Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,782 members, 7,820,736 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:29 PM

Rwanda Takes Delivery Of Robots That Can Screen ‘150 People/minute’ For Covid19. - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Rwanda Takes Delivery Of Robots That Can Screen ‘150 People/minute’ For Covid19. (839 Views)

150 People Died In Kano From An Unknown Disease / Coronavirus: Robots Spraying Disinfectant In China (Photos) / Male Nurse Takes Delivery Of Baby With Cord Around The Neck In Keke Napep (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rwanda Takes Delivery Of Robots That Can Screen ‘150 People/minute’ For Covid19. by nairafamedotcom: 11:39am On May 20, 2020
The Rwandan government has taken delivery of 5 humanoid robots which can screen and deliver foods and drugs to those suffering from Coronavirus.

BBC reported that the country’s health minister, Daniel Ngamije made the announcement on Tuesday May 19. He also disclosed that the robots were brought in to reduce the exposure of health workers to COVID-19 patients.

Ngamije said;
"We need additional robots for other duties like disinfection in public space and we are working to get them."

The 5 robots which were named Akazuba, Ikizere, Mwiza, Ngabo and Urumuri, are manufactured by a Belgium-based company.

Rwanda's health ministry says the units have a number of abilities, including:

Screening 50 to 150 people per minute
Recording and storing patient data
Alerting health workers to abnormalities
Warning people who aren't wearing marks, or are wearing them improperly

There are two Coronavirus treatment facilities in Rwanda, one is on the outskirts of the capital Kigali and the other in the south-eastern town of Nyamata.

The country has so far recorded 308 confirmed cases of Coronavirus, 203 recoveries and no deaths.

See More Photos Below
https://www.nairafame.com/2020/05/rwanda-takes-delivery-of-robots-that.html

1 Like

Re: Rwanda Takes Delivery Of Robots That Can Screen ‘150 People/minute’ For Covid19. by ContractKiller: 11:50am On May 20, 2020
What are the idiots in Aso Rock doing?

4 Likes

Re: Rwanda Takes Delivery Of Robots That Can Screen ‘150 People/minute’ For Covid19. by Amarabae(f): 11:58am On May 20, 2020
A small landlocked country developing very fast all around while a big for nothing Nigeria with unlimited access to sea is going down daily .
1914 a huge mistake was made that year

4 Likes

Re: Rwanda Takes Delivery Of Robots That Can Screen ‘150 People/minute’ For Covid19. by loosecanon50(m): 11:59am On May 20, 2020
Meanwhile in Nigeria we are still battling power supply, yorubas and igbos fighting e-War any slight opportunity they get while the fulanis keep suppressing us down and cashing out. The only place in Nigeria where you can see humanoid robot is on TV

5 Likes

Re: Rwanda Takes Delivery Of Robots That Can Screen ‘150 People/minute’ For Covid19. by Nwanyiogwashi(f): 12:01pm On May 20, 2020
cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: Rwanda Takes Delivery Of Robots That Can Screen ‘150 People/minute’ For Covid19. by truthonmission: 12:22pm On May 20, 2020
This is a very small landlock country, doing very well in all indices

2 Likes

Re: Rwanda Takes Delivery Of Robots That Can Screen ‘150 People/minute’ For Covid19. by ImDStar: 12:26pm On May 20, 2020
Very commendable.
whereas, we are still debating whether or not the government is using 600m for school feeding while our students are resting at home.
Re: Rwanda Takes Delivery Of Robots That Can Screen ‘150 People/minute’ For Covid19. by nobaga: 12:29pm On May 20, 2020
Amarabae:
A small landlocked country developing very fast all around while a big for nothing Nigeria with unlimited access to sea is going down daily .

