|Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New|
Stats: 2,931,055 members, 7,087,814 topics. Date: Monday, 26 September 2022 at 01:44 AM
Fine Collection Of Fascinating, Interesting And Historical Photos / Some Interesting Pieces Of Information You Might Not Know / Pupils Being Fed On Pieces Of Paper In Kano - #School Feeding Programme (Video) (2) (3) (4)
|Interesting Pieces Of Information. by Benbisco(f): 3:01pm On May 21, 2020|
1.Rubber bands last longer when refrigerated.
2. Peanuts are one of the ingredients of dynamite.
3. The national anthem of Greece has 158 verses. No one in Greece has memorized all 158 verses.
4. There are 293 ways to make change for a dollar.
5. The average secretary’s left-hand does 56% of the typing.
6. A shark is the only fish that can blink with both eyes
7. The average person falls asleep in seven minutes.
8. The name for Oz in the “Wizard of Oz” was thought up when the creator, Frank Baum, looked at his filing cabinet and saw A-N, and O-Z, hence “Oz.”
9. In England, the Speaker of the House is not allowed to speak.
10. It’s impossible to sneeze with your eyes open.
11. Tigers have striped skin, not just striped fur.
12. In most advertisements, including newspapers, the time displayed on a watch is 10:10.
13. A cat has 32 muscles in each ear.
14. An ostrich’s eye is bigger than its brain.
15. Almonds are members of the peach family.
16. New Jersey grows two-thirds of the world’s eggplant.
17. There are more chickens than people in the world (at least before that chicken-flu thing).
18. The “dot” over the letter “i” is called a tittle.
19. The only domestic animal not mentioned in the Bible is the cat.
20. Honey is the only natural food that is made without destroying any kind of life. What about milk you say? A cow has to eat grass to produce milk and grass are living.
21. Honey is the only food that does not spoil.
22. It’s physically impossible for a pig to look up at the sky.
23. One single teaspoon of honey represents the life work of 12 bees.
24. Flamingos can only eat with their heads upside down.
25. It is impossible to tickle yourself.
26. A typical pencil can draw a line that is 35 miles long.
27. Astronauts get taller in space due to the lack of gravity.
28. Buttermilk does not contain any butter and is actually low in fat.
29. Your own dead skin cells make up the majority of the dust in your house.
30. Most lipstick contains fish scales.
31. A giraffe can go longer without water than a camel can.
32. Snails can sleep up to 3 years.
33. You can’t smile and breath at the same time.
That last one was not true, of course, but I just wanted you to smile , and I know you did because you tied it out, just to be sure.
|Re: Interesting Pieces Of Information. by sexylassie2(f): 3:13pm On May 21, 2020|
Peanut oil can be processed to produce glycerol, which can be used to make nitroglycerine, an explosive liquid used in dynamite. However, there are other processes that can be used to make dynamite without using peanuts at all. So, this little factoid isn’t completely false and it isn’t completely true. But it’s enough to make us wonder why they make us take off our shoes at the airport, and then serve us dynamite ingredients on the plane.
|Re: Interesting Pieces Of Information. by TheSourcerer: 2:59pm On Aug 09|
Benbisco:Thank you for sharing
|Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health |
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket
Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2022 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70