20, 2020
Lol were indisciplined people so good job
Re: Motorists Spend Their Night On Ikoyi Road In Lagos For Violating Curfew by Doyin2(m): 8:50am On May 20, 2020
rawtouch:
grin

Bad boy ; grin
Re: Motorists Spend Their Night On Ikoyi Road In Lagos For Violating Curfew by eleko1: 8:50am On May 20, 2020
shocked nothing served dem rite.If u are working,mobile,u won’t tyoe dis.In dis same Lagos,pipu wake up at 3.AM,hit the road at 3.40 just to beat the traffic.Do u Even knw that there are market dat sell at 3.00AM?Lagos traffic,nor be here
Angelawhite:
Serves them right

1 Like

Re: Motorists Spend Their Night On Ikoyi Road In Lagos For Violating Curfew by columbus007(m): 8:50am On May 20, 2020
They should sleep there for all I care I no send them message na
Re: Motorists Spend Their Night On Ikoyi Road In Lagos For Violating Curfew by Ganiyu2021: 9:05am On May 20, 2020
rawtouch:
grin

shocked grin grin
Re: Motorists Spend Their Night On Ikoyi Road In Lagos For Violating Curfew by Nobody: 9:07am On May 20, 2020
Zico5:
The earlier the better these people allow everyone to go back to their normal business. Whether we like it or not covid-19 is already in our midst and the only way out is for everyone to take to all the preventive measures stated by NCDC. We can't shut Nigerians out. They must hustle for their daily survival.
Re: Motorists Spend Their Night On Ikoyi Road In Lagos For Violating Curfew by DavidEsq(m): 9:08am On May 20, 2020
rawtouch:
grin

The one na core ancestors proverb o! cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy. I see a young mind in an old soul grin grin grin grin
Re: Motorists Spend Their Night On Ikoyi Road In Lagos For Violating Curfew by CsRockefeller(m): 9:11am On May 20, 2020
Last week Tuesday I slept on d road it was like a movie. Police blocked incoming and outgoing bound vehicles on the Lagos Ibadan expressway.

Mosquitoes bite my life not forgetting the cold. I fell ill for 2 days and couldn't go to work the next day.

Same thing almost happened yesterday but I dodge am pass grin

It's not funny sha this curfew should be scrapped let everything return to normalcy.

You need to see d traffic this morning, LagBus doesn't load full passengers anymore, bus fare has shot up, I'm tired of everything. sad

1 Like

Re: Motorists Spend Their Night On Ikoyi Road In Lagos For Violating Curfew by Dynahair15: 9:13am On May 20, 2020
Simple instructions Nigerians won't hear
Re: Motorists Spend Their Night On Ikoyi Road In Lagos For Violating Curfew by Amiblaize77(f): 9:15am On May 20, 2020
DenreleDave:
Which curfew sef?

Curfew are for low budget geng wey dey wear fake rolex

But high end geng like us, no curfew can hold us down..... We rather hit soldier and police comot for road than be held down for violating curfew for some dancing Corona patient in music isolation..

Geng Geng Geng

Here in anambra, the road is free like way to hell....

You are so right. I live in Ikoyi and last night by 10 i still drove to VI. We do the normal normal for road na.(if you know what i mean).
Re: Motorists Spend Their Night On Ikoyi Road In Lagos For Violating Curfew by habinccigroup: 9:26am On May 20, 2020
Next time they should stay at home..... Nobody is above the law...... That's why I like what Governor Wike is doing in Rivers state, it's the best way
Re: Motorists Spend Their Night On Ikoyi Road In Lagos For Violating Curfew by ewizard1: 9:26am On May 20, 2020
I can see a lot of people talking about what they dont know in Lagos.

1 Like

Re: Motorists Spend Their Night On Ikoyi Road In Lagos For Violating Curfew by Nobody: 9:27am On May 20, 2020
Zico5:

How many of the people you see there are taking the preventive measures?

How many of them can be arrested when the IGP has ordered that no one should be in his cells?

How many of them can be tried without overwhelming the court?

Even educated people would flaunt the measures. How much more, illiterates who don't even believe in the existence of a virus.

1 Like

Re: Motorists Spend Their Night On Ikoyi Road In Lagos For Violating Curfew by HundredWays(m): 9:32am On May 20, 2020
DenreleDave:
Which curfew sef?

Curfew are for low budget geng wey dey wear fake rolex

But high end geng like us, no curfew can hold us down..... We rather hit soldier and police comot for road than be held down for violating curfew for some dancing Corona patient in music isolation..

Geng Geng Geng

Here in anambra, the road is free like way to hell....
wolve in sheep clothing... Why do u guys feel comfortable using the "f" instead on "m"
Re: Motorists Spend Their Night On Ikoyi Road In Lagos For Violating Curfew by DenreleDave(m): 9:34am On May 20, 2020
HundredWays:
wolve in sheep clothing... Why do u guys feel comfortable using the "f" instead on "m"

Ask seun

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Air Peace Women Pilots Lead All Female Crew On Flights To Abuja, Owerri. Photos / Bad Road: This Is Gafaru Street In Ikotun, Alimosho LGA, Lagos State, Nigeria / Beautiful Photos And Video Of Elegushi Beach At Night

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.