Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,231 members, 7,818,778 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:44 AM

Keep Laying Ceremony Of The Nigerian Navy Landing Ship LST-100 In The UAE. Video - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Keep Laying Ceremony Of The Nigerian Navy Landing Ship LST-100 In The UAE. Video (1307 Views)

NNS Kada: Nigerian Navy's New Landing Ship Arrives Lagos (Pictures) / Reflections From A Wreath Laying Ceremony- By Femi Adesina / Pictures From Parade And Wreath Laying Ceremony In Enugu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Keep Laying Ceremony Of The Nigerian Navy Landing Ship LST-100 In The UAE. Video by NGpatriot: 5:54am On May 22, 2020

Re: Keep Laying Ceremony Of The Nigerian Navy Landing Ship LST-100 In The UAE. Video by NGpatriot: 6:02am On May 22, 2020
Landing Ship Transport 100

Re: Keep Laying Ceremony Of The Nigerian Navy Landing Ship LST-100 In The UAE. Video by Mynd44: 6:14am On May 22, 2020
Set for delivery in 2022. lovely still

1 Like 6 Shares

Re: Keep Laying Ceremony Of The Nigerian Navy Landing Ship LST-100 In The UAE. Video by NGpatriot: 6:19am On May 22, 2020
On 9th December Damen Shipyards Sharjah in the UAE held a keel-laying ceremony for a landing craft for the Nigerian Navy, an LST 100. The start of the vessel’s construction was attended by Nigeria’s Chief of Naval Staff, Vice Admiral Ibok-Ete Ibas.

Damen has designed the LST 100 for a range of duties including amphibious operations, strategic transport of equipment and troops, disaster relief, evacuation operations and humanitarian assistance.

The 100-meter long roll-on-roll-off landing craft can accommodate a crew of 32 people and 16 Embarked Marine Forces (EMF) in the deckhouse. There is an additional EMF accommodation for 234 pax at mid ship below main deck. The vessel has a helicopter/UAV deck and significant space for cargo, loaded with the stern ramp, bow ramp or the 25 tons main crane.

Vice Admiral Ibok-Ete Ibas, speaking at the keel-laying ceremony, said, “Today’s ceremony is a significant step towards actualising the dream of restoring the Nigerian Navy’s sea lift capability.”

“The selection of Damen was based on the track record of high quality shipbuilding capacity, engineering as well as the belief in the company’s ability to adhere at the timelines for the delivery of the ship.”

“As we say in the Nigerian Navy ‘onward together’.”

The LST 100 is scheduled for delivery in 2022.

With troops onboard, helicopter, UAV and assault vehicles, we can take the battle to any country within 4000 miles from our coast.
Re: Keep Laying Ceremony Of The Nigerian Navy Landing Ship LST-100 In The UAE. Video by NGpatriot: 6:26am On May 22, 2020

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2DcwT1QKf8

MILITARY HEADQUARTERS NIGERIA

Nigerian military recounts troop success and a daring rescue operation by Nigerian Navy Special Forces Commandos (SBS) to free kidnapped Chinese nationals off the coast of the Ivory Coast. An operation rarely mentioned by the media.

Superb operation by our Nigerian Navy Special Forces Commandos (SBS), 140 miles deep in the Atlantic.

Landing Ship Transport 100 is a perfect fit for our Nigerian Navy Special Forces Commandos (SBS).
Re: Keep Laying Ceremony Of The Nigerian Navy Landing Ship LST-100 In The UAE. Video by NGpatriot: 6:31am On May 22, 2020
Good to see the Nigerian Navy getting its share of our defense build-up ...

