Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,911 members, 7,814,075 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:44 AM

Demolished Hotel: Wike Vindicated. - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Demolished Hotel: Wike Vindicated. (359 Views)

Murder!!merry Homes Hotel, Aba VINDICATED And CLEARED To Resume Operation, / UK Appoints ‘minister For Loneliness’....is Rochas Okorocha Vindicated? / Yaba Market Demolished, Rebuilt And Demolished Again For 2nd Time In 1 Year; Tra (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Demolished Hotel: Wike Vindicated. by Nobody: 4:24pm On May 20, 2020
Last two weeks had the media occupied with a trending news of two demolished hotels by his Excellency Nyesom Wike, on account that the managers violated the executive lockdown order in the state.

However, the owner of the demolished Prodest Hotel who is by name, Gogorobari Needam and his manager, Bariledum Azoroh, have been convicted by a Magistrate Court in Port Harcourt over defiance of state government’s COVID-19 lockdown order.

The Court also fined two of them the sum of N50,000 each for contravening the executive Order of the state

It should be recalled that Governor Wike said that he ordered them to demolish the hotel because they violated his Executive Order on COVID 19, despite warnings that banned the operation of hotels across the 23 Local Government Areas of the State. Wike further hinted that the primary focus on hotels was because one of the Coronavirus cases enacted from an hotel.

Senior Magistrate Rita Oguguo, delivered her verdict and ordered that Azoroh be quarantined at an isolation centre in Yakubu Gowon Stadium, for 14 days, in order to ascertain his COVID-19 status and also to pay the demanded fine.

Now the nairaland e-rats who bohari described as lazy youths who have been running their diarrhea mouths, you have seen your lives?
Re: Demolished Hotel: Wike Vindicated. by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:31am On May 21, 2020
cc: 9jaDoomCountry
So in what part of the constitution where Governors given rights to demolish hotels for flaunting Lockdown/curfew orders?

There is no provision for even the President to take the Law into his hands and then begin to mete out punishments to citizens without recourse to the constitution."

“The right to property, fair hearing and liberty are constitutional rights. No Governor has the power to dismiss these rights under the pretext of enforcing the COVID-19 regulations."

“No Constitution allows a Governor to become the maker of a Law, accuser, witness, enforcer of the Law, the prosecutor and the Judge at the same time. It is primitive,”

By Femi Falana SAN

https://www.nairaland.com/5850227/wike-colossal-embarrassment-nigerian-bar
Re: Demolished Hotel: Wike Vindicated. by Nobody: 8:04am On May 21, 2020
TheGoodJoe:
cc: 9jaDoomCountry
So in what part of the constitution where Governors given rights to demolish hotels for flaunting Lockdown/curfew orders?

There is no provision for even the President to take the Law into his hands and then begin to mete out punishments to citizens without recourse to the constitution."

“The right to property, fair hearing and liberty are constitutional rights. No Governor has the power to dismiss these rights under the pretext of enforcing the COVID-19 regulations."

“No Constitution allows a Governor to become the maker of a Law, accuser, witness, enforcer of the Law, the prosecutor and the Judge at the same time. It is primitive,”

By Femi Falana SAN

https://www.nairaland.com/5850227/wike-colossal-embarrassment-nigerian-bar

I was hoping you will give me a name of a reasonable human being not knowing you don't have any anyway. The guy you are referring to is one of the problems we have in this country.

He was among the people to throng Gani park back in 2012 to protest pump price at 120 but when the demon raised it to 143 he became deaf and dumb.

The same learned fellow as he calla himself was among the people that told the zombies that a certificate-less herdsmen patron is the best to lead over two hundred million people. In a sane society people like him belong to the dustbin.

On the matter, let him lead the owner of the hotel to appeal court. What did he say when bohari is using taxpayers' money to rehabilitate terrorists? What did he say when bohari was flouting court orders upandan? What did he say when bohari destroyed appointment of key officers based on federal character and made it fulani affairs .

