Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,422 members, 7,815,956 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:09 PM

COVID-19 Preventions And Why Nose Mask Is Useless - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / COVID-19 Preventions And Why Nose Mask Is Useless (249 Views)

Israeli $1.5M Gold & Diamond Face-Mask Is The Most Expensive In The World / Covid19: You Think Wearing A Mask Is Uncomfortable & Humiliating? Check This Out / Should I Purchase This Face And Nose Mask I Came Across On Jumia? (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

COVID-19 Preventions And Why Nose Mask Is Useless by Emmanuel3810(m): 2:02pm On May 20, 2020
Coronaviruses are quite common as not all coronaviruses are serious or require urgent medical checkups. These viruses are the reason we have common colds or flu, most variants of these viruses get destroyed by our immune system with time.

Coronaviruses are of seven strains, four of which cause mild flu-like symptoms and can be destroyed by the immune system of a healthy individual. The remaining three are severe and zoonotic in nature, they lead to more advanced respiratory problems like pneumonia and sometimes death if not taken care of immediately.

Who is most at risk for the coronavirus disease

New coronavirus can infect people of all ages (2019-nCoV). Older people and people with pre-existing medical conditions (such as asthma, diabetes, and heart disease) appear to be at higher risk of contracting the virus.
The World Health Organization recommends people of all ages take measures to protect themselves from the virus, for example by following good hand hygiene and good respiratory cleansing.

One of the factors that make the containment of this virus a problem is a fact that it can be spread between individuals before symptoms occur and even after recovery. Here are some facts.

Source https://health.internhubng.com/how-to-protect-yourself-from-coronavirus/

Re: COVID-19 Preventions And Why Nose Mask Is Useless by bigiyaro(m): 2:30pm On May 20, 2020
metchewww!

1 Like

Re: COVID-19 Preventions And Why Nose Mask Is Useless by Jane34(f): 4:45pm On May 20, 2020

(1) (Reply)

Covid-19 Vaccine Could Be Ready By Late June - UK Scientists Predict / I Just Lost My Uncle To Gm / "Crisis In Crisis": Black Americans Face A Higher Rate Of Coronavirus Deaths

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.