Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,823 members, 7,810,160 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:10 PM

17-years-old Boy, Creator Of 'world's Biggest COVID-19 Tracker' Refuses $8 Milli - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 17-years-old Boy, Creator Of 'world's Biggest COVID-19 Tracker' Refuses $8 Milli (643 Views)

Dr Osahon Enabulele For Inauguration As President Of World Medical Association / COVID-19: FG To Spend $8 Each On Vaccine For 144 Million People / Russia Receives Orders For ONE BILLION Doses Of World’s First Covid-19 Vaccine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

17-years-old Boy, Creator Of 'world's Biggest COVID-19 Tracker' Refuses $8 Milli by Great100000: 9:02am On May 21, 2020
17-Years-Old Boy, Creator of 'World's Biggest COVID-19 Tracker' Refuses $8 Million Offer

'17-Years-Old Boy' Creator of World's Biggest COVID-19 Tracker, Refuses $8 Milion offer.Do you known that the world best COVID-19 tracker is run by a 17-years boy? A High School Boy. In an interview the teenage Boy disclosed he refused $8 Million Dollars for his website, according to the Washington Post

Speaking in an interview to the news portal, the 17-years-old boy, Avi Schiffman, owner of the world largest Coronavirus tracker said that the COVID-19 tracker is now taking about 100% of his free time and rejected $8 Millon Dollars offer and refuses to accept Ads in his website to preserve the UI.

Why the 17-years old Boy, Avi Schiffman refused $8 millions is to preserve his COVUD-19 tracker website reputation.

The Washington based teenage Boy, Schiffman is the owner of the world most used COVID-19 tracker in the world and it has over 30million visitors per day, and 700million viewer, yet refused to add Ads, advertisements to the sites.

While Speaking to news portal, Schiffman said he refused an offer worth $8 Million for his website

However, I would have earned more than $30 Million by putting my own ads on the website, I don't want profit from the Coronavirus tracker.He said.

I am 17- years but I don't need the $8 Million Dollar from the COVID-19 project,it's not for profiteer

He added, that he don't want an advertisement and any reasons that could ruins the site's UI, according to Schiffman, pop-up could ruins the UI and views experiences.

He said, I don't want to sell the site because doing so would remove his access and control over the Coronavirus tracker.

He wish not to contract and obligate to users to run the site, sort or alter changes in the website.H said many user doesn't have strong internet connection and thereby adding Ads would slow down the website Coronavirus tracker functions.

Schiffman, said he don't want to add a donation Button to his website for those who want to donate fund because he don't want to leave a stain in the website in the future.

Meanwhile, the 17- Years-old boy has received serveral Job offers, and refused to accept offer including Microsoft offer, He said he want to pursue on his own projects, adding that he is pleased with he made as results of Coronavirus tracking and now he could convince few visitors to read his project plans.

https://www.reddit.com/r/nextfuckinglevel/comments/fwi83r/17_year_old_creates_the_largest_covid19_tracker/

https://m.republicworld.com/entertainment-news/whats-viral/coronavirus-tracker-coronavirus-tracker-inventor-viral-news.html

Re: 17-years-old Boy, Creator Of 'world's Biggest COVID-19 Tracker' Refuses $8 Milli by Stephenomozzy(m): 9:04am On May 21, 2020
cool Somebody give a Nobel Laureate to this kid! If the world has/had so many people with a heart like this young lad, we'd be a stone throw from heaven's experience.

Great100000:

He said, I don't want to sell the site because doing so would remove his access and control over the Coronavirus tracker.

He wish not to contract and obligate to users to run the site, sort or alter changes in the website.H said many user doesn't have strong internet connection and thereby adding Ads would slow down the website Coronavirus tracker functions.

Schiffman, said he don't want to add a donation Button to his website for those who want to donate fund because he don't want to leave a stain in the website in the future.

I swear, this lad just made the world indebted to him even though he has turned down 8millas! He obviously knows his onions and won't have a problem getting multi-million dollar fundings for future projects. Instant gratification is not everything

1 Like

Re: 17-years-old Boy, Creator Of 'world's Biggest COVID-19 Tracker' Refuses $8 Milli by IceLip: 9:04am On May 21, 2020
Reason best known to him, Good decision.

..but if am the one, hmm, hmmm hmmmmmmmmmmmm
Re: 17-years-old Boy, Creator Of 'world's Biggest COVID-19 Tracker' Refuses $8 Milli by bigiyaro(m): 9:05am On May 21, 2020
I hope you won't regret it.
Re: 17-years-old Boy, Creator Of 'world's Biggest COVID-19 Tracker' Refuses $8 Milli by Nobody: 9:08am On May 21, 2020
Nice one

being self employed is the best.
Re: 17-years-old Boy, Creator Of 'world's Biggest COVID-19 Tracker' Refuses $8 Milli by Righteousness89(m): 9:10am On May 21, 2020
Special Breeds on Earth!

Others don't see what they see..

They are not Motivated by money.. They know it will pursue them in due time

They are verrrrrry Few like them..

GOD BLESS YOU Bro
Re: 17-years-old Boy, Creator Of 'world's Biggest COVID-19 Tracker' Refuses $8 Milli by pyyxxaro: 9:20am On May 21, 2020
While a normal 17year old in naija is either in bet9ja shop or thinking of one young gal’s yansh to press

Who hear me now go think say I even good when I be 17 sad
Re: 17-years-old Boy, Creator Of 'world's Biggest COVID-19 Tracker' Refuses $8 Milli by Kennyceez: 9:30am On May 21, 2020
It's called self worth

1 Like

Re: 17-years-old Boy, Creator Of 'world's Biggest COVID-19 Tracker' Refuses $8 Milli by Kosoco(m): 9:42am On May 21, 2020
Look at Achievement yet somebody in Nairaland Dey post How many Girls he had sex with During NYSC..... tufiakwAaa...

2 Likes

Re: 17-years-old Boy, Creator Of 'world's Biggest COVID-19 Tracker' Refuses $8 Milli by Diegostan(m): 11:18am On May 21, 2020
Money is not ever
Re: 17-years-old Boy, Creator Of 'world's Biggest COVID-19 Tracker' Refuses $8 Milli by Goddys(m): 11:28am On May 21, 2020
This is what happens when you are brought up in a saner clime. I would even collect 8 million naira if I were in his shoes.

Don't blame me. Blame my environment...

We are all not equal in every ramifications here. Upbringing and environment shape our worldview
Re: 17-years-old Boy, Creator Of 'world's Biggest COVID-19 Tracker' Refuses $8 Milli by Xclusiveme: 1:26pm On May 21, 2020
We have smarter Nigerians who can do more than this young guy but we are limited with learning, infrastructures, and many other things. A nobody in Nigeria can be a greater person outside the country. Hail the shit hole
Re: 17-years-old Boy, Creator Of 'world's Biggest COVID-19 Tracker' Refuses $8 Milli by jesmond3945: 1:58pm On May 21, 2020
Is he the owner of wordometer

(1) (Reply)

8 Ways To Keep Your Kidneys Healthy / Natural Ways To Grow Your Eyelashes / Vaginal Discharge Research

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.