Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,792 members, 7,956,020 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 09:35 PM

What Causes Appendicitis - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / What Causes Appendicitis (618 Views)

Enlarged Prostate, Diabetes, Varicoceles & Appendicitis Curable With Herbs / What Is Average Cost Of Appendicitis Surgery In Lagos? / What Causes Acha Ere, Leg Cancer Or Leg Ulcer? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Causes Appendicitis by Veiniously: 2:35pm On May 22, 2020
i really wanna know what causes appendiciti a friend of mine said its sand now am very scared of eating nigerian rice and garri
Re: What Causes Appendicitis by Farki: 3:09pm On May 22, 2020
Veiniously:
i really wanna know what causes appendix a friend of mine said its sand now am very scared of eating nigerian rice and garri
Go to the market and buy this book. It will explain everything.

Re: What Causes Appendicitis by ChybuzzDD(m): 3:44pm On May 22, 2020
Veiniously:
i really wanna know what causes appendix a friend of mine said its sand now am very scared of eating nigerian rice and garri

You mean what causes Appendicitis( inflammation of the appendix) or what causes Appendix?

Appendix is a normal structure in the body of every human. It's part of the large intestine.

Re-phrase the question.
Re: What Causes Appendicitis by Veiniously: 4:26pm On May 22, 2020
ChybuzzDD:

You mean what causes Appendicitis( inflammation of the appendix) or what causes Appendix?

Appendix is a normal structure in the body of every human. It's part of the large intestine.

Re-phrase the question.
i have
Re: What Causes Appendicitis by ChybuzzDD(m): 5:18pm On May 22, 2020
Veiniously:
i have

Ok.
The appendix is like a small tube with a tiny lumen, and is blind-ending. Anything that can block that tiny lumen can result in inflammation(appendicitis).
The following can cause it:
- A piece of faeces/faecal matter(faecolith)>>>commonest cause
- A swollen lymph node(the appendix contains some lymph nodes, which can swell up in response to an infection elsewhere, and block the tiny lumen).
- Foreign bodies eg, swallowed beads, unchewed/undigested seeds, etc, that missed their way into the appendix
- Worms(that are able to manoeuvre into the tiny lumen, and block it)
- Cancers of the Caecum or appendix itself
- Adhesions from previous surgeries causing kinking of the appendix
These are some of the most common causes.
Re: What Causes Appendicitis by Veiniously: 5:34pm On May 22, 2020
ChybuzzDD:

Ok.
The appendix is like a small tube with a tiny lumen, and is blind-ending. Anything that can block that tiny lumen can result in inflammation(appendicitis).
The following can cause it:
- A piece of faeces/faecal matter(faecolith)>>>commonest cause
- A swollen lymph node(the appendix contains some lymph nodes, which can swell up in response to an infection elsewhere, and block the tiny lumen).
- Foreign bodies eg, swallowed beads, unchewed/undigested seeds, etc, that missed their way into the appendix
- Worms(that are able to manoeuvre into the tiny lumen, and block it)
- Cancers of the Caecum or appendix itself
- Adhesions from previous surgeries causing kinking of the appendix
These are some of the most common causes.
thanks

(1) (Reply)

Man Who Worships Donald Trump As "God" Dies After Fasting For Trump. / Is Weight Loss Supplements Supports Health Advantages? / Have You Ever Come Across A Lady With Vaginismus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.