Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,942 members, 7,817,763 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:53 PM

I need Help With My Graphics Card. - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / I need Help With My Graphics Card. (807 Views)

Can My Graphics Card: Nvida 3100, 512mb, Play Pes 19 Or Fifa 19 / Do I Buy A London Used Mac Or A New Windows PC For My Graphics Work / ✈✳✅New Arrivals!!!Dedicated Graphics Card Laptops/ ULTIMATE Gaming**all Brands** (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I need Help With My Graphics Card. by Pkkelly(m): 12:14am On May 22, 2020
please guys I have a HP pavilion 15 with a 4gb dedicated graphics. but the dedicated video memory is just 128 mb. please what do I do or is it normal.
Re: I need Help With My Graphics Card. by lekjons(m): 1:16am On May 22, 2020
Download Nvidia drivers
Re: I need Help With My Graphics Card. by Pkkelly(m): 10:54am On May 22, 2020
I already have nvidia drivers installed.
Re: I need Help With My Graphics Card. by lordtim001(m): 5:38pm On May 22, 2020
Pkkelly:
please guys I have a HP pavilion 15 with a 4gb dedicated graphics. but the dedicated video memory is just 128 mb. please what do I do or is it normal.
Most variants of Hp Pavilion 15 do not have a dedicated GPU, so the dedicated vram is usually very low. The display driver uses part of your system RAM as your vram, and most of this memory is shared memory.
If you insist that your laptop has an Nvidia GPU, then do the following:
i. Press Win(logo) + R. In the box, type dxdiag and enter. You can also do a direct search for dxdiag on Windows though.
ii. Navigate to the display tab and note the name of the GPU written there.
iii. Google search the name of this GPU to find updates.e.g Nvidia GTX 1080 driver updates. It will take to a website where you can download the driver and install. Personally, I have experienced a situation where a driver update added 250mb vram and improved battery life.

Now, the truth is vram doesn't matter in most cases if the GPU chip is weak. If your system uses integrated graphics, just manage it like that. Don't expect to play any FIFA from 17 upwards or Fortnite, no matter how much you tweak it. There are also tweaks you can use based on individual games. For example, after a lot of custom settings and patching, I played Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition and GTA V on an Intel HD 4000 graphics system, though it has a core i5 CPU and 8gigs of RAM. You can also use a registry tweak to dubiously increase the vram to at least make games like FIFA start, but this trick only works on systems with HD 4400 or higher. Personally, I used this tweak to play FIFA 18 on my brother's PC that had a HD 520.
(Note: Being able to start the game doesn't mean it will run smoothly. A potato is still a potato)

In summary:
i. If you have a dedicated GPU, update drivers
ii. If you have an integrated GPU, you can also update drivers
iii. If you have an integrated GPU with Intel HD 4400 or higher, try the Registry Editor tweak. You can Google this.
iv. If you want to play some specific games(do not be too greedy sha), you can try patches and custom tweaks. Reduce or turn off graphics, shadows, aliasing and other effects for higher fps. Just do not go overboard and overheat the laptop sha grin
Re: I need Help With My Graphics Card. by Pkkelly(m): 12:42am On May 24, 2020
lordtim001:

Most variants of Hp Pavilion 15 do not have a dedicated GPU, so the dedicated vram is usually very low. The display driver uses part of your system RAM as your vram, and most of this memory is shared memory.
If you insist that your laptop has an Nvidia GPU, then do the following:
i. Press Win(logo) + R. In the box, type dxdiag and enter. You can also do a direct search for dxdiag on Windows though.
ii. Navigate to the display tab and note the name of the GPU written there.
iii. Google search the name of this GPU to find updates.e.g Nvidia GTX 1080 driver updates. It will take to a website where you can download the driver and install. Personally, I have experienced a situation where a driver update added 250mb vram and improved battery life.

Now, the truth is vram doesn't matter in most cases if the GPU chip is weak. If your system uses integrated graphics, just manage it like that. Don't expect to play any FIFA from 17 upwards or Fortnite, no matter how much you tweak it. There are also tweaks you can use based on individual games. For example, after a lot of custom settings and patching, I played Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition and GTA V on an Intel HD 4000 graphics system, though it has a core i5 CPU and 8gigs of RAM. You can also use a registry tweak to dubiously increase the vram to at least make games like FIFA start, but this trick only works on systems with HD 4400 or higher. Personally, I used this tweak to play FIFA 18 on my brother's PC that had a HD 520.
(Note: Being able to start the game doesn't mean it will run smoothly. A potato is still a potato)

In summary:
i. If you have a dedicated GPU, update drivers
ii. If you have an integrated GPU, you can also update drivers
iii. If you have an integrated GPU with Intel HD 4400 or higher, try the Registry Editor tweak. You can Google this.
iv. If you want to play some specific games(do not be too greedy sha), you can try patches and custom tweaks. Reduce or turn off graphics, shadows, aliasing and other effects for higher fps. Just do not go overboard and overheat the laptop sha grin

Thanks a lot. It really helped.

(1) (Reply)

... / Just Arrived Uk Used Asus S400c Touchscreen Core I3 500gb Hdd 4gb Ram Very Slim / Dell Inspiron 3541,4gb Ram, AMD Radeon R3 Graphics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.