Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,825 members, 7,820,901 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:21 AM

Why Is ASUU And NASU Not Happy With Ipps? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Why Is ASUU And NASU Not Happy With Ipps? (378 Views)

"Breaking: ASUU May Suspend Strike Soon As Fg Drops Ipps, Adopts Utas / Who Is ASUU Really Fighting For? / SSANU And NASU Begin Strike Tomorrow, Unions Write Branches (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is ASUU And NASU Not Happy With Ipps? by tellsblinks(m): 9:16am On May 21, 2020
before school closed due to issue of the pandemic my school employed almost 50 workers which include lab technicians etc, this was a great move as my school was in the brink of failing in the academic section.

so many cases of "not knowing the lecturer handling a course till few weeks to exams" most atimes lecturers keep complaining of clashing courses and they don't have strength... story continues, which is even appalling to hear

it's clear enough that ipps helped eradicate issues of ghost workers in the educational sectors.. and also made more lecturers and workers to be employed

ipps has helped collect tax from the salaries of the workers directly which is good for the country NIGERIA, (its not new because most private workers pay salary taxes)

of recent I've been seeing posts about ASUU and NASU going for another strike because of IPPS

what really is the problem of ASUU and NASU? why don't they like IPPS
Re: Why Is ASUU And NASU Not Happy With Ipps? by malikombi(m): 9:36am On May 21, 2020
FG said they have saved up to 360billi through ippis at the expense of those poor university workers. Their salaries are marred with heavy deductions hence the unhappiness.
Re: Why Is ASUU And NASU Not Happy With Ipps? by bigiyaro(m): 9:46am On May 21, 2020
IPPS is exposing their fraudulent ways, that is why there are trying dia best to fight it.
Re: Why Is ASUU And NASU Not Happy With Ipps? by sinkhole: 10:07am On May 21, 2020
bigiyaro:
IPPS is exposing their fraudulent ways, that is why there are trying dia best to fight it.
when NASU, NAAT and SSANU decided to join IPPIS they were good unions but now that they've discovered that IPPIS is a mess they have now joined the club of "fraudulent" unions cheesy grin

2 Likes

Re: Why Is ASUU And NASU Not Happy With Ipps? by PDSI(m): 11:41am On May 21, 2020
It's a twisted one. One way University deserve autonomy in another ways university abuse autonomy.

Anyways
LEARN AutoCAD/Orion for 10days intensively. Just for 100NAIRA per day. Equip yourself now. https:///2348108531343
REMEMBER LACK OF SKILLS CAN MAKE YOU UNEMPLOYABLE!!!
Take advantage of the pandemic and learn a new skill.
Re: Why Is ASUU And NASU Not Happy With Ipps? by sinkhole: 12:26pm On May 21, 2020
tellsblinks:
before school closed due to issue of the pandemic my school employed almost 50 workers which include lab technicians etc, this was a great move as my school was in the brink of failing in the academic section.

so many cases of "not knowing the lecturer handling a course till few weeks to exams" most atimes lecturers keep complaining of clashing courses and they don't have strength... story continues, which is even appalling to hear

it's clear enough that ipps helped eradicate issues of ghost workers in the educational sectors.. and also made more lecturers and workers to be employed

ipps has helped collect tax from the salaries of the workers directly which is good for the country NIGERIA, (its not new because most private workers pay salary taxes)

of recent I've been seeing posts about ASUU and NASU going for another strike because of IPPS

what really is the problem of ASUU and NASU? why don't they like IPPS
The letter shown below may likely answer your question, though it is from another University Union, SSANU!

Re: Why Is ASUU And NASU Not Happy With Ipps? by tellsblinks(m): 3:25pm On May 21, 2020
sinkhole:
The letter shown below may likely answer your question, though it is from another University Union, SSANU!

lol forget that thing, all the issues am seeing is money related

you know the truth? let me tell you

ASUU and nasu never knew that the government would enforce use of bvn and other strict method to detect ghost workers etc

all these wailing can be fixed easily and can never be the reason for forthcoming strike they are embarking on
Re: Why Is ASUU And NASU Not Happy With Ipps? by Akunwafor(m): 3:43pm On May 21, 2020
Imagine a whole professor being paid 100k via ippis.

Now if that was your father, would you still support ippis?

(1) (Reply)

List Of Nigeria Universities Postgraduate Fee / . / Jubilation As Ondo State University Reduces School Fees Amid COVID-19

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.