Nonsense and ingredients
Re: Demolished Hotel: Wike Vindicated. by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:13am On May 21, 2020
9jaDoomCountry:

I was hoping you will give me a name of a reasonable human being not knowing you don't have any anyway. The guy you are referring to is one of the problems we have in this country.

He was among the people to throng Gani park back in 2012 to protest pump price at 120 but when the demon raised it to 143 he became deaf and dumb.

The same learned fellow as he calla himself was among the people that told the zombies that a certificate-less herdsmen patron is the best to lead over two hundred million people. In a sane society people like him belong to the dustbin.

On the matter, let him lead the owner of the hotel to appeal court. What did he say when bohari is using taxpayers' money to rehabilitate terrorists? What did he say when bohari was flouting court orders upandan? What did he say when bohari destroyed appointment of key officers based on federal character and made it fulani affairs .

Nonsense and ingredients

“The right to property, fair hearing and liberty are constitutional rights."

You don't need someone to tell you this was ignored before the demolition. Even the State released a wrong name as the owner of the Hotel. Later they found out they were wrong. So attacking relentlessly does not change the facts on ground.

Even in the court verdict, the Hotel owner was denied his rights to a lawyer.

We need to start doing things right or we are wrong criticising Buhari for doing things outside the boundary of the Law.
Re: Demolished Hotel: Wike Vindicated. by Nobody: 8:19am On May 21, 2020
TheGoodJoe:

“The right to property, fair hearing and liberty are constitutional rights."

You don't need someone to tell you this was ignored before the demolition. Even the State released a wrong name as the owner of the Hotel. Later they found out they were wrong. So attacking relentlessly does not change the facts on ground.

Even in the court verdict, the Hotel owner was denied his rights to a lawyer.

We need to start doing things right or we are wrong criticising Buhari for doing things outside the boundary of the Law.

I thought you would have shown me where he took boahri to court for disobeying court orders. Which lawlessness is more than that?

Or is the law made for for some people?
Re: Demolished Hotel: Wike Vindicated. by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:51am On May 21, 2020
9jaDoomCountry:

I thought you would have shown me where he took boahri to court for disobeying court orders. Which lawlessness is more than that?

Or is the law made for for some people?

Buhari doing wrong does not exonerate Wike from wrong. I wonder where you guys got that ideology from. The first release by the Government officials was even wrong. They thought Princewill the youth leader owns the Hotel. Later they found it was not true.

Wrong is wrong. There is no way to coat it right.

The demolition of Prodest Hotel is forced evictions and in violation of article 11 of the International Covenant on Economic, Social and Cultural Rights and other human rights treaties to which Nigeria is a state party,” SERAP disclosed via its official Twitter handle.
Re: Demolished Hotel: Wike Vindicated. by Nobody: 9:01am On May 21, 2020
TheGoodJoe:

Buhari doing wrong does not exonerate Wike from wrong. I wonder where you guys got that ideology from. The first release by the Government officials was even wrong. They thought Princewill the youth leader owns the Hotel. Later they found it was not true.

Wrong is wrong. There is no way to coat it right.

The demolition of Prodest Hotel is forced evictions and in violation of article 11 of the International Covenant on Economic, Social and Cultural Rights and other human rights treaties to which Nigeria is a state party,” SERAP disclosed via its official Twitter handle.

Bro I think you have not really understood the point I am trying to make here. My point is that the so called elites are nothing but hypocrites.

I am not exonerate Wike but mentioning people like Falana that contributed in bringing us to this quagmire is unacceptable. If we want to mention law it should be full and total.

People who castigate Trump on nairaland can they point out where Trump disobeyed court order and for a lawyer to pretend that impunity does not happen with buhari tells a lot. Or is it because it a pdp state.

If we want to get it right , we should start from the top.

(1) (Reply)

List Of Ugliest Cars / Meet The Black And White Twins / Nairaland/general/business

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.