No sir, 1959 is a mistake.
Re: Rwanda Takes Delivery Of Robots That Can Screen ‘150 People/minute’ For Covid19. by Maize247(f): 12:32pm On May 20, 2020
Hope these toys won't produce fake results so that pawpaw trees and other funny things won't be covid19 positive
Re: Rwanda Takes Delivery Of Robots That Can Screen ‘150 People/minute’ For Covid19. by Nobody: 12:33pm On May 20, 2020
Ahhh.... Nigeria needs re-structuring....
Re: Rwanda Takes Delivery Of Robots That Can Screen ‘150 People/minute’ For Covid19. by chris4gold(m): 12:44pm On May 20, 2020
Where is giant by mouth grin

1 Like

Re: Rwanda Takes Delivery Of Robots That Can Screen ‘150 People/minute’ For Covid19. by fairplay90(m): 12:51pm On May 20, 2020
Amarabae:

Tell them ooo

1 Like

Re: Rwanda Takes Delivery Of Robots That Can Screen ‘150 People/minute’ For Covid19. by nobaga: 12:59pm On May 20, 2020
In Africa buying imported plastic toys at any price that can be made locally is an achievement.
Re: Rwanda Takes Delivery Of Robots That Can Screen ‘150 People/minute’ For Covid19. by festacman(m): 1:02pm On May 20, 2020
Why do we enjoy badmouthing Nigeria at the least opportunity? Why do most young Nigerians easily get excited over shadows than substance?

The question are:
- Is it better to spend forex, import a computer program encased in a plastic containers and dubbed robots, spend money to maintain it when hiring human beings creates jobs at less cost while giving patients a human touch that meets emotional needs?
- If the use of robots is so important and highly recommended, why are the developed countries still using human beings to treat fellow human beings?

1 Like

Re: Rwanda Takes Delivery Of Robots That Can Screen ‘150 People/minute’ For Covid19. by drshrewd: 1:08pm On May 20, 2020
these are basic robotic laced with AI. African countries will always be consumer of technology instead of looking within.
Re: Rwanda Takes Delivery Of Robots That Can Screen ‘150 People/minute’ For Covid19. by BlackfireX: 1:44pm On May 20, 2020
If I say thunder should fire a certain giant of cesspool , they will say someone is angry because of FG #20,000 I have not received.
Re: Rwanda Takes Delivery Of Robots That Can Screen ‘150 People/minute’ For Covid19. by zikter(m): 1:50pm On May 20, 2020
Look at many of them running mouth up there.
If the government import the robots, they will say is an avenue to embezzle, there is no corona in Nigeria, or such importation will make people jobless, why don't they use the money for palliative etc

Re: Rwanda Takes Delivery Of Robots That Can Screen ‘150 People/minute’ For Covid19. by Jeffyblaq(m): 2:08pm On May 20, 2020
festacman:
Why do we enjoy badmouthing Nigeria at the least opportunity? Why do most young Nigerians easily get excited over shadows than substance?

The question are:
- Is it better to spend forex, import a computer program encased in a plastic containers and dubbed robots, spend money to maintain it when hiring human beings creates jobs at less cost while giving patients a human touch that meets emotional needs?
- If the use of robots is so important and highly recommended, why are the developed countries still using human beings to treat fellow human beings?

My friend.

Why are you this way?
You are out there to counter anyone who doesn't align with your assertion.

You still don't see anything wrong not just with this government but the country at large.

Itz high time you started letting these gang of thieves know that their time is up for what is coming up front.

No lie!

1 Like

Re: Rwanda Takes Delivery Of Robots That Can Screen ‘150 People/minute’ For Covid19. by mystery22: 2:15pm On May 20, 2020
Landlocked and sealocked Rwanda doing far better than Nigeria with her many coastline,chaii
Travel out of Nigeria and cry for our nation,we are seen as poor uneducated people,our passport is useless,imagine common Ghana insulting and deporting Nigerians...

Project Nigeria failed....
Re: Rwanda Takes Delivery Of Robots That Can Screen ‘150 People/minute’ For Covid19. by naija4life247: 2:25pm On May 20, 2020
Nigeria, where are thou?
Re: Rwanda Takes Delivery Of Robots That Can Screen ‘150 People/minute’ For Covid19. by festacman(m): 3:14pm On May 20, 2020
Jeffyblaq:

My friend.

Why are you this way?
You are out there to counter anyone who doesn't align with your assertion.

You still don't see anything wrong not just with this government but the country at large.

