Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,418 members, 7,812,234 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:25 AM

Meet The 14 Year Old Girl Who Has Obtained 3 University Degrees - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Meet The 14 Year Old Girl Who Has Obtained 3 University Degrees (4301 Views)

3 University Of Ibadan Postgraduate Students Graduate With Perfect CGPA Of 7.0 / Five Inmates Of Kirikiri Prison Bag University Degrees From National Open Uni. / Father Who Obtained His First Degree At 54 Celebrated By Daughter (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Meet The 14 Year Old Girl Who Has Obtained 3 University Degrees by ContractKiller: 8:35am On May 21, 2020
Most 14-year-old’s have not obtained three degrees before their 15th birthday, but most 14-year-old’s are not like Dorothy Jean Tillman.

[img]https://images./N3ZQdAXsOqC9k8TiI4Tv1.jpg[/img]

Tillman is unquestionably a child prodigy as she was talking by eight-months-old and doing math by the age of four. She started high school at the age of nine and then continued working towards obtaining her bachelor’s degree and master’s degree in sustainable science and environmental planning.

Rollingout.com had the opportunity to speak with this amazing young person and discuss her accomplishments. Take a look at her interview in its entirety below.

What message do you want to share with other young people about their possibilities?

I think that my path isn’t for everyone. I think that the way I went about it from a young age and learning is something that we really should start integrating into schools. A lot of students over this quarantine have realized that maybe working online has been easier for them because they haven’t had the stress of being in the classroom. I know, one thing that I would want every kid to know, is that what I did is an option and that they can do it too. It doesn’t take a genius or someone who has been learning forever. I’m not perfect. I’m not the smartest person in the world. It just takes dedication.

How have you matriculated from high school to a master’s degree?

I started doing high school courses when I was around 9 years old. As soon as I finished those, mom was like “You want to go into getting an associate’s degree?” and I was like, “Why not?” So I was finishing up high school courses and starting with my associates, and I got that [degree] when I was about to turn 11. Moving on from there, since a lot of the associate course hours count for your bachelor’s, I had a good head start when I started my bachelor’s. By the time I was 12, I had my bachelor’s in humanities. Now I’m getting [confirmed] for my masters in August. The graduation was in May, but with quarantine, [now] August.

At 14 years old with a master’s degree in environmental science what’s next for you?

I’ve been working on STEM labs for kids because I really want to go into the STEM-related field and work with kids. I love helping kids have bright futures. I feel like I’m here to make people happy and to help people find their purpose. I know I want to go into that field, but I’m definitely sticking on the path of my engineering degree. I might go back to school, but my plan is to be an entrepreneur and [use] my engineering degree.

Whatever is next for this amazing young lady, we know that it is truly going to be outstanding!

https://bckonline.com/2020/05/19/fourteen-year-old-secures-masters-degree/

Lalasticlala Mynd44 OAM4J

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Meet The 14 Year Old Girl Who Has Obtained 3 University Degrees by Lordjiggs09(m): 8:41am On May 21, 2020
This is truly wonderful.
Re: Meet The 14 Year Old Girl Who Has Obtained 3 University Degrees by fergie001: 8:50am On May 21, 2020
See me agbaya.....chai

But wait ooooo...the ones I don get, wetin I take am do?

7 Likes

Re: Meet The 14 Year Old Girl Who Has Obtained 3 University Degrees by illicit(m): 8:52am On May 21, 2020
At 14, I don dey hate school

3 Likes

Re: Meet The 14 Year Old Girl Who Has Obtained 3 University Degrees by Nobody: 8:57am On May 21, 2020
If to say dem fit turn does degrees into money e for better last last she go still go drop am for cupboard.
people wey get first class for naija still dey unemployed wetin come remain.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Meet The 14 Year Old Girl Who Has Obtained 3 University Degrees by Nobody: 9:20am On May 21, 2020
Fabulouzjoseph:
If to say dem fit turn does degrees into money e for better last last she go still go drop am for cupboard.
people wey get first class for naija still dey unemployed wetin come remain.
those degrees will definitely work for her. Remember she's not in Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Meet The 14 Year Old Girl Who Has Obtained 3 University Degrees by Nobody: 9:24am On May 21, 2020
albertatrina:
those degrees will definitely work for her. Remember she's not in Nigeria
Yeah but for naija you need connection sha

