Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,077 members, 7,818,229 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:45 AM

I Need Your Advice: Is It Ok To Allow My Househelp Take Food From The Pot Of Foo - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / I Need Your Advice: Is It Ok To Allow My Househelp Take Food From The Pot Of Foo (766 Views)

Abimbola Ayeni: I Can Allow My Boobs To Be Touched In A Movie, No Big Deal / Opeyemi Adetunji: "I Cannot Allow My Boobs To Be Touched In A Movie" / Bobrisky: "My Househelp Stole My Dollars, iPhone And Nokia Phone" (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need Your Advice: Is It Ok To Allow My Househelp Take Food From The Pot Of Foo by EvelynUmeh: 8:08am On May 22, 2020
I need your advice: Is it ok to allow my househelp take food from the pot of food she prepared?

https://www.evelynumeh.com/2020/04/i-need-your-advice-is-it-ok-to-allow-my.html
Re: I Need Your Advice: Is It Ok To Allow My Househelp Take Food From The Pot Of Foo by lalanice(f): 8:12am On May 22, 2020
Nope, never. Nobody should be dipping anything into your pot, that's where you and you husband eat from.

House help or not, you should be cooking your own food, and serving anyone ( including relatives visiting) in your house that wants to eat. Being nice doesn't mean being stupid enough to leave your food so exposed that anyone within your household can just walk to your kitchen and open your pot.

These days you can't be too careful, plus its disrespectful, I'll never go to anybody's house and expect to take food myself.
Re: I Need Your Advice: Is It Ok To Allow My Househelp Take Food From The Pot Of Foo by Stephenomozzy(m): 8:15am On May 22, 2020
Most times isn't it the house help that cooks the food?

Aren't house helps humans also, when you start discriminating against such live-in maids, they quickly turn into the demons you always fear.

If she's helping in the house why not train her in morals as you'd train your own child so she'll br trusted as much as you'd trust your children to take food from the pot too.

4 Likes

Re: I Need Your Advice: Is It Ok To Allow My Househelp Take Food From The Pot Of Foo by madridguy(m): 8:16am On May 22, 2020
shocked shocked shocked

lalanice:
Nope, never. Nobody should be dipping anything into your pot, that's where you and you husband eat from.
Re: I Need Your Advice: Is It Ok To Allow My Househelp Take Food From The Pot Of Foo by Righteousness89(m): 8:17am On May 22, 2020
Why Not? Is she a Ghost or Spirit?

I don't understand we humans atimes

2 Likes

Re: I Need Your Advice: Is It Ok To Allow My Househelp Take Food From The Pot Of Foo by MajesticKris: 8:23am On May 22, 2020
Na your type no fit afford house help...
lalanice:

House help or not, you should be cooking your own food, and serving anyone ( including relatives visiting) in your house that wants to eat. Being nice doesn't mean being stupid enough to leave your food so exposed that anyone within your household can just walk to your kitchen and open your pot.

These days you can't be too careful, plus its disrespectful, I'll never go to anybody's house and expect to take food myself.

1 Like

Re: I Need Your Advice: Is It Ok To Allow My Househelp Take Food From The Pot Of Foo by lalanice(f): 8:24am On May 22, 2020
MajesticKris:
whatever!!!

I'm not a pretender. I won't come here to say anything to impress you....fvck I don't even know you.

I have relatives who allow both but I've come to respect those who deal their food alone with or without house help or visitors.

So you can go F yourself.

2 Likes

Re: I Need Your Advice: Is It Ok To Allow My Househelp Take Food From The Pot Of Foo by nazablossom(f): 8:24am On May 22, 2020
If you are comfortable with her cooking for your family, she can as well serve herself.

If you are the one that cooked, I would say it's a no no but I don't see anything wrong since she's the one that cooked.

3 Likes

Re: I Need Your Advice: Is It Ok To Allow My Househelp Take Food From The Pot Of Foo by Shedrack777: 8:25am On May 22, 2020
just hear yourself out! food she prepared with her hand? if you don't want her to dip her hand or serve herself, then, cook the food yourself

2 Likes

Re: I Need Your Advice: Is It Ok To Allow My Househelp Take Food From The Pot Of Foo by Saintbusco1(m): 8:26am On May 22, 2020
EvelynUmeh:
I need your advice: Is it ok to allow my househelp take food from the pot of food she prepared?

laziness is your middle name... I understand there's nothing bad in having a house help but I don't understand why you don't want to do anything yourself, tendency that she's the one doing 99% of house chores is so high... am sure you ain't asking this because you love her.

