Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,577 members, 7,820,085 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:28 AM

Nigeria :- If Given 2 Tenures To Rule Nigeria, How Will You Make Nigeria Great? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria :- If Given 2 Tenures To Rule Nigeria, How Will You Make Nigeria Great? (355 Views)

Court Halts Rivers Assembly’s Move To Extend Local Government Officials’ Tenures / Ihedioha Probes Land Allocations During Ohakim, Okorocha’s Tenures / Atiku: ‘I Will Rule Nigeria For Only Four Years’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria :- If Given 2 Tenures To Rule Nigeria, How Will You Make Nigeria Great? by edoboy74(m): 3:05pm On May 22, 2020
Despite all the refineries & oil, untouched & yet to be discovered natural resources, Blessed & Fertile soil for Agriculture, despite all the abilities, power & resources to recover looted funds.

What drastic measures will you take if given two (2) full tenure to rule Nigeria? How would you make Nigeria a great nation?
Re: Nigeria :- If Given 2 Tenures To Rule Nigeria, How Will You Make Nigeria Great? by Kingof2nations(m): 3:06pm On May 22, 2020
simple just restructure the country
Re: Nigeria :- If Given 2 Tenures To Rule Nigeria, How Will You Make Nigeria Great? by Nobody: 3:48pm On May 22, 2020
I will just sell it to the Americans or the Chinese.
everyone will migrate back to Europe
Re: Nigeria :- If Given 2 Tenures To Rule Nigeria, How Will You Make Nigeria Great? by edoboy74(m): 3:55pm On May 22, 2020
Lostz:
I will just sell it to the Americans or the Chinese.

everyone will migrate back to Europe

Probably upload Nigeria on Amazon for sale

1 Like

Re: Nigeria :- If Given 2 Tenures To Rule Nigeria, How Will You Make Nigeria Great? by edoboy74(m): 3:55pm On May 22, 2020
Kingof2nations:
simple just restructure the country

Under 8 years?
Re: Nigeria :- If Given 2 Tenures To Rule Nigeria, How Will You Make Nigeria Great? by bigpriik: 5:06pm On May 22, 2020
1)restructure the country(confederation)

2)improve the state of science and technology in the country to world class standard.

3)tribalism and racism will be serious crime with penalty(fine).

4)build standard seaport and international airport in the Southeast so biafrans will shut up.

Unfortunately I am Igbo can never rule so biafra is our hope tongue

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria :- If Given 2 Tenures To Rule Nigeria, How Will You Make Nigeria Great? by VISTIN(m): 5:48pm On May 22, 2020
1. I will do everything possible to reduce the cost of governance and make political posts not to be too enticing.

This will make people to be engaged by merit.

2. I will work on the electoral laws in such a way that it's no longer going to be about the highest bidder but, but the power will be on the PVC. Any nonsense from any security agency during the election, the boss will be fired and the culprits will face the law.

3. All geopolitical zones will be represented in appointments, by merit, not political influence. This will give every people sense of belonging and their will be equity.

4. I will increase the salary of security officials and hold them accountable. The security chiefs will know that any nonsense from their men will mean immediate sack.

5. I will increase the salaries of teachers and make the education sector very attractive by budgeting more.

6. Every region will have a taste of government presence.

7. Industrialization with total ban on whatever we can produce enough in the country.

8. I will hire technocrats in every area of the economy.

9. Will make life unbearable for corrupt individuals.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria :- If Given 2 Tenures To Rule Nigeria, How Will You Make Nigeria Great? by BlackfireX: 6:28pm On May 22, 2020
Ban open religion for 3 years.

Enact a law that before you are elected or appointed you will buy a gun, and 50 bullets with your name written on it, so if you embezzled more than 50 million naira as a president, you get shot.

All elected/ appointed person's kids must attend school here in Nigeria.

6 months to election all officials must be audited.
Every post must be by merit not quota system.

Election will be by E- voting

All Nigeria citizens must be captured in a Data base.

No more governor... It will be the president and the 774 local govt , and one legislature.

