Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,814 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:22 AM

Garba Lawal Celebrates His 46th Birthday Today - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Garba Lawal Celebrates His 46th Birthday Today (27130 Views)

Today Is Perpetua Nkwocha's 46th Birthday / Garba Lawal: Victor Osimhen’s €60m Price Tag Outrageous / Garba Lawal Tackles Rohr Over World Cup List (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Garba Lawal Celebrates His 46th Birthday Today by BigTableShaker(f): 9:31am On May 22, 2020
NoBones:
Happy Birthday Mr Garba Lawal.......The most committed super Eagles player I have watched, the man played in virtually almost all the positions he was asked to play for supper Eagles.
I celebrate you Sir
Others are not committed abi.
welldone
Re: Garba Lawal Celebrates His 46th Birthday Today by SOJOSEPH(m): 9:31am On May 22, 2020
He looks 60s in the pic
Re: Garba Lawal Celebrates His 46th Birthday Today by blueheart(m): 9:31am On May 22, 2020
Chindooooo!!!

Back then, he is always a controversial selection in every of our National lineup.

On hindsight, he was an ever present player in the Super Eagles. Happy birthday, sir
Re: Garba Lawal Celebrates His 46th Birthday Today by Burgerlomo: 9:32am On May 22, 2020
HBD LLNP cool
Re: Garba Lawal Celebrates His 46th Birthday Today by BigTableShaker(f): 9:34am On May 22, 2020
galax1:
Must u always show yourself as a bigot,lawal was the most disciplined player I ever watched,if was a striker we would have been talking a etos level
Most disciplined player?!
I blame cow
Re: Garba Lawal Celebrates His 46th Birthday Today by smartoliver(m): 9:35am On May 22, 2020
My Dad always accorded respect to this man. He wasn't decorated but damn he was committed. He deserves my respect, any Nigerian footballer that made my Dad happy while we watched Nigerian teams play totally deserve my respect. Happy birthday sir!

1 Like

Re: Garba Lawal Celebrates His 46th Birthday Today by LeeMason(m): 9:35am On May 22, 2020
This niggur is still using his football age long after retirement.
Re: Garba Lawal Celebrates His 46th Birthday Today by alfredilly: 9:35am On May 22, 2020
Garba Lawal can't be 24 during France 98 world cup. This one is football age
Re: Garba Lawal Celebrates His 46th Birthday Today by techstack: 9:36am On May 22, 2020
I like him
Very strong and always ready to play

He no dey complain when called upon
Re: Garba Lawal Celebrates His 46th Birthday Today by ZikTzu: 9:39am On May 22, 2020
One of the most professional and patriotic players we've ever had.

Happy birthday Mr Lawal. God bless you.
Re: Garba Lawal Celebrates His 46th Birthday Today by Reference(m): 9:42am On May 22, 2020
You'd wish he could rise from the grave to keep on ruling the field like our politicians do the country.
Re: Garba Lawal Celebrates His 46th Birthday Today by friday2011(m): 9:42am On May 22, 2020
Righteousness89:
Mr. Garba Lawal "Chindo"
Position( DL, DR, DC, DM, MC, AFRL)

The Only Football player in History that FIFA accorded full respect to while on the field!

FIFA Called Him Mr. Garba Lawal

The Only Position Garba Lawal didn't play for Nigeria was the Goal keeper position. He played every other position..

Highly Committed to the National team

Happy Birthday Mr. Garba Lawal

Lol, guy... Your ajasa too much�...

Memories, those early 90, early 2000 eagles are fun to watch...

I just hope and believe the present crop of players will start giving us 100% commitment.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Garba Lawal Celebrates His 46th Birthday Today by EROMS38(m): 9:46am On May 22, 2020
The man known as Chindo.
Re: Garba Lawal Celebrates His 46th Birthday Today by VALIDDREAMS(m): 9:50am On May 22, 2020
Typo erro, that should be 56, ........ HAPPY BORNDAY TO YOU MR GARUBA LAWAL
Re: Garba Lawal Celebrates His 46th Birthday Today by Teejay13(m): 9:51am On May 22, 2020
Happy birthday boss! May your days be long.
Re: Garba Lawal Celebrates His 46th Birthday Today by Lordfranklin(m): 9:53am On May 22, 2020
Happy birthday Mr Lawal!
Re: Garba Lawal Celebrates His 46th Birthday Today by dahnimoh(m): 10:02am On May 22, 2020
46 abi 66years
Re: Garba Lawal Celebrates His 46th Birthday Today by Donraqh(m): 10:04am On May 22, 2020
One of the most disciplined players Nigeria ever had.

Garbage Lawal my man those years, thank you so kindly for those memories.