1 Like

Re: Meet The 14 Year Old Girl Who Has Obtained 3 University Degrees by Gracespecial101(m): 9:34am On May 21, 2020
These came only by hardwork and her devotion to academic work.
Re: Meet The 14 Year Old Girl Who Has Obtained 3 University Degrees by Waakanda: 9:55am On May 21, 2020
smiley
Re: Meet The 14 Year Old Girl Who Has Obtained 3 University Degrees by Yustash001(m): 10:40am On May 21, 2020
Definitely not in Nigeria...
Re: Meet The 14 Year Old Girl Who Has Obtained 3 University Degrees by BrightAhiah(m): 10:46am On May 21, 2020
Ñaija don cast tey tey, no be today because without CONNECT you no fit get employment.... Imagine situation wey secondary school drop out go dey conduct interviews, dey give u conditions...

In the other news, I see this 1st class result for suya I buy the other day

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Meet The 14 Year Old Girl Who Has Obtained 3 University Degrees by mytime24(f): 10:55am On May 21, 2020
Gud4her
Re: Meet The 14 Year Old Girl Who Has Obtained 3 University Degrees by Shukusheka(m): 11:05am On May 21, 2020
When I was 14, I had just started growing pubic hair and that was what mattered to me the most.
Re: Meet The 14 Year Old Girl Who Has Obtained 3 University Degrees by Nobody: 11:13am On May 21, 2020
Deceive una self. Who go employ a 14/16 year old for serious job?
Re: Meet The 14 Year Old Girl Who Has Obtained 3 University Degrees by Chrysalism: 11:25am On May 21, 2020
This is not feasible in this failed country..
Afterall, we've observed on countless occasions where a 14 year old student with 300+ as jamb score, fails to be offered admission into a tertiary institution because they are not up to 16 yet... Well, unless they have some "currencies and high contacts"..

3 Likes

Re: Meet The 14 Year Old Girl Who Has Obtained 3 University Degrees by IDeyFlogAllah(m): 11:26am On May 21, 2020
Is this for real?!? shocked We are done for in this country!

BrightAhiah:
Ñaija don cast tey tey, no be today because without CONNECT you no fit get employment.... Imagine situation wey secondary school drop out go dey conduct interviews, dey give u conditions...

Re: Meet The 14 Year Old Girl Who Has Obtained 3 University Degrees by calvado: 11:46am On May 21, 2020
Can she sell one of her degree to me, I am willing to buy.
Re: Meet The 14 Year Old Girl Who Has Obtained 3 University Degrees by BrightAhiah(m): 11:57am On May 21, 2020
IDeyFlogAllah:
Is this for real?!? shocked We are done for in this country!

I tell you I bro...
Gone are those days when "the youth are future leaders" or when 1st class will give u automatic employment...
My advice to all graduates is to learn different skills, go outside to hustle and get paid.
Don't depend on any one or beg to survive, get dirty to get paid cos Las Las, even our educational system in ñaija na scam

2 Likes

Re: Meet The 14 Year Old Girl Who Has Obtained 3 University Degrees by porthouse7(f): 12:15pm On May 21, 2020
Imagine a 14yr old can write jamb in nigeria
Re: Meet The 14 Year Old Girl Who Has Obtained 3 University Degrees by dinodesmond(m): 1:17pm On May 21, 2020
After reading how she matriculated from secondary school to post graduate studies within the space of 3years, the followings are how she did it:

1. She got admission into high school at age 9 and she was expected to spend 6 years in that high school before gaining admission to the university.

2. She finished with high school courses when she was barely 11.

3. She started her associate courses which also count as bachelors at age 11 according to her.

4. By age 12, she has completed her courses and was awarded bachelors in humanities. She awaits her masters in august year.