I stop here for now

1 Like

Re: Nigeria :- If Given 2 Tenures To Rule Nigeria, How Will You Make Nigeria Great? by Jostoman: 6:57pm On May 22, 2020
They want to gather knowledge for gambari

1 Like

Re: Nigeria :- If Given 2 Tenures To Rule Nigeria, How Will You Make Nigeria Great? by Ayo8(m): 7:11pm On May 22, 2020
First...I will let the Israelites go...

1 Like

Re: Nigeria :- If Given 2 Tenures To Rule Nigeria, How Will You Make Nigeria Great? by dalongjnr: 7:23pm On May 22, 2020
Nigeria need practical and simple governance.
1. We will run the parliament as a civil service.
Uniform salary for uniform grade level(1st termers, 2nd,3rd.... With salaries according to the year spent in the house, the longer the higher).
Earned allowances most be scrutinized, compiled and payed accordingly.
All must live in staff quarters with no housing or furniture allowances.
Buses will be provided by the government for oversight functions.
Members can take car loans from banks with the assembly commission as their grantor.
University of parliamentary studies most be attended by all members for 2⅓yrs evening classes.
No constituency development allowances be paid to any member of parliament,rather, a member is allowed to write a proposal of constituency needs, same forwarded to the national assembly commission for scrutiny and if viable, captured and executed in the years budget.
2.The executive arm; all presidential direct staff like chief of staff,press sec, advisers,domestic and personal staff must stay in the villa.
All President must be entitled for a new car once in 4 or 5 yrs. Ministers must also be treated as members of parliament.
3.judiciary. Their must be delimitation of some powers of certain courts and empowerment of certain courts. Eg industrial court, CCBT, at per with federal appeal court.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria :- If Given 2 Tenures To Rule Nigeria, How Will You Make Nigeria Great? by joyandfaith: 7:34pm On May 22, 2020
edoboy74:
Despite all the refineries & oil, untouched & yet to be discovered natural resources, Blessed & Fertile soil for Agriculture, despite all the abilities, power & resources to recover looted funds.

What drastic measures will you take if given two (2) full tenure to rule Nigeria? How would you make Nigeria a great nation?

1. I will be in charge of police as minister of police affairs. All police officers will wear bodycam with all stations digitalized. Special prisons will be built for erring police officers and other security agents. Any complaint against police and other security agents will be handled by presidency.
2. E-government in all ministries and parastatats will be instionalized. bureaucratic procedures will be reduced to minimum. erring civil servants will be punished. vice president will be in charge if handling complaints against any civil servants.
Re: Nigeria :- If Given 2 Tenures To Rule Nigeria, How Will You Make Nigeria Great? by slimfit1(m): 8:12pm On May 22, 2020
Buhari has finished it no point as you can see, any other person is just wasting his time. I don't want to talk to any Hausa man as I'm typing right now. Nigeria is dead to me.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria :- If Given 2 Tenures To Rule Nigeria, How Will You Make Nigeria Great? by Merit123(m): 10:09pm On May 22, 2020
angryI swear I will declare total LOCKDOWN for that 8years
Re: Nigeria :- If Given 2 Tenures To Rule Nigeria, How Will You Make Nigeria Great? by infinitethrust: 11:17pm On May 22, 2020
I will first let them go! Then rebuilding will be easier and a better challenge cause i will want them to miss Nigeria if there is something to miss.
Re: Nigeria :- If Given 2 Tenures To Rule Nigeria, How Will You Make Nigeria Great? by Wiseandtrue(f): 11:42pm On May 22, 2020
Invite those who are sabotaging this country to a dinner. Then the rest is not difficult to guess

1 Like

Re: Nigeria :- If Given 2 Tenures To Rule Nigeria, How Will You Make Nigeria Great? by proudevil: 6:21am On May 23, 2020
I will give the elite the Ghanaian treatment.

(1) (Reply)

Ondo 2020: I’m Ready For APC Direct Primary Or Any Other System —akeredolu / Governor Obaseki Consults Buhari On His Intention To Seek Re-election(pictures) / Umahi's Human Capital Development Scorecard: Setting A Pace For Others To Follow

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.