Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,743 members, 7,820,562 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:11 PM

Starting A Mini Supermarket In Lagos - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Starting A Mini Supermarket In Lagos (4137 Views)

Nigerians Went To The Chinese Supermarket In Abuja To Confirm / Nigerian "Denied Entry" Into A Chinese Supermarket In Abuja (Video) / Ebeano Supermarket In Abuja Is On Fire (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Starting A Mini Supermarket In Lagos by indomitable234: 10:49pm On May 21, 2020
I have always had the dream of owning a supermarket,now i am taking that bold step of following my dream,though i have no idea of how to setup or manage one, ideas, inputs and comments from you guys will be highly appreciated
I have a budget of 5m
Re: Starting A Mini Supermarket In Lagos by indomitable234: 10:55pm On May 21, 2020
location secured, cost of rent for lagos no be beans ooo, I stay around Ogba so i got a place close to where i stay
Rent 1.2m, agency, agreement and commission 600k total package 1.8m, the place is along ogunusi road close to excellence hotel
Re: Starting A Mini Supermarket In Lagos by indomitable234: 11:01pm On May 21, 2020
Pictures of the proposed location

Re: Starting A Mini Supermarket In Lagos by darkdenizen: 11:39pm On May 21, 2020
Ok thats quite impressive, coming up with such a noble idea and following it up to the letter. Ogba is a good location. I cannot but only wish u d best going forward.

But more importantly, have u carried out a feasibility study and written a góod biznes plan as this will help ur biznes grow and also scale.

Can u give a rough estimate of how much u have set aside in other to achieve this in terms of budget.
Re: Starting A Mini Supermarket In Lagos by excanny: 12:35am On May 22, 2020
What do u intend to sell? Are u sure u can make a profit of 1.8+m in a year?

5 Likes

Re: Starting A Mini Supermarket In Lagos by indomitable234: 10:51pm On May 22, 2020
Shelves were installed today 8 double and 14single, the double costs 70k total 560k while the single cost 40k total 560k , which is 1.120m for both double and single

2 Likes

Re: Starting A Mini Supermarket In Lagos by Tosade01(m): 7:37am On May 31, 2020
indomitable234:
Shelves were installed today 8 double and 14single, the double costs 70k total 560k while the single cost 40k total 560k , which is 1.120m for both double and single

I must appreciate you for bringing this on here......I have plan to set up same mini super-mart in Akute but currently doing findings on how to source the goods to be sold and I am sure you have done this already as you are very much ahead.

Also looking at your expenses so far, you have spent =N=2.92mil out of =N=5mil which means you are left with =N=2.08mil and you still have alot of things to spend on aside getting the goods.

You need a complete POS system which is about =N=178k on Jumia.
A generator that can power AC and Freezer
If you will sell drink, you will need a fridge or probably get from the likes of Coca cola, Pepsi and co.
CCTV and TV.
Operation cost for the 1st 2 to 3 months and so on.

Hope you have considered all the above and sure your cash will suffice for all the things needed.

I will like to learn from you since you are many step ahead, i am starting mine by July 2020 by God's grace.

Please hit me up on whatsapp 0816 four zero 9 00 eight 7 so i can learn from you and also render little help incase.
Re: Starting A Mini Supermarket In Lagos by Seniorwriter(m): 7:45am On May 31, 2020
Nice bold steps..... Wish you successful and profits on sales.....
B Regards.

1 Like

Re: Starting A Mini Supermarket In Lagos by olawunmi400: 11:47am On May 31, 2020
indomitable234: 10:49pm On May 21
I have always had the dream of owning a supermarket,now i am taking that bold step of following my dream,though i have no idea of how to setup or manage one, ideas, inputs and comments from you guys will be highly appreciated
I have a budget of 5m

U really tried Sis, I must commend your efforts. Always have this kind of dream too of either a supermarket or a restaurant. Pls kindly chat me up on this number 0 7 0 six four four two zero zero seven nine. Will b anticipating for ur chat.
Re: Starting A Mini Supermarket In Lagos by Victornezzar: 12:57pm On May 31, 2020
Nice
Re: Starting A Mini Supermarket In Lagos by WorriorPlus: 2:42pm On May 31, 2020
Learn something useful during this lockdown. ClickBank is one of such genuine online business you can learn and make money with. There are ways you can open a ClickBank account even in restricted countries. I can be of help.

Meanwhile, Learn To Make Money With ClickBank >>>CHECK HERE
Re: Starting A Mini Supermarket In Lagos by indomitable234: 7:51pm On Jun 03, 2020
I havent been updating this thread in a while now, I have been busy, now let the updates start rolling in
Re: Starting A Mini Supermarket In Lagos by indomitable234: 7:55pm On Jun 03, 2020
I got 3 chillers, 2 brum brand at the cost of 203k and hisense brand at 257k, the bruhm chillers are 300 liter capacity while the hisense chillers is 380liter capacity, I will be uploading the pictures of the chillers tomorrow

1 Like

Re: Starting A Mini Supermarket In Lagos by Coolabbie: 8:01pm On Jun 03, 2020
I love this thread.
#following
Re: Starting A Mini Supermarket In Lagos by Chigorkizz(m): 11:52pm On Jun 03, 2020
Am here to stay.
Re: Starting A Mini Supermarket In Lagos by Sambai65(m): 11:23pm On Jun 05, 2020
Following
Re: Starting A Mini Supermarket In Lagos by Akinowon123(m): 11:58am On Jun 06, 2020
Following
Re: Starting A Mini Supermarket In Lagos by peterian: 2:02pm On Jun 06, 2020
Following...
Re: Starting A Mini Supermarket In Lagos by Tosade01(m): 4:06pm On Jun 11, 2020
indomitable234:

Good day OP, its been a while here- guess you've been busy with start up. Can you share the contact of the shelve supplier, the least i got for double is 75k.

Rgds.
Re: Starting A Mini Supermarket In Lagos by Geekop: 6:20pm On Jun 11, 2020
indomitable234:
location secured, cost of rent for lagos no be beans ooo, I stay around Ogba so i got a place close to where i stay
Rent 1.2m, agency, agreement and commission 600k total package 1.8m, the place is along ogunusi road close to excellence hotel
You are really doing a great job.
I salute your faith and passion.
God bless your business speedily.
Amen
Re: Starting A Mini Supermarket In Lagos by Tosade01(m): 12:05am On Jun 30, 2020
I guess Oga madam is very busy with start up......we miss you here and wish you success.
Re: Starting A Mini Supermarket In Lagos by konews: 12:16pm On Feb 07, 2021
Re: Starting A Mini Supermarket In Lagos by Zealoy(m): 12:38pm On Nov 10, 2023
Pls oga come update us o no abandon this thread

(1) (Reply)

UBA Reports N105.3bn PBT, Recommends N0.85 Final Dividend / Save 80 Stove: China's New Invention, Now In Nigeria! / Newest Methods Of Making Profits From Mini Importation Business In Nigeria.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.