My takes:
This type of schooling system doesn't make sense in Nigeria but we copied 6-3-3-4 system of education from the Americans. A pupil started high school by age 9 and 2 years later, she was doing associates courses and within one year, she has been awarded with Bsc in humanities when she was supposed to still be in secondary school. Even in varsity, you spend 4years or more to before you are awarded Bsc.

I don't understand, i just don't understand, abi which kain school system is this one?
Re: Meet The 14 Year Old Girl Who Has Obtained 3 University Degrees by ClassicMan202(m): 3:43pm On May 21, 2020
Wetin dey this guy mind

Re: Meet The 14 Year Old Girl Who Has Obtained 3 University Degrees by noblealuu: 3:48pm On May 21, 2020
Join me on the 1st - 15th of June 2020 to learn how to build Advanced App for Android , IOS and Windows

*FEE* *NGN10, 000* for the first 5 trainees then NGN20,000 for others.

*BENEFITS*
Develop Apps with your brand name

Develop Apps tailored to client request

Develop Apps with unlimited functions

Understanding Programming Language

And many more

Looking forward to seeing every trainee in class.

Join the class before it gets filled up

https:///Fn6NM5lGw6JIlTN3qBwCvY

Take a bold step to invest your 10k and 15days to learn a new skill that will make you relevant in this time of pandemic.

Turn COVID-19 to opportunity to learn a new skill

Thanks
Re: Meet The 14 Year Old Girl Who Has Obtained 3 University Degrees by bossvinqualad25(m): 3:59pm On May 21, 2020
May God continue to uphold her in all her academic pursuit,if u interested in a full plot of nd a bungalow on it in bariga ,lagos check my signature nd reach out to me
Re: Meet The 14 Year Old Girl Who Has Obtained 3 University Degrees by PDSI(m): 4:00pm On May 21, 2020
I thought it's Nigeria sef..

Well if you are a student or graduate of civil engineering/building technology my signature will do you all sort of good.

Most of us have abandoned books due to Coro+ASUU but don't let us just waste our time during this break. Check my siggy.
Re: Meet The 14 Year Old Girl Who Has Obtained 3 University Degrees by yuswrld20(m): 5:48pm On May 21, 2020
calvado:
Can she sell one of her degree to me, I am willing to buy.
1 million dollar
Re: Meet The 14 Year Old Girl Who Has Obtained 3 University Degrees by identitylenz(m): 6:12pm On May 21, 2020
When did she do her pre nursery, nursery, primary and secondary?
Abi she started when she was a day old on earth?
Re: Meet The 14 Year Old Girl Who Has Obtained 3 University Degrees by gr8dom: 6:19pm On May 21, 2020
BrightAhiah:

Abeg,e don tey weh I deh find am....... please where is your address
Re: Meet The 14 Year Old Girl Who Has Obtained 3 University Degrees by BrightAhiah(m): 9:51am On May 22, 2020
[quote author=gr8dom post=89807861]
Abeg,e don tey weh I deh find am....... please where is your address[/quote

Pokistum, Yobe State
Re: Meet The 14 Year Old Girl Who Has Obtained 3 University Degrees by Lawly: 11:17am On May 22, 2020
BrightAhiah:

I tell you I bro...
Gone are those days when "the youth are future leaders" or when 1st class will give u automatic employment...
My advice to all graduates is to learn different skills, go outside to hustle and get paid.
Don't depend on any one or beg to survive, get dirty to get paid cos Las Las, even our educational system in ñaija na scam

my dear you made the best comment so far

1 Like

Re: Meet The 14 Year Old Girl Who Has Obtained 3 University Degrees by BrightAhiah(m): 1:41pm On May 22, 2020
Lawly:

my dear you made the best comment so far

You're welcome my brother

(1) (Reply)

Amazing Facts About Israel You Probably Never Knew / Difference Between Private And Government University--photo / Benue State University (BSU) 2015/2016 Admission List Is Out.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.