Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,410 members, 7,861,155 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 03:58 AM

Corp Member Donates 1 Month "Allawee" As COVID-19 Palliative To Bauchi Govt. - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Corp Member Donates 1 Month "Allawee" As COVID-19 Palliative To Bauchi Govt. (284 Views)

Zulum Visits Borno Nysc Camp, Gifts Each Corps Member N30k Palliative / NYSC Member Donates 10 Months Allowance As Scholarship To Student (pix) / Corps Member Donates ₦1.2m Borehole To Community In Sokoto (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Corp Member Donates 1 Month "Allawee" As COVID-19 Palliative To Bauchi Govt. by Lucia220: 11:16am On May 22, 2020
A member of the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC), Andara Daniel, has donated his N33,000 allowance for April to the Bauchi State Palliative Committee on COVID-19 to support the fight against the pandemic.

Daniel made the donation in Bauchi during the stakeholders meeting on COVID-19.

According to him, although the amount was meagre, he made the donation out of sheer selflessness to his fatherland.

“When a situation like this confronts our nation, we corps members, who have sworn to serve our nation selflessly and diligently, see it as a responsibility or duty to put hands together with the government.

“We must join hands with the government to put an end to such a situation,” he said.

The indigene of Bogoro Local Government Area of Bauchi State said he hopes the gesture would motivate people earning millions of naira from the government to do the same.

“I know what I’m donating is small and it cannot be used to fight the novel coronavirus.

“However, it serves as a show of selflessness to my dear fatherland, and it is also an example to those collecting hundreds of thousands and millions from the government to also do the same,” Daniel said.

Governor Bala Mohammad of Bauchi State who received the donation on behalf of the state government said he was impressed by the gesture and the bravery of the corps member.

“I am highly impressed by the selflessness and bravery of this young man and I am calling on  other citizens in the state to emulate his act of patriotism.”
https://thestreetjournal.org/2020/05/youth-corp-member-donates-1-month-allawee-as-covid-19-palliative-to-bauchi-government/

THE STREET JOURNAL
Visit www.thestreetjournal.org

Re: Corp Member Donates 1 Month "Allawee" As COVID-19 Palliative To Bauchi Govt. by Yenefer(f): 11:17am On May 22, 2020
Smart investment

(1) (Reply)

NYSC Certificate & Redeployment ONLY!!! / Edo 2020: NYSC Corrects Error, Issues New Certificate To Obaseki / Register For TOEFL And GRE At Affordable Rate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.