Itz high time you started letting these gang of thieves know that their time is up for what is coming up front.

No lie!

If you have read my comments on NL with open mind, I have consistently maintained that it is a shame that in 2020 and inspite of being oil-rich, Nigeria still lacks basic infrastructure that many of its peers take for granted.

Now, why do I support President Buhari? Here are some of the reasons:
- I support Pres. Buhari because apart from making clear moves to diversify the economy through agriculture, he is insisting on putting those basic infrastructure in place.
- I support Pres. Buhari because that's the only way to keep the hawks that raped the country in the past from coming back. I support him because if I don't want people like Atiku, Saraki, Ekweremadu, David Mark, and their likes that are hibernating in APC to come back to the treasury.
- I support Pres. Buhari because with him in charge, 2023 presidential election presents the best chance for the emergence of a New Political Order. He has made it clear that he will not offer special support to any candidate and that's him.
- For me, supporting Buhari is looking FORWARD rather than looking AROUND or looking BACKWARDS. Supporting Buhari is about Nigeria pausing to change its direction. It is about looking at the big picture with big hope rather than listening to mischievous cries of displaced hawks.

Make no mistake about it, Buhari has his weaknesses just like Obasanjo, Yar'adua, Jonathan had. Believe me, no future president will be without weaknesses.

Unfortunately, emerging or new breed politicians who should be forming alliances, organizing and strategizing towards a New Political Order in 2023 are busy being led emotionally by the nose by the PDP's noise meant to deliberately distract them while 2023 approaches fast. Sadly, some of them are even looking at Atiku to run again.

I have tried to say this much because of the way you sounded. You may disagree with him and you have the right to do so. You are entitled to support whoever you choose just as I am entitled to offer my support to anyone I choose in line with my convictions. It is democracy. Therefore, I am not ready to go into debates or slanging match about my democratic rights.

Thank you and stay safe.

1 Like

Re: Rwanda Takes Delivery Of Robots That Can Screen ‘150 People/minute’ For Covid19. by Jeffyblaq(m): 8:58pm On May 20, 2020
festacman:

If you have read my comments on NL with open mind, I have consistently maintained that it is a shame that in 2020 and inspite of being oil-rich, Nigeria still lacks basic infrastructure that many of its peers take for granted.

Now, why do I support President Buhari? Here are some of the reasons:
- I support Pres. Buhari because apart from making clear moves to diversify the economy through agriculture, he is insisting on putting those basic infrastructure in place.
- I support Pres. Buhari because that's the only way to keep the hawks that raped the country in the past from coming back. I support him because if I don't want people like Atiku, Saraki, Ekweremadu, David Mark, and their likes that are hibernating in APC to come back to the treasury.
- I support Pres. Buhari because with him in charge, 2023 presidential election presents the best chance for the emergence of a New Political Order. He has made it clear that he will not offer special support to any candidate and that's him.
- For me, supporting Buhari is looking FORWARD rather than looking AROUND or looking BACKWARDS. Supporting Buhari is about Nigeria pausing to change its direction. It is about looking at the big picture with big hope rather than listening to mischievous cries of displaced hawks.

Make no mistake about it, Buhari has his weaknesses just like Obasanjo, Yar'adua, Jonathan had. Believe me, no future president will be without weaknesses.

Unfortunately, emerging or new breed politicians who should be forming alliances, organizing and strategizing towards a New Political Order in 2023 are busy being led emotionally by the nose by the PDP's noise meant to deliberately distract them while 2023 approaches fast. Sadly, some of them are even looking at Atiku to run again.

I have tried to say this much because of the way you sounded. You may disagree with him and you have the right to do so. You are entitled to support whoever you choose just as I am entitled to offer my support to anyone I choose in line with my convictions. It is democracy. Therefore, I am not ready to go into debates or slanging match about my democratic rights.

Thank you and stay safe.

Very well!

You've made your point!!

Bless up!!!

(1) (Reply)

COVID-19 : 60% Of Igbos Don’t Believe The Virus Is Real – FG / See The Only Food that contains all the substances necessary to sustain Life / What Can U Say About Marijuana?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.