Something is cooking...
Re: Keep Laying Ceremony Of The Nigerian Navy Landing Ship LST-100 In The UAE. Video by Racoon(m): 7:16am On May 22, 2020
Congratulations Nigerian Navy.
Re: Keep Laying Ceremony Of The Nigerian Navy Landing Ship LST-100 In The UAE. Video by BlowYourMind: 7:30am On May 22, 2020
Lovely
Re: Keep Laying Ceremony Of The Nigerian Navy Landing Ship LST-100 In The UAE. Video by kuuljay(m): 7:42am On May 22, 2020
Children of hate never reach here? grin grin
Re: Keep Laying Ceremony Of The Nigerian Navy Landing Ship LST-100 In The UAE. Video by NGpatriot: 3:15pm On May 22, 2020
kuuljay:
Children of hate never reach here? grin grin

They are predisposed to evil and bad news so you won't see them here.

grin grin
Re: Keep Laying Ceremony Of The Nigerian Navy Landing Ship LST-100 In The UAE. Video by GamalNasser: 3:19pm On May 22, 2020
Landing crafts are very useful for projections wars but I wonder why our Navy needs one , it doesn't look like Nigeria will ever have that capability or balls to land it's forces on a foriegn shore ever... Certainly another poor decision
Re: Keep Laying Ceremony Of The Nigerian Navy Landing Ship LST-100 In The UAE. Video by valirex: 3:23pm On May 22, 2020
NGpatriot:

With troops onboard, helicopter, UAV and assault vehicles, we can take the battle to any country within 4000 miles from our coast.

Lol with one ship. Just a torpedo will sink that canoe you call a ship grin
Re: Keep Laying Ceremony Of The Nigerian Navy Landing Ship LST-100 In The UAE. Video by NGpatriot: 3:27pm On May 22, 2020
Nigerian Navy to get 40 new vessels in 2020

he Nigerian Navy (NN) plans to take delivery of 41 new vessels in 2020, including patrol boats, interceptors and a hydrographic survey vessel.

In mid-December, the Nigerian Navy’s head of policy and plans Rear Admiral Beegroy Ibe-Enwo said it will receive new vessels from France, Malaysia, Vietnam and local manufacturers, adding to the 42 patrol boats and other vessels acquired in 2019.

Ibe-Enwo said the new acquisitions include a 60 metre OSV 160 hydrographic survey vessel from France’s Ocea, two 40 metre fast patrol boats from Damen Shipyard in Vietnam, four Manta class boats from Malaysia’s Suncraft, one helicopter from Italy (most likely an AW109) and 15 riverine patrol boats from Nigeria’s Epenal Group. The Nigerian Navy already has 20 18 metre Manta Mk III boats in service.

Ocea is also constructing two 35 metre FPB 110 fast patrol boats, a 24 metre FPB 72 fast patrol boat and four 17 metre C-Falcon interceptors for the Nigerian Navy, which has already received two FPB 110s, seven FPB 72s and a 35 metre FPB 98.

The Nigerian Navy is constructing its own vessels, and is busy with a third Seaward Defence Boat at the Naval Dockyard in Lagos State as well as two 500-ton self-propelled barges.

Earlier this month Vietnamese media reported that Hanoi-based James Boat Technology Company had delivered 50 composite patrol boats to Nigeria in mid-December 2019. They will be used for patrol, search and rescue and oil rig protection duties. Hong Ha Shipbuilding Company, meanwhile, received an order for ten 15 metre armoured patrol boats from Nigeria.

Naval acquisitions in 2019 included 20 riverine patrol boats, 20 rigid hull inflatable boats (RHIBs) and house boats. Earlier in December, the Nigerian Navy announced it had ordered an LST 100 landing ship from Damen, which is building the vessel at its facilities in the United Arab Emirates.

https://www.defenceweb.co.za/featured/nigerian-navy-to-get-40-new-vessels-in-2020/

40 new vessels. OMG....The Nigerian Navy is flexing big time..

God Bless PMB

God Bless Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Keep Laying Ceremony Of The Nigerian Navy Landing Ship LST-100 In The UAE. Video by Lipscomb(m): 3:32pm On May 22, 2020
Guy it's not a must to comment. You haven't make any sense since I know you on this forum.

Some of you that antagonize this present government are doing it out of sentiment and tribalism.
GamalNasser:
Landing crafts are very useful for projections wars but I wonder why our Navy needs one , it doesn't look like Nigeria will ever have that capability or balls to land it's forces on a foriegn shore ever... Certainly another poor decision

1 Like

Re: Keep Laying Ceremony Of The Nigerian Navy Landing Ship LST-100 In The UAE. Video by NGpatriot: 3:38pm On May 22, 2020
The Nigerian Navy is constructing its own vessels, and is busy with a third Seaward Defence Boat at the Naval Dockyard in Lagos State as well as two 500-ton self-propelled barges.

https://sldinfo.com/2020/01/nigeria-builds-out-maritime-capacity-in-2020/

On top of these worthy acquisitions, we are also building our own vessels and improving our shipbuilding skills and technology.