Why not allow her to help you to take your bath as well

1 Like

Re: I Need Your Advice: Is It Ok To Allow My Househelp Take Food From The Pot Of Foo by USarmyID(m): 8:27am On May 22, 2020
It's just food. Just fucking food. We mustn't turn everything to fight. angry

Check siggy abeg angry

1 Like

Re: I Need Your Advice: Is It Ok To Allow My Househelp Take Food From The Pot Of Foo by Saintbusco1(m): 8:38am On May 22, 2020
Am a man

I don't have a house help at the moment but if I do have later, the food I will eat will be solely cooked by my wife or myself! She or me can't be so occupied to delicate that to househelp...

1 Like

Re: I Need Your Advice: Is It Ok To Allow My Househelp Take Food From The Pot Of Foo by Yustash001(m): 8:38am On May 22, 2020
As if the househelp is not a humanbeing.....SMH.

1 Like

Re: I Need Your Advice: Is It Ok To Allow My Househelp Take Food From The Pot Of Foo by tesseract: 9:01am On May 22, 2020
If she cooked the food, she can serve herself. If you did the cooking, you should server her. It's not a big deal. Your type will tempted to abuse their house helps.
Re: I Need Your Advice: Is It Ok To Allow My Househelp Take Food From The Pot Of Foo by cyndy1000(f): 9:47am On May 22, 2020
But she cooked dip her hands and prepared the food? Abeg? After dishing yours, husband's and that of the children you can let her dish hers. Simple!
Re: I Need Your Advice: Is It Ok To Allow My Househelp Take Food From The Pot Of Foo by mos24(m): 10:16am On May 22, 2020
Really are u for real, she made the food herself which means she could have done anything she wants with food. If she is the one doing almost everything in the house why not give her a little of trust and morals she could be the way u want her to be
EvelynUmeh:

Re: I Need Your Advice: Is It Ok To Allow My Househelp Take Food From The Pot Of Foo by Walexdubia(m): 10:25am On May 22, 2020
MajesticKris:
I don't blame her though, there are few good people out there...

1 Like

Re: I Need Your Advice: Is It Ok To Allow My Househelp Take Food From The Pot Of Foo by lalanice(f): 11:42am On May 22, 2020
Walexdubia:

I don't blame her though, there are few good people out there...
not letting somebody dip hand in your pot is not the same as not giving the person food...mr Fake ass feeling like he knows what being a good person means.
This is why I don't feel sorry for some men who end up marrying pretenders, that's all they really deserve.

I repeat, I don't care who the person is you wouldn't dip hand in my pot.
So all these pretenders claiming househelp can go dish her food, if she come carry the meat wey you be want give Oga some of you will now kill her for it cheesy cheesy will it not have been better you gave her yourself so she can eat in peace
Re: I Need Your Advice: Is It Ok To Allow My Househelp Take Food From The Pot Of Foo by lalanice(f): 11:52am On May 22, 2020
Saintbusco1:
Am a man

I don't have a house help at the moment but if I do have later, the food I will eat will be solely cooked by my wife or myself! She or me can't be so occupied to delicate that to househelp...
oga don't mind all this fake people pretending on a faceless forum, they are the real people hater in real life. Nothing is wrong with being careful or having rules. No matter who is not impressed.
Re: I Need Your Advice: Is It Ok To Allow My Househelp Take Food From The Pot Of Foo by nazablossom(f): 3:16pm On May 22, 2020
lalanice:
oga don't mind all this fake people pretending on a faceless forum, they are the real people hater in real life. Nothing is wrong with being careful or having rules. No matter who is not impressed.
Madam, I understand where you're coming from but if you want to set boundaries, your househelp shouldn't prepare food for the family. She can take on other chores not cooking. Once she starts cooking meal for the family, you have breached the boundary you created.

(1) (Reply)

Emmanuella Of Mark Angel Comedy Meets Timaya At The Airport / Actress Toyin Abraham Glows In New Photo / Drama At A Hotel After Lady Catches Her Boyfriend And Close Friend On A Date – V

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.