Wish you all the best at this time.
Re: Garba Lawal Celebrates His 46th Birthday Today by gabbasin: 10:07am On May 22, 2020
I can't forget his goal against Andoni Zubuzarreta of Spain in the world cup of 1998, his feeble shot beat the Spanish goalie which was parried into the net giving Nigeria the equalizer before Oliseh blaster from the center field win the match for Nigeria 3-2. I didn't like his playing style then but he has a goal to his name in the Mundial.
After the goal I was like 'Aja raun raun lon pa ikun' 'its a useless dog that can hunt down a squirrel' I didn't reckon with Lawal then and for him to have scored against the agile Zubuzarreta the proverb comes to my mind

1 Like

Re: Garba Lawal Celebrates His 46th Birthday Today by Stephendeals: 10:07am On May 22, 2020
Righteousness89:
Mr. Garba Lawal "Chindo"
Position( DL, DR, DC, DM, MC, AFRL)

The Only Football player in History that FIFA accorded full respect to while on the field!

FIFA Called Him Mr. Garba Lawal

The Only Position Garba Lawal didn't play for Nigeria was the Goal keeper position. He played every other position..

Highly Committed to the National team

Happy Birthday Mr. Garba Lawal

This is the comment!
Lemme re-echo it Happy Birthday Mr. Garba Lawal

2 Likes

Re: Garba Lawal Celebrates His 46th Birthday Today by Semaj77(m): 10:10am On May 22, 2020
ForeThinker:
Who him epp

Who you don help
Re: Garba Lawal Celebrates His 46th Birthday Today by Olarewaju89: 10:17am On May 22, 2020
LeOstrich:
LOL.

This paale is at least 58yrs old!

Na you born am..? grin
Re: Garba Lawal Celebrates His 46th Birthday Today by hybridblood07(m): 10:18am On May 22, 2020
He should be 51 or 52 for real
Mtola8:
He was a loyal servant, loyal to the cause, Ready to play when called upon. He wasn't a decorated player but he is well respected. Players like him are rare!!
But baba suppose do pass 46 na
Re: Garba Lawal Celebrates His 46th Birthday Today by kkinternet: 10:19am On May 22, 2020
Happy birthday to you Sir..Remain blessed always
Re: Garba Lawal Celebrates His 46th Birthday Today by gibzzhd: 10:25am On May 22, 2020
My dad is 62 and doesn't look as old as this.I Carri Yash for Nigeria/African footballers
Re: Garba Lawal Celebrates His 46th Birthday Today by yusluvad(m): 10:28am On May 22, 2020
Happy birthday to you...
Re: Garba Lawal Celebrates His 46th Birthday Today by IVORY2009(m): 10:32am On May 22, 2020
Chindo

Happy birthday Mr Lawal grin
Re: Garba Lawal Celebrates His 46th Birthday Today by GoshenNLA(m): 10:32am On May 22, 2020
Mr Garba Lawal
Even FIFA salutes him dat way
Neva seen any other player with Mr....

1 Like

Re: Garba Lawal Celebrates His 46th Birthday Today by IVORY2009(m): 10:33am On May 22, 2020
gibzzhd:
My dad is 62 and doesn't look as old as this.I Carri Yash for Nigeria/African footballers

You know, sports on its own makes one to get older on time....
Re: Garba Lawal Celebrates His 46th Birthday Today by grandstar(m): 10:33am On May 22, 2020
Sh1g1d1:
I can't believe he just turned 46

How dare you suggest they are lying? grin grin
Re: Garba Lawal Celebrates His 46th Birthday Today by IVORY2009(m): 10:37am On May 22, 2020
gabbasin:
I can't forget his goal against Andoni Zubuzarreta of Spain in the world cup of 1998, his feeble shot beat the Spanish goalie which was parried into the net giving Nigeria the equalizer before Oliseh blaster from the center field win the match for Nigeria 3-2. I didn't like his playing style then but he has a goal to his name in the Mundial.
After the goal I was like 'Aja raun raun lon pa ikun' 'its a useless dog that can hunt down a squirrel' I didn't reckon with Lawal then and for him to have scored against the agile Zubuzarreta the proverb comes to my mind

He was always very hard working in his playing days, disciplined to the call, always the first to report to camp ahead of time, and he was nick names Philip Trousere number one, an hard working defensive mid-filder too

1 Like

Re: Garba Lawal Celebrates His 46th Birthday Today by onadana: 10:37am On May 22, 2020
ebuka10box:
Football age, if I hear say this guy no be late 50s

No mind am.More like 64...he is in his 50's.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Paul Le Guen Rejects Super Eagles Job / Simy Nwankwo: My Goal Against Juventus Changed My Career For The Better / CAF Announces CAF Awards 2023 Nominees For Men’s Categories

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.