Gone are the days when past governments embezzle funds and saddle our military with obsolete tokunbo hardware.
Re: Keep Laying Ceremony Of The Nigerian Navy Landing Ship LST-100 In The UAE. Video by GamalNasser: 3:39pm On May 22, 2020
Lipscomb:
Guy it's not a must to comment. You haven't make any sense since I know you on this forum.

Some of you that antagonize this present government are doing it out of sentiment and tribalism.

Your brain is too small to understand what I said ..do you even know what a landing craft is and how it's used . I am sure this is the first time you are coming across it . See look for your fellow low IQ people to discuss Bet9ja with and leave me alone...Just imagine someone who supports Buhari having an opinion on military hardware with me .
Re: Keep Laying Ceremony Of The Nigerian Navy Landing Ship LST-100 In The UAE. Video by NGpatriot: 3:40pm On May 22, 2020
Lipscomb:

You have to understand that what's good for Nigeria is bad for them, good news makes them sad and depressed.

I'm always happy to see their painful posts, it means Nigeria is doing great.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Keep Laying Ceremony Of The Nigerian Navy Landing Ship LST-100 In The UAE. Video by NGpatriot: 3:51pm On May 22, 2020
GamalNasser:

Your brain is too small to understand what I said ..do you even know what a landing craft is and how it's used . I am sure this is the first time you are coming across it . See look for your fellow low IQ people to discuss Bet9ja with and leave me alone...Just imagine someone who supports Buhari having an opinion on military hardware with me .

To start with, your IQ is lower than low, you are not a military strategist, you are not part of the Nigerian security establishment so you are not in any position to opine or negate anything about our security needs, hardware and preparations, just stick to your ignorant and anti-Nigerian tantrums.

We had 2 landing ships, Ambe and Ofiom of back in 1978, we have thousands of miles of coast that must be protected and a restive delta and riverine areas full of weaponized militias so we definitely need this craft to make the job of our Nigerian Navy Special Forces Commandos (SBS) easy to get in and out without endangering land troop movement and local communities.

Listen to this village joker talking about knowing more about military hardware than a retired military general with decades of military knowledge, a graduate of the best war college in the world, a man who's fought many wars and won battle engagements.

Illiterate, please, find the next low mentality ipob anti-Nigerian gettogether topic.

1 Like

Re: Keep Laying Ceremony Of The Nigerian Navy Landing Ship LST-100 In The UAE. Video by Okoroawusa: 3:57pm On May 22, 2020
I Love PMB

Please you people should leave GamalNasser. He is my brother. I know his problem
Re: Keep Laying Ceremony Of The Nigerian Navy Landing Ship LST-100 In The UAE. Video by GamalNasser: 4:19pm On May 22, 2020
NGpatriot:

To start with, your IQ is lower than low, you are not a military strategist, you are not part of the Nigerian security establishment so you are not in any position to opine or negate anything about our security needs, hardware and preparations, just stick to your ignorant and anti-Nigerian tantrums.

We had 2 landing ships, Ambe and Ofiom of back in 1978, we have thousands of miles of coast that must be protected and a restive delta and riverine areas full of weaponized militias so we definitely need this craft to make the job of our Nigerian Navy Special Forces Commandos (SBS) easy to get in and out without endangering land troop movement and local communities.

Listen to this village joker talking about knowing more about military hardware than a retired military general with decades of military knowledge, a graduate of the best war college in the world, a man who's fought many wars and won battle engagements.

Illiterate, please, find the next low mentality ipob anti-Nigerian gettogether topic.

I was grew up in the military even enlisted and I consider myself a master military strategist..you have no idea what I am capable of ..you think it's a joke I call myself a genius?

Nigeria doesn't need a landing craft at this point , we need Fast Attack Craft ( FAC ) to police our porous water ways and at least one cruiser for waterway superiority and deterrence to neighbor navies around our region ... Where is Nigeria going ever need to land troop with a landing craft , we don't even have the finance and support logistics to land troops anywhere ..this is MISPLACED PRIORITY. See I know my onions unlike all of you low IQed peops.
Re: Keep Laying Ceremony Of The Nigerian Navy Landing Ship LST-100 In The UAE. Video by ahaz: 4:32pm On May 22, 2020
NGpatriot:

you are just a pathetic noise maker .a babbon for that matter.
Re: Keep Laying Ceremony Of The Nigerian Navy Landing Ship LST-100 In The UAE. Video by Kalapizim(m): 4:32pm On May 22, 2020
GamalNasser:
Remember our ecomog days and recently Gambia brother, our landing crafts such as NNS AMBE were actively involved.

NNS Ambe is old and needs capable replacement.
Re: Keep Laying Ceremony Of The Nigerian Navy Landing Ship LST-100 In The UAE. Video by GamalNasser: 4:34pm On May 22, 2020
Kalapizim:
Remember our ecomog days and recently Gambia brother, our landing crafts such as NNS AMBE were actively involved.

Those days are gone for our military, I doubt Nigeria will be able to land troops outside its shore in the next 20 years
Re: Keep Laying Ceremony Of The Nigerian Navy Landing Ship LST-100 In The UAE. Video by ahaz: 4:36pm On May 22, 2020
GamalNasser:

I was grew up in the military even enlisted and I consider myself a master military strategist..you have no idea what I am capable of ..you think it's a joke I call myself a genius?

Nigeria doesn't need a landing craft at this point , we need Fast Attack Craft ( FAC ) to police our porous water ways and at least one cruiser for waterway superiority and deterrence to neighbor navies around our region ... Where is Nigeria going ever need to land troop with a landing craft , we don't even have the finance and support logistics to land troops anywhere ..this is MISPLACED PRIORITY. See I know my onions unlike all of you low IQed peops.
don't mind the idiot..he thinks searching for few information's on gogle with his cheap data makes him sound intelligent.
Anyone that opposes a mistake made in Nigeria some idiotic fools will tell you how they are more Nigerian than you.. They will never assimilate the points you are driven at but rather, choose to insult there ancestors..
Don't be surprised the slowpoke replying you is some sort of high school kid.
Re: Keep Laying Ceremony Of The Nigerian Navy Landing Ship LST-100 In The UAE. Video by NGpatriot: 4:40pm On May 22, 2020
[s]
GamalNasser:

[/s]

I don't subscribe to low IQ and ignorant babblings by anti-Nigerian Igbos. Confine your rubbish to your fellow Igbos.
Re: Keep Laying Ceremony Of The Nigerian Navy Landing Ship LST-100 In The UAE. Video by NGpatriot: 4:44pm On May 22, 2020
Kalapizim:

Well said

Just imagine, he's questioning our capabilities and balls to do what we've actually done conveniently and decisively so many times.

Sometimes I just wonder about these hateful and ignorant people.
Re: Keep Laying Ceremony Of The Nigerian Navy Landing Ship LST-100 In The UAE. Video by NGpatriot: 4:49pm On May 22, 2020
It's even funny to hear the low IQ joker say we don't need that platform and what we've actually had for decades and used to project our strength, to enforce peace and protect lives and properties all over West Africa,

They open their ignorant mouth and spew rubbish all day, but they don't know anything.
Re: Keep Laying Ceremony Of The Nigerian Navy Landing Ship LST-100 In The UAE. Video by NGpatriot: 4:52pm On May 22, 2020
[s]
ahaz:
you are just a pathetic noise maker .a babbon for that matter.
[/s]

Look at this ipob in serious pain...

Ndo... grin grin grin
Re: Keep Laying Ceremony Of The Nigerian Navy Landing Ship LST-100 In The UAE. Video by Jimi24: 5:10pm On May 22, 2020
GamalNasser:

Liberia/Sierra Leone, Gambia. We even threatened Cote'Ivoire Gbagbo in Cote d'Ivoire.

(1) (Reply)

Tolulope Arotile Demonstrated An Uncommon Love For Nigeria - GEJ (her video) / Why Bandits Have Not Been Proscribed —lai Mohammed / Is Buhari Really 80